• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

Chalk another one up for Hellywood

We were on the same wavelength with our simultaneous responses, Gerioke!!! :blink:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Sue,

I'm definitely agreed with you on Pleasantville... we all must remember that most movies come out of Hollywood... where they praise Michael Moore and scorn Mel Gibson... where bad is good and good is evil.

I watch MUCH less TV than I used to watch. If I do watch, I watch Fox News or even more often

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

yep.... the time I used to spend on TV, I now spend online with Conservative/Christian activism. It's sad to say I pay nearly $50 a month for satellite TV service that ends up being about three or four channels actually viewed in my household.... they (and I will refrain from calling out the companies' names) know they won't make money if they offer

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

My TV viewing consists mainly of St. Louis Cardinals baseball and "The Beverly Hillbillies", home improvement shows (This Ole House, etc.), old cartoons like "Popeye," "Looney Tunes," etc. and older music programs such as "The Porter Wagoner Show," "The Wilburn Brothers Show," "Pop Goes the Country" and the like. I also watch Joel Osteen and an occasional Joyce Meyer program and that's the extent of it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

My TV viewing consists mainly of St. Louis Cardinals baseball and "The Beverly Hillbillies", home improvement shows (This Ole House, etc.), old cartoons like "Popeye," "Looney Tunes," etc. and older music programs such as "The Porter Wagoner Show," "The Wilburn Brothers Show," "Pop Goes the Country" and the like.  I also watch Joel Osteen and an occasional Joyce Meyer program and that's the extent of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanna come live at your house

Beverly Hillbillys 24/7 :whistling:

My TV viewing consists mainly of St. Louis Cardinals baseball and "The Beverly Hillbillies", home improvement shows (This Ole House, etc.), old cartoons like "Popeye," "Looney Tunes," etc. and older music programs such as "The Porter Wagoner Show," "The Wilburn Brothers Show," "Pop Goes the Country" and the like.  I also watch Joel Osteen and an occasional Joyce Meyer program and that's the extent of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to watch the "Beverly Hillbillies" during 11th grade history class - seriously! My history teacher for both 10th & 11th grades (same teacher) was a football coach, and he spent more time roaming the halls doing whatever than he did teaching. He would just tell us to read the chapter and answer the questions at the end of the chapter. Needless to say, I did not learn much about history in H.S. But, I sure enjoyed watching the "Beverly Hillbillies." :whistling:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Woah...my first post (besides my little introduction)...well here goes :whistling:

For TV...

Reba. Hands down. SO funny. Wholesome fun.

For movies...

I have two words for all of you: Veggie Tales. You would not believe how much I love those movies. My boyfriend owns every Veggie Tales there is. *grin* Anyway, that's my little plug for them...

Movies more adults and teens will enjoy:

"Kate & Leopold" (ladies, make your man watch this with you next Valentine's day :cool: ) Pretty sure there's nothing in that one...though I haven't seen it in about a year, so I could be wrong.

"Pride & Prejudice" (the A&E version)...another Jane Austen

"Lord of the Rings...." I think this may have been mentioned already, but these are my favourites. If you've read the books, watch the Extended Editions. They're more satisfying for Tolkien enthusiasts. No swearing. No nudity. Obviously, there are battle scenes, but if you've read the books, that prolly doesn't bother you.

"Harry Potter..." LOTS of debate in Christian circles about these (but let's save that for another conversation, shall we? I'll bet it's prolly already been debated here, anyway...). There is no swearing and no nudity. Everything depends on whether you're a fan of fantasy.

the original "Star Wars" Trilogy (can't say I'm a fan of the new ones).

"Chariots of Fire" A classic. For a good reason.

"What's Up, Doc?" A Barbara Streisand comedy. Hillarious.

That's all I have off the top of my head, but I may come up with more eventually.

Blessings and peace!

~Iryssa

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Okay I feel like maybe my choice in what I watch is slowly changing. For an example:

I was watching a movie on USA channel on t.v. and the swears they used! Isn't t.v. movies supposed to be edited for that stuff! My husband and I looked at each other and we were like :whistling::cool: ! Whoa!

Woah...my first post (besides my little introduction)...well here goes :UsA_smilie:

For movies...

I have two words for all of you: Veggie Tales. You would not believe how much I love those movies. My boyfriend owns every Veggie Tales there is. *grin* Anyway, that's my little plug for them...

My daughter (28 yrs old) loves Veggie Tales. I believe she has all of them. She often has friends over for an evening and they watch Veggie Tale movies. They are great for the whole family. They are fun, humorous, musical, and have really great messages.

Movies more adults and teens will enjoy:

"Pride & Prejudice" (the A&E version)...another Jane Austen

We love this movie!! My husband bought it on DVD. We watch it at least 4 times a year. Each time you watch it you pick up things you missed the first couple of times around. It is an all-time classic!! And, a must see!!!
"What's Up, Doc?" A Barbara Streisand comedy. Hilarious.

That's all I have off the top of my head, but I may come up with more eventually.

Blessings and peace!

~Iryssa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We also have a copy of this movie and bring it out every now and then to watch it. It has a really funny chase scene. It is old, but fun!! There are people who like Barbara S and people who don't like Barbara S. I happen to be one of her fans, not for her real life positions on stuff, but for her talent. I especially love to hear her sing. She and Karen Carpenter used to be my favorite singers.

Well, I was trying to put my comments in between another's quotes, but it messed up. So, if you are confused, it is my fault!!