IGNORED

PETA to post billboard near border comparing cow families to migrants

ayin jade

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, Davida said:

Thanks! I'll try it sometime. :)

Fried chicken, chicken fried steak, fried Snickers bars, fried ice cream, fried pickles, fried corndogs, fried potatoes, deep fried turkey, fried butter on a stick (literally, its a hit at the local fair)…   If you can eat it, fry it.  It's the American way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I am done.  You can all do a collective cheer and go right back to former beliefs without have to change a thing!   Yay!  If this is you, you can stop reading now.  Thanks.

My own personal motto is learn, change, grow and I hope to continue to do that my entire life.  I want to increase in knowledge, compassion and empathy as long as I live.  I have only one life to do so, so I have to make the best of it.

For those who also feel this way and might just want to take an honest glimpse at another side, there are so many amazing vegan options these days - we don't need to consume the homormal secretions from other mammals.  (and we wonder why we have so many health issues!)   Some of the plant based cheeses are so close you would not even know the difference.  Plant based steaks, chicken etc are evolving every day to the point where you would not even know it was not the flesh of an animal caged and mistreated it's entire life.   I urge honest, caring, Christians to take a look at the other side.  You may do so and for whatever reason, choose not to eat less meat, but please at least give it an open minded and fair shake.  Thanks to you other wisely-silent people for listening.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Fried chicken, chicken fried steak, fried Snickers bars, fried ice cream, fried pickles, fried corndogs, fried potatoes, deep fried turkey, fried butter on a stick (literally, its a hit at the local fair)…   If you can eat it, fry it.  It's the American way.

Well I like chicken fried steak but I know its not healthy hence the reason I eat it rarely. It is a special occasion for me when I indulge. I just want to make it clear: I dont advocate reckless eating habits! 

I stay far away from fried foods. I dont like them. My body doesnt like them! I do like french fries but I make them on a cookie sheet in the oven. Im not one if those Americans who eats unhealthy as a lifestyle. Ive never even had a fried candy bar or pickle but I have seen them at the fair. Sounds and looks like a heart attack waiting to me! Lol

Gluttony is a huge problem in the christian community . I hate it. Its swept under the rug and not addressed because someone may get offended!  If I misled anyone to think Im ok with consuming fattening unhealthy foods on a regular basis with no regard for their temple; I apologize. That would be a gross misrepresentation of me. 

My 2 cents. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

7 hours ago, artsylady said:

For those who also feel this way and might just want to take an honest glimpse at another side, there are so many amazing vegan options these days - we don't need to consume the hormonal secretions from other mammals.  (and we wonder why we have so many health issues!)   Some of the plant based cheeses are so close you would not even know the difference.  Plant based steaks, chicken etc are evolving every day to the point where you would not even know it was not the flesh of an animal caged and mistreated it's entire life.   I urge honest, caring, Christians to take a look at the other side.  You may do so and for whatever reason, choose not to eat less meat, but please at least give it an open minded and fair shake.  Thanks to you other wisely-silent people for listening.

5 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I urge honest, caring, Christians to respect the decisions of other Christians in all things not pertaining to Salvation, and not try to shame or impose personal decisions on others, or imply that certain decisions are unchristian, or make certain decisions appear to be a benchmark of their amount of love, compassion, empathy and humanity shown and felt by them.

Romans chapter 14:

17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

1. What maryjayne said. (emphasis mine.)

2. "Plant based steaks, chicken etc are evolving every day to the point where you would not even know it was not the flesh of an animal" is something I've never understood. Serious inquiry here: If you're choosing not to eat meat, that's fine. What I don't understand is why so many want to make "plant based" steaks, chicken, and the others? What's the point? Why imitate something you've chosen not to eat?

Not trying to shame anyone. If anyone feels shamed, its not from me.  You might want to give that some thought.  

I might reiterate, only here to give new info to those who are ready to check it out.  I hope some do!  :)

As far as plant based 'meat' and 'cheese', most vegans don't give up meat and cheese because we hate the taste of these things.   We hate the cruelty in the industry and that God's creatures are being so badly abused in it.   So the alternatives taste good and are cruelty free.   It's a win-win.  Thanks for asking.

I wish people would stop it with the PETA thing.  Although philosophically, they are correct in much of their views, we all know they aren't necessarily on the up and up either, at all times.   

I am not here to give Peta ammunition.  I am here to see if any free thinkers might want to open their minds to an important issue of today.  If you don't that's fine, but why do you have to keep piping in?   Just ignore me.  ???  

1 hour ago, artsylady said:

I wish people would stop it with the PETA thing.  Although philosophically, they are correct in much of their views, we all know they aren't necessarily on the up and up either, at all times.   

I am not here to give Peta ammunition.  I am here to see if any free thinkers might want to open their minds to an important issue of today.  If you don't that's fine, but why do you have to keep piping in?   Just ignore me.  ???  

Why do YOU have to keep piping in? You have done a fine job at derailing this thread! 

You need to STOP with your personal agenda that has nothing to do with the OP! 

I thought you had more gentleness and compassion now that you have had an "Epiphany" and it transcended you to new heights of love. ( rolling eyes)

What I see is a likened to a bull in a china shop. There is nothing unselfish about your constant rhetoric! You are bullying people . There is zero interest in your product you peddle.

I am going to start reporting you for harrassing others.

This is day 3 ? and yet here you are still talking the same sales pitch. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, maryjayne said:

1) the topic of this thread is the actions of PETA so they are the main subject.

2) its a discussion board, we discuss, we are free to 'pipe in' as and when we wish, providing we stick to the TOS.

3) discussion means discussing both side of the subject and drawing our own conclusions. Its not about you, its about the subject matter.

If you had something new, I could see why you might want to pipe in.  I don't see that as the case, although maybe I missed something.  In that case, I'm sorry.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, 1sheep said:

Why do YOU have to keep piping in? You have done a fine job at derailing this thread! 

You need to STOP with your personal agenda that has nothing to do with the OP! 

I thought you had more gentleness and compassion now that you have had an "Epiphany" and it transcended you to new heights of love. ( rolling eyes)

What I see is a likened to a bull in a china shop. There is nothing unselfish about your constant rhetoric! You are bullying people . There is zero interest in your product you peddle.

I am going to start reporting you for harrassing others.

This is day 3 ? and yet here you are still talking the same sales pitch. 

I 'derailed' it, (is that no allowed) because I typed in 'vegan' into the search engine to see if people were discussing this, as steering clear of consuming animal flesh and their hormonal secretions is becoming less and less popular as people become more informed on the heath issues, and on the treatment of the animals.   My apologies if 'derailing' is not allowed.

I am harassing you?   Wow.  That's really something.  Why don't you call the police and report me?  If you want, send me a private message and I'll give you my address so the police will know where to find me.