• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, RRep said:

what does gospel mean? anyway

Gosple means good news .  and the good news is JESUS came to set the captives free FROM sin , not to feel free IN SIN .

The good news HE paid the price of our sins ,  and came to set the captives free .     I know not many have been in bondage to men or in prison

But the being made free,   THAT means FROM SIN .   let paul sum it up . BEING THEN made FREE FROM SIN , you became servants TO RIGHTEONESS.

ITS just good news all around . That all who believe in Him are saved .  TRULY he came to set the captives free and paid the price for us .

That we who now believe in HIM , are saved and as he told those who once believed in Him.   IF you CONTINUE in me , the TRUTH shall make you free.

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, Cletus said:

Repentance being to drop it (sin) like a hot potato, turn 180 degrees away and walk away, do not return and do not pick it back up.

Cletus ,  you remember where it says He will send the comforter .    Those who believe in Him .     YES The spirit is in our heart .  Teaching us to DENY ungodliness

and wordly lusts .   OH yes for the GRACE of GOD WHICH BRINGS salvation , TEACHES US to DENY ungodliness and wordly lusts AND to be walking soberly RIGHTEOUSLY and godly in this present world as we await Our LORDS coming .     I think a real good question is , WHO IS TRULY UNDER the grace of GOD that brings salvation and

who only believes a wrong version of grace which teaches us ,  ALLL IS WELL ,  and makes JESUS a minister of sin .    ONE IS grace , the other is death .

And if we want to know who is under grace ,    the tree is known by its fruit .   Many in these last days are under a grace  , a version of CHRIST

which sets no captives free,   it makes at best JESUS a minister of sin and lawlessness and allows folks to FEEL FREE while still in bondage .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

no one ever said free will is being perfect, at least i didnt.  free will is the ability to choose God and life, or sin and death.  God gives us this choice... there were two trees in the garden that are named.  Adam and eve had the choice, and they chose to disobey Gods command. 

this is what i understand, and know:

lets say someone is stealing.  and they "change their mind"  or repent.  will they continue stealing, which they now consider wrong?  no.  they will change that behavior and stop stealing.   they will stop their sin, sin being an archers term for missing the mark.  The mark being Loving God, and our neighbor.  Jesus never told anyone to change their mind, He said go and sin no more.   You cant live in sin, or carry on living in sin forever.  If you are truly seeking God, at some point He will reveal to you things that He does not approve of... and its expected of you to stop doing it.  If you keep on doing that sin, your prayers will be hindered, you will not have peace anymore, and you will not have Gods blessings in your life as the curse of the sin has then taken over.  You reap what you sow.  Sin kills, and you are either killing sin or sin is killing you. 

if all you do is change your mind but keep on sinning you are not a doer of the word... but a hearer only. 

JESUS said it first .    He who hears and does my sayings .   built they house on the STONE called CHRIST , but he who hears and does not ,  SINKING sand .

JAMES confirmed it .    Be not hearers only , DECEIVING YOUR OWN SELVES .    Oh their are many more scrips .  But if folks dance around truth ,   WHY keep on arguing .  We just do our part . we exhort , encourage, warn and rebuke ,  have mercy and gravity .     You just throw those hands up and praise the LORD , Cletus .  JUST PRAISE THE LORD .  GOD KNOWS who loves HIM . AND if a man loves GOD he will love THE SON and if a man loves the SON , he keeps HIS SAYINGS .   now how simple is that .  FOR those who are CHRISTS ,  have the HOLY SPIRIT

and HE is at work within doing that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .  only let us obey HIS SPIRIT .   And lets all remember this ,  SIN is not well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .

So , if we say we love God , but we walking in darkness,   then who is really deceived .  JOHN said their is NO TRUTH in such a person , in fact he says they are a liar .

SO if we make JESUS into a lets pander to mens doctrines and ways .    OH dear ,   I must say , I do not want to be in those shoes ON JUDGEMNT DAY . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, appy said:

The word “gospel” in the new testament literally means “good news” or “good message”. There is peace with God and forgiveness available to all who will except it. The gospel (good news) announced by Jesus is that there is peace with God and forgiveness available to all who will except it. That Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. The peace with God means to be reconciled back to God. A restoration of our relationship with God.

The first four books in the bible; Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are called the gospel books because the focus is on the message of Jesus. Those books are the testimony that God has provided a way of salvation for all through his son. Jesus died on the cross in our place as the perfect sacrifice, and he overcame death and rose up from the dead. This is “good news” for us because of what Jesus has done for us on the cross is a gift to us from God. All that is required of us to receive this gospel is to believe what God has said about the way to him. It is that simple. Just simply believe the gospel (the good news that has been shared about Christ to each one of us). God chose belief as the way to him. We can't come to him any other way.

Are you trying to say this?

1Co 15:1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,1Co 15:2by which also you are saved, if you hold fast [fn]the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.1Co 15:3For I delivered to you [fn]as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,1Co 15:4and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

On 7/30/2018 at 9:13 PM, Cletus said:

Hebrews 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins 

If someone does not repent, when they feel their toenails start to curl up from the heat of hell fire it will be to late to... "change your mind"

edit: and by repent, i mean turn from sin.

repent= change my mind and Believe the Good new. The holy spirit convicts us of our Sin. no one can turn from sin on their own power. If we could, then we would have something to brag about in heaven. eph 2 8-9 

Eph 2:8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [fn]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; Eph 2:9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

dude! and you think your a Christian go back to the drawing board

On 7/30/2018 at 7:08 PM, Willie T said:

We are still "saved"... this is just the way God wants us living.

how well is that going for you?

On 7/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, John_Leung said:

You receive this free gift by repenting your past sins and accepting Jesus as your Savior, then live by faith and trust in Him always.

Eph 2:8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [fn]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; Eph 2:9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

.I can brag about how I stopped sinning. how my hard work of conditioning myself to stop. I thought belief comes first then we receive the Comforter and He does the work in us so we can not boast.  

I see a lot of street preachers screaming repent of you Sin!!! turn from your sin!!! People cannot we are natural born sinners. We need to believe in Jesus First than a transformation occurs. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

3 minutes ago, RRep said:

.I can brag about how I stopped sinning. how my hard work of conditioning myself to stop. I thought belief comes first then we receive the Comforter and He does the work in us so we can not boast.  

I see a lot of street preachers screaming repent of you Sin!!! turn from your sin!!! People cannot we are natural born sinners. We need to believe in Jesus First than a transformation occurs. 

You are mostly right. We weren't born sinners because God wouldn't have created us as so, but we learn how to sin as we grow and sins accumulate over time. Nothing we could've done to save ourselves form God's judgment and punishment except through the grace of God, hence the Bible verses you posted.

Baby baptism happened when people misunderstood that we were born without sin.  To assure babies go to heaven should they die young, people invented baby baptism.  But sin is committed against our conscience with our knowledge, not inherited or born with it.  That's why babies or stillborn are assured to go to heaven if they died early.  

I can boast about how God through the Holy Spirit help me to overcome sins, but self control alone without God's help can only take us so far.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, RRep said:

repent= change my mind and Believe the Good new. The holy spirit convicts us of our Sin. no one can turn from sin on their own power. If we could, then we would have something to brag about in heaven. eph 2 8-9 

dude! and you think your a Christian go back to the drawing board

RRep

That's not a nice way to treat a brother.  The drawing board is this;

1 John 4:21   And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Romans 12:10   Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

10 minutes ago, Sister said:

RRep

That's not a nice way to treat a brother.  The drawing board is this;

1 John 4:21   And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Romans 12:10   Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

I am sorry