Sign in to follow this  
Alan Hales

Tongues.

Paul also said

1 Cor 14:19

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
KJV

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Wade8888 said:

I don't know of six operations, but I will list some operations I know of .

1) Prayer language. It is to help you pray the will of God. I pray in tongues all the time.

2) Worship. I sing in tongues, especially when I don't know the words to the praise and worship song being led in.

3) With interpretation, which is a different type of tongue, it is equal to prophecy, as per Paul's teaching in Corinthians.

I used Google Translate on my tongues one time, and it was saying "Praise God, Praise God" in a combination of Greek and Hawaiian.

This is as it should be, as it is one or more natural languages being supernaturally imparted to me by the Holy Spirit.

Lately, my prayer language has changed to a different dialect which has more total syllables in it.

I have "interpreted" tongues one time before, and I don't recommend lightly doing it. I am still "Trying the Spirits" on that 14 years after the fact, because it was a quote from the Bible which was implying a Judgement from God, with a promise to true believers. Several large natural disasters have happened in this area in that time period since then.

Again, I don't recommend lightly seeking tongues and interpretation. If God gives it to you, be blessed with it, and if he doesn't give it to you, be blessed without it.

We are supposed to ask God For the Holy Ghost, Lk 11: 11--13, It's not the case of waiting for God to give the Holy Ghost and tongues, It's the case of people receiving the already given gifts.

In all five Biblical accounts of people being baptised in the Holy Ghost, They all spoke in tongues, Making tongues the Biblical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost. The problem is, People go by there own experiences and lack of knowledge or lack of faith, Instead of knowing what the Bible says, believing it, and receiving God's gift.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this