• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Willie T said:

So, then, the honest answer is that you have not contacted him?

Many have or have attempted to. This is not a private matter, it is a public one.

Are you aware that Paul publicly confronted people, rebuked them publicly and named names? 

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

9 minutes ago, Acadia said:

Many have or have attempted to. This is not a private matter, it is a public one.

Are you aware that Paul publicly confronted people, rebuked them publicly and named names? 

But, you haven't?  OK,I see.

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

But, you haven't?  OK,I see.

I have addressed his wife on her Facebook page. She blocked me, as she does all others who disagree with her. It’s her right to do so, of course, but the point is that these leaders will not listen to anyone who tries to correct or ask honest questions of them.

Again, we don’t need to speak with them to publicly address their very public “ministries.” We are to “mark and avoid” those who teach contrary to the doctrine we have received.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Dr. Michael Brown blocks you and then deletes your comments.  When several of us expressed concern when Jen Hatmaker and her husband, Brandon embraced homosexuality and claimed God had no problem with it, her husband deactivated his FB page and then made a new one later on.  Steve Furtick does not like negative posts.  Neither does Bill Johnson.  Greg Locke really doesn't like them.

I don't doubt any of that.  I don't happen to think much of Michael Brown either (don't know any of the others because I don't search them out) but I also don't trash Brown on forums he will never see.  I happen to think a simple statement about him such as I just made is all that is necessary.  If I wanted to call any of them names or besmirch their reputations, I would do it directly in in communication with them.

Edited by Willie T

24 minutes ago, Acadia said:

I have addressed his wife on her Facebook page. She blocked me, as she does all others who disagree with her. It’s her right to do so, of course, but the point is that these leaders will not listen to anyone who tries to correct or ask honest questions of them.

Again, we don’t need to speak with them to publicly address their very public “ministries.” We are to “mark and avoid” those who teach contrary to the doctrine we have received.

They probably won't.  But does that mean you do not keep posting on their sites?  Instead, why come to a place like this where none of us would ever think of attending his church, and run him down?  Did Jesus go to the Pharisees (and kept going to them), or did He just sit around the campfire with his little huddle of disciples, and secretly talk trash about them, knowing no one else was hearing his words?  Sure he warned people (not just those on his forum) but He mainly kept trying to reach the Pharisees, directly, and people listening to the Pharisees..

Edited by Willie T

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

It is completely disingenuous  to attempt phony virtue signalling or to  feign any fake honor when if a person is only working to defend False Prophets & wolves and tries to be an obstacle to the real Bible believing Church calling out the false teachers. 

Gosh, I'm glad you didn't say I wasn't a Christian.

12 minutes ago, Willie T said:

They probably won't.  But does that mean you do not keep posting on their sites?  Instead, why come to a place like this where none of us would ever think of attending his church, and run him down?  Did Jesus go to the Pharisees (and kept going to them), or did He just sit around the campfire with his little huddle of disciples, and secretly talk trash about them, knowing no one else was hearing his words?  Sure he warned people (not just those on his forum) but He mainly kept trying to reach the Pharisees, directly, and people listening to the Pharisees..

I am not "trashing" anyone or "running him (Bill Johnson) down". Perhaps you believe Paul was doing so when he named names and publicly exposed and reproved false teachers and deceivers. Perhaps you would have told him not to bother warning believers of "wolves in sheep's clothing", false prophets and false apostles.

1 hour ago, Acadia said:

I am not "trashing" anyone or "running him (Bill Johnson) down". Perhaps you believe Paul was doing so when he named names and publicly exposed and reproved false teachers and deceivers. Perhaps you would have told him not to bother warning believers of "wolves in sheep's clothing", false prophets and false apostles.

Paul was speaking of people his audience who were already listening to on a regular basis.  No one on this forum ever listens to Bill Johnson.  Even you guys just picked up something someone else was telling you about him.  I have never listened to one of his sermons to learn from him, and I am fairly confident neither have any of you.  (Listening to a selected segment of a video someone told us to watch to agree that it is "heresy" is nowhere near the same thing as sitting under his teaching to possibly learn from him.)  THAT was why Paul was warning about those guys.

Edited by Willie T

5 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Paul was speaking of people his audience was already listening to on a regular basis.  No one on this forum ever listens to Bill Johnson.  Even you guys just picked up something someone else was telling you about him.  I have never listened to one of his sermons to learn from him, and I am fairly confident neither have any of you.  (Listening to a selected segment of a video someone told us to watch to agree that it is "heresy" is nowhere near the same thing as sitting under his teaching to possibly learn from him.)  THAT was why Paul was warning about those guys.

How do you know whether or not anyone on this forum ever listens to Bill Johnson? How do you know that no one who listens to Bill Johnson will ever read the warnings written here? And as to the assumption that those warning about the false teachings of Bill Johnson have not listened to him, you are incorrect. I have. I have watched/listened/read a significant amount of his sermons and teachings. So, your "confidence" that I have not is quite misplaced.

Nor should anyone "sit under" or submit themselves to false teaching just to prove it is false. We must be careful to "test" all things, but not to subject ourselves (or encourage others to do so) in a way in which they give these false teachers authority and submit to them. That is how many are led astray.

Do you think a Christian should go to a Islamic mosque and submit to Islamic teachings before they can warn that those teachings are false and dangerous?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Davida said:

You have been disingenuous and hypocritical.

"You did it, so I can do it!" ?  I find that thinking kind of interesting.  Are you going to report yourself?  (Because I try never to stoop to that.)