• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Willie T said:

My compliments.  You are a rare breeze of honesty in your answers.  "Yes", that is a definite departure from Christianity, and it goes on in the midst of our mainstream congregations all the time.

Should we warn others about such practices? Yes or no?

2 minutes ago, Willie T said:

I will repeat it again (for about the fifth time_ I am not defending these characters standing at my aunt's grave acting all strange.  What I have consistently been saying that I believe we are just as wrong as they are when we act the way we are acting toward them.  And we might be worse because we try to justify not meeting them in love.  In truth, do we really even WANT to try to love them?  Because getting them to see they are wrong is not going to be done by just throwing some verses at them.  (Some of them may already be more familiar with the words written in the Bible than some of us... they just have seen different conclusions.)  IT IS GOING TO TAKE MANY HOURS OF SITTING AND RATIONALLY TALKING WITH THEM.  Is that something anyone can say they are willing to do?

Well it will never happen if we take the attitude that they are to snap and jump because we told them they are worshiping demons.  We really are not "all that and an RC Cola."

Do you honestly think that we are going to be given the opportunity to sit down for “many hours” to “rationally” talk with them?

In some cases they have had close friends try to warn them, and they haven’t even listened to the people they know and (hopefully) care about.

Please tell me how I, or anyone else here, is going to be given the opportunity to spend so much time discussing Scripture with Bill Johnson or any other “celebrity” teacher or preacher.

It’s not going to happen.

In the meantime they continue to lead hundreds, if not thousands, astray. And you would suggest we say nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Just now, Acadia said:

Should we warn others about such practices? Yes or no?

Yes.  And it is not done at places they never frequent.  Nor is it done by shaking our finger at them, telling them everything negative we can think of to say.  Even Paul opened his conversation at Athens with compliments on the heathen's high level of religion..... and even continued by using their own poets and philosophers to make a point.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Did Jesus or Paul sing about the virtues of the False Prophets? show us the scripture?

Actually, Paul did.  I just wrote about it in the post above.

Edited by Willie T

Yes.  And it is not done at places they never frequent.  Nor is it done by shaking our finger at them, telling them everything negative we can think of to say.  Even Paul opened his conversation at Athens with compliments on the heathen's high level of religion..... and even continued by using their own poets and philosophers to make a point.

You mischaracterize and misrepresent what fellow believers are doing here. No one is “shaking their finger” at anyone or calling them “everything negative they can think of to say.”

It is truly sad that you so completely dismiss Biblical discernment.

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, Paul did.  I just wrote about it.

No Godly person every praised false prophets. That is false.

27 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Oh I am sorry.  Were you lifting him up, and I mistook the demon doctrine stuff that was really "encouragement?"  And, how can you expect anyone to converse with you when you write only to tell them they are hellbound?

I think you need to go have a careful read of just what Jesus said about the religious leaders who were leading the people astray during His earthly ministry. Was He wrong to speak to them and about them the way He did?

5 minutes ago, Acadia said:

No Godly person every praised false prophets. That is false.

Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious...…"  I'm pretty sure those people were not teaching anything about the God of another race.

Edited by Willie T

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious...…"  I'm pretty sure those people were not teaching anything about the God of another race.

He was stating a fact. They were “very religious”. How is that Paul giving them praise?

Also, most of the people Paul was speaking to were “everyday people.” They were not “prophets” or “apostles” leading thousands astray.

Sorry, that scripture does not support your claim.

I have told you that you will never change anyone by slamming them.  Yet, you all seem to want to continue to keep on doing that...... almost proud that they don't want to hear you running them down.  I am beginning to think it really might be your secret hope that they will bust Hell wide open.  "Serves them right for not listening to our Holy ranting!!!"

• Oy Vey! 1