• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

But the way you are trying to see or grasp truth ,  is only making it harder for you to grasp it .  You are way overcomplicating and over thinking things .

Ease thy mind ,   ease ,   slow the engine down a bit .  ON this road you are going to way overcomplicate what is so simple and should have been so simple TO KNOW in CHRIST . 

What's kind of funny is that I feel that I am the one that is keeping it simple. ?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

What's kind of funny is that I feel that I am the one that is keeping it simple. ?

Okay . 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

You actually are.

15 hours ago, Willie T said:

You actually are.

Hey, I'm halfway through the third of 8 50+ minute sermons. So far this guy is making a lot of sense in ways that are actually straightforward once you connect the dots.

I'm at the part where his saying the Harlot in revelation is what "the Harlot" is in all of the bible: Israel.

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Hey, I'm halfway through the third of 8 50+ minute sermons. So far this guy is making a lot of sense in ways that are actually straightforward once you connect the dots.

I'm at the part where his saying the Harlot in revelation is what "the Harlot" is in all of the bible: Israel.

Yeah, that's anti-Semitism that is inherent in the lie of Preterism.  Preterism will make a Jew-hater out of just about anyone.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, that's anti-Semitism that is inherent in the lie of Preterism.  Preterism will make a Jew-hater out of just about anyone.

I can see where one would get that out of it. But there is plenty of scripture to prevent me, at least, from going there. I do admit that as I listened I actually said to myself, "Man, someone could use this, if that was their goal, as an argument for anti-semitism. 

But the bible says this about that in Romans 11:

28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. 29 For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Hey, I listened farther into the sermons and he ended up addressing this in the sixth one. He was making the claim that the jewish leadership was in league with Nero in killing Christians, but made a strong effort to point out that this was not "the jews" that were persecuting Christians. Rather, it was the same Jewish leadership that had Rome crucify Christ.

Also, I get the feeling he is a preterist of a sort, but still anticipates the return of Christ as most other Christians do. He also skewered literalists. He has the same attitude toward them as I do toward atheists. That is, he's heard a lot of people that claim to be, but he's never actually met one. Nobody believes the obvious symbolism in the bible is literal. That makes them, like everyone, just picking and choosing what they believe is literal and what isn't.

Edited by Still Alive

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

Hey, I listened farther into the sermons and he ended up addressing this in the sixth one. He was making the claim that the jewish leadership was in league with Nero in killing Christians, but made a strong effort to point out that this was not "the jews" that were persecuting Christians. Rather, it was the same Jewish leadership that had Rome crucify Christ.

That may be true, but that doesn't qualify Nero as the Antichrist, as they claim.  Preterism really hinges on the date of Revelation; that is the lynch pin for them.  If Revelation was indeed written post 70 AD, their entire prophetic infrastructure collapses.

The evidence for Revelation being written in 95 AD is far stronger than any evidence Preterists can provide since most of their evidence is rooted in allegorizing the Bible in addition to history revisionism.  

Also, I get the feeling he is a preterist of a sort, but still anticipates the return of Christ as most other Christians do.

He is a partial preterist.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The evidence for Revelation being written in 95 AD is far stronger than any evidence Preterists can provide since most of their evidence is rooted in allegorizing the Bible in addition to history revisionism.  

He makes the case that the opposite is true. That is, that there is only one source for the information used to say it was written in 96, and people are even confused regarding what he was really saying.

I just did a quick search and this seems to discuss it in more detail: http://ecclesia.org/truth/revelation.html

And here is the other side:

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1552-when-was-the-book-of-revelation-written

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That may be true, but that doesn't qualify Nero as the Antichrist, as they claim.  Preterism really hinges on the date of Revelation; that is the lynch pin for them.  If Revelation was indeed written post 70 AD, their entire prophetic infrastructure collapses.

He is a partial preterist.

As I have said, without reading the book, you actually haven't the slightest idea what he wrote, and what "proofs", both pro and con, he presented.  It is actually one of the most comprehensive compilations of the views of both sides I had yet read.

Edited by Willie T