• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Some of the responses on this thread, troubled me so greatly.

We do understand that repentance is necessary for salvation, don't we?  Then why would we believe that OUR children are exempt from this part of the gospel?  Repentance is ALWAYS the foundation for salvation, whether a child or adult.  There were no stipulations in the Scriptures that said it was not meant for some.  That some could be saved without first repenting?  If we truly believe that, then we have lead our children down a very dangerous road.  If we are telling our children that they are saved without repentance, then where is their submission to Christ as Lord, if they have not repented?  They will grow to become stiff-necked, because you have told them "they are saved", when in fact, just like I WAS, they may be in rebellion to God, rather than surrendered to Christ, because they never came to a point of repentance.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I know a young lady ( turned 3 the 28th of April this year ) that has been literally praying specific prayers for people she knows.

her sister who is 2 years older, prays the canned childrens prayers....

Emma loves to pray. She has prayed for specific things for her class mates ( sunday school class mates ) as well as teen age girls.

after her prayers for the teens ( both my wife and me was present during this ) there was a wonderful peace about the teenage girls taht was not there prior.

during the time of our class with the 2 and 3 year olds, Emma reminded us that it was prayer time, so we sat in a circle and took hands, then Emma wanted to be annointed with oil, so she was annointed and this began our prayer session, begininning with Emma being prayed over, then Emma started praying for others and she wanted the girls to be annointed, and they were and Emma stood up and placed her hands on Kayla's head and started praying for her, and then placed her hands on Melissa's head and again prayed for her, then she sat down and we all prayed together. the prayer Emma was praying, I was in total agreement with.

so to answer your question, i will have to ask a question.............

when do children know right from wrong? at what age?

first off, we have to teach them some of the right and wrong things, such as sharing, and not sharing, hitting and not hitting, hurting some one or helping some one.....

and as they grow in age, they need to be taught other things, some of which will start coming more natural as they begin to connect things together.

another question to be asked, for the answer, is do they realize who Jesus is? do they know why He came to earth, do they know what He is all about?

our 2 & 3 year olds know who the Lion of Judea is..... you ask them and they will sing it out... they know who the Lion of Judea is.....

do they trust Jesus? probably, or they would not be sitting down of their own free will and accord to pray, we do not force teh children to pray, we encourage them to sit with us but not forced, we always have one or two that would rather play...

do the children realize why they need saved? do they know that they are not saved? this may come at an early age for some, but others, may not know thatthey are lost until they are well in to their 90's.... for this, a differant age for each....

can the Holy Spirit work thru a child that is unsaved? one that has not taken Jesus as their Lord and Savior?

ABSOLUTELY......... and this may be because of this child being annointed by God, even in the womb.... or maby dedicated to God as a new born.....

I believe Emma is being used by God, thru the Holy Spirit to touch other peoples lives, has she actually taken Jesus as her Lord and Savior? I do not really believe she knows that concept yet, nor do I believe she realizes she needs to personally ask the Lord into her life...... that day will come. and I have no doubt, that she will ask Him in to stay, for I do believe that she is to be a great witness/prophettess for the Lord.

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Tsth has brought up a good point.We must repent and turn from our sins.Do young children understand the atonement?Do they fully understand the purpose of the Resurrection and the hope that it brings?Do young children fully understand salvation?We know the heart of a child at that age is pure and innocent but at what point will they begin to realize what sin is?Hmm........this is indeed an interesting thread.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I truly believe, because of my own experience, and my husband's, that we need to take a second look at what has truly taken place in the Christian realm. I think that we are witnessing the results in this nation of what happens if repentance is not fully understood, and acknowledged. I am in NO WAY saying that we should not witness to children.........for heaven's sake, I'm in children's ministry. That is what I have been called to do, is evangelize children. I am just saying that we'd better re-think the practice of "salvation assurance" to those who have possibly never come to the point of TRUE salvation, which would involve repentance.

It is so vital to implant the Word of God in children, our children, this nation's children, etc.........but always with the understanding that they will have to take responsibility and ownership of the fact that they are sinners and in need of a Savior. It is good to plant the Word of God, I have often wondered if children receiving the Lord at an early age, is much like a deposit, guaranteeing that when they are an adult and fully comprehend their sin "after hearing the Truth preached", then that they will come to the point of True repentance, like I did. I had to hear the TRUE WORD preached to recognize my sinful state, and my disobedience to God. When I realized how far away I was from the Lord and that I had need of a heartfelt relationship with the Lord Jesus, and surrendered to His Lordship, it was then that I was truly born-again. I now can call myself a Christ-follower, with no hesitation, whereas before I ALWAYS had doubt, even though I had continually had my salvation assured by someone else and been to churches where repentance of sin was never preached. When I finally came across a church that stood firmly on the Word of God and preached It in It's fullness, it was then that my heart was convicted of sin, and I knew the Truth of my standing. It was not right. I repented, I surrendered, I obeyed and followed in baptism, and my life has NEVER been the same. I am awed with what He has done in me, and how powerful the whole counsel of God Is. His Word changes lives.

You know the thing of it is this....salvation is never about a prayer you prayed 30 years ago, it's about TODAY, right now. Are you following Him NOW????

He is merciful and able to save me by the power of His Grace working in me.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Hello :huh:

Dear OA,

It appears as though you just got angry, and DIDN'T read my posts. Because if you had, you would have heard what I said correctly, and not posted what you did above.

:b:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Here's what it boils down to:

If you look at this thread and the "IF" thread and the current day confusion over the TRUE Christians, and the obvious lack of fruit in this nation. Here's the formula for confusion.

Take all the children, who pray a prayer, with NO UNDERSTANDING of repentance, and then ADD the OSAS doctrine, SUBTRACT the whole counsel/doctrine being preached, i.e., repentance, judgment, redemption from sin lifestyles, etc., and you end up with an adult who is thoroughly confused about his standing before Christ. Because he/she has been told that they're saved no matter what, even though they have never come to the point of repentance and acknowledgment of their sinful state, and are STILL living under the bondage of lifestyles of sin. THAT is why nothing is adding up these days, for a nation that claims to be 85% Christian!

We'd better start revisting repentance and what it REALLY means.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

does anyone believe...

That's a GOOD question.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

You CANNOT leave out "repentance" as part of it.  Lest the sacrifice on the cross is neglected. 

We need to stop assuring those of salvation, who may not be saved!!!  We are misleading them.  I truly wish that someone would have told me the TRUTH about my state, sooner!  Rather than assuring me of my salvation even though I was living like the devil.  I bore NO FRUIT of a Christian.  There was no obedience, and no belief.  I just assumed that I was saved no matter what!  I wasn't!  I had to come to terms with my "SIN" and acknowledge it.  That had not ever happened.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!! :whistling:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Some of the responses on this thread, troubled me so greatly.

We do understand that repentance is necessary for salvation, don't we?  Then why would we believe that OUR children are exempt from this part of the gospel?  Repentance is ALWAYS the foundation for salvation, whether a child or adult.  There were no stipulations in the Scriptures that said it was not meant for some.  That some could be saved without first repenting?  If we truly believe that, then we have lead our children down a very dangerous road.  If we are telling our children that they are saved without repentance, then where is their submission to Christ as Lord, if they have not repented?  They will grow to become stiff-necked, because you have told them "they are saved", when in fact, just like I WAS, they may be in rebellion to God, rather than surrendered to Christ, because they never came to a point of repentance.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AGAIN, AMEN!!