• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why is life so difficult and filled with so much heartaches and pain?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Tasha,

First of all -- welcome to WCF!  :)

Are you a believer in Jesus Christ?  If not, then that's the first step -- and if you'd like to know more ... simply ask!  

If you are a believer, most people are never taught the fact that once you are translated from the Kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of Light, you've gained a new enemy of your soul that wants to "rob, kill and destroy you!"

I often read this passage in Peter as it says,

1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 

First Peter describes the very enemy of our souls -- as a lion seeking whom he may devour!

1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 

Notice that believers as they come to faith -- they experience trials and tribulations -- a test so to speak -- but those trials are working for your good -- to make you perfect -- to establish and strengthen and settle you!

I know it's a difficult thing to hear, but you're now at war with spiritual forces of darkness and the way to overcome is through and in Him!

1Co 15:57  But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

This verb in Greek -- gives -- is a active verb which could be translated this way --  who gives us a continually and abiding victory!

Most believers never claim their victory -- it's not in who they are -- but in WHO HE IS!  Walk in His Victory -- in Him, and you'll soon discover the meaning of what Jesus' said when he said, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away,

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2Co 1:3  ESV  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

2Co 1:4  who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2Co 1:5  For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.