But i know God will be me a Wife

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I told my story on one of the other marriage threads (I've forgotten which, but it was recently). I prayed 11 years for a husband, finally told the LORD to tell me when the right man showed up, and about 3 weeks later, Larry came into my life.

Before we got married, we sat down one day and talked seriously about what each of us expected in a marriage - our roles as husband and wife, our views on GOD and children, etc, etc.

We lined up, eye-to-eye, on all the most important things in our hearts.

So, yes, the LORD definitely arranged our marriage.

Edited by sheya joie

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

CFS,

Hi, if you read the 24th chapter of Genesis, you will find how it was God who chose Rebekah to be the wife of Isaac. Considering God is the same yesteray, today and for ever more I would daresay He is still able to choose one's husband or wife. I know He chose my wife 49 tears ago and my wife believes He chose me for her husband. Our marriage is blessed on a daily basis. I guess it's a matter of waiting and having faith.

my thoughts,

eric.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

And incidentally neither of us had received Christ at the time, but we both believe now, that it was providential. :thumbsup:

eric

Edited by eric

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I consider that God has arranged and ordained our marriages, he has to, how else would we make it our whole lives with the same person and all their idiosyncracies if not?.......

MHO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for sharing. Good point!! Glad to hear how well it turned out for you and your friends.

CFS,

Hi, if you read the 24th chapter of Genesis, you will find how it was God who chose Rebekah to be the wife of Isaac. Considering God is the same yesteray, today and for ever more I would daresay He is still able to choose one's husband or wife. I know He chose my wife 49 tears ago and my wife believes He chose me for her husband. Our marriage is blessed on a daily basis. I guess it's a matter of waiting and having faith.

my thoughts,

eric.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eric,

Thanks so much for sharing that. You've been married 49 years? Or, did you mean "tears"?

My husband and I will have our 33rd anniversary this year. I know God put us together, but I don't recall that I felt that way 33 years ago. I just knew he was the one I wanted to marry. We were both believers. We were best friends. I just knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. And, I was picky. I wanted a man who loved God and who followed him. But, I don't think I really understood the providence of God in putting us together back then. I do now.

My daughter met a guy this year who is 8 years younger than her. She is 28 and he will turn 20 this month. He is very immature in a lot of ways, including spiritually, and he is not what she was looking for in a guy. But, she believes God has told her to marry him. There are a lot of "red flags" from a purely human look at the situation, but she feels this is a marriage arranged by God. Yet, she is confused because her friends are advising her against the relationship, mainly because he is not leading her spiritually, and I have to agree. He is not good for her in a lot of ways. She has been praying about this and God has told her to "wait." I told her today that if God is saying "wait" then that is her answer, and I believe that God's answer really agrees with her friends. This is not the time for a serious relationship with this guy. Her heart goes back and forth and I think the guy is pushing for a more serious commitment, which she feels she can not give right now. Still, she feels certain God has told her to marry him and she believes that some day she will. This is what prompted the question.

I told my story on one of the other marriage threads (I've forgotten which, but it was recently).  I prayed 11 years for a husband, finally told the LORD to tell me when the right man showed up, and about 3 weeks later, Larry came into my life.

Before we got married, we sat down one day and talked seriously about what each of us expected in a marriage - our roles as husband and wife, our views on GOD and children, etc, etc.

We lined up, eye-to-eye, on all the most important things in our hearts.

So, yes, the LORD definitely arranged our marriage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love all these success stories. I started this for my daughter, but actually I am quite enjoying your stories of meetings and marriages arranged by God and the positive outcome of those "arranged" marriages. Keep them coming!! It is good to be encouraged!!!

Yes, God also led her to her spouse who is a great guy (oddly he and my husband are SOOO much alike, it's scary!)

Yes, I think God leads us to the person He has chosen for us to marry. I am so glad I listened!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am glad you did, too!! Thanks so much for sharing that!!