• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

http://www.lwbc.co.uk/666.htm

I really like this and I share with you... then shoot your opinions :24:

666, What Does it Mean?

"Here is wisdom, Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

(Revelation 13:18)

The Bible teaches that the antichrist will gain total economic and religious control of the entire world. All people will worship him and receive a mark on their hands or upon their foreheads in order to buy or sell. Those who refuse to take the mark will be hunted down and eliminated.

The number 666 is seen as an evil number. This is no doubt because of its appearance in occult films and upon the bodies of certain rock musicians. The number almost puts terror in the hearts and minds of some believers.

In this study we are going to discuss the facts surrounding the "the mark of the beast" but avoiding speculation. It is important to free ourselves from the myths that have grown up around this issue and to concentrate on what the Bible actually says. What we will present is no new revelation, we will simply accept only what the Bible actually says. Great care and attention must be taken when trying to understand or interpret prophecy (including this one). The key to all Biblical prophecy is: Interpret prophecy as literal unless it is obviously symbolic, but understand that there must be a literal meaning behind the symbolism. If we do not do this we will fall into the same trap as the cults and some Christian groups. For instance, the Seventh-day Adventists believe that the mark of the beast is actually worshipping God on Sunday. I don

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Very interesting! I think I'll print this off so I can study it better!

Guest SentForth5

well...here goes...666 is wisdom. it is the Lord spelling out to you the sixth seal the sixth trumpet and the sixth vial or bowl of God's wrath that will be poured upon the world at that time. in revelation the sixth seal: trump and vial are all attributed to satan. satan arrives DEFACTO on earth at this time...now this occurs BEFORE Christ returns (at the seventh), so He said.".here is the PATIENCE rev.14v12 and wisdom of the saints. The "mark" of the beast was set forth in genesis when God placed a mark on Cain..and to this day anyone who works,builds, thinks or helps satan in any way (whether they mean to or are simply deceived) are bearers of the mark INSIDE thier foreheads..what is inside one's forehead? Our thinkink process...our brains...if our brains are thinking about satan and devising ways to help satan(anti-christ) accomplish his evil plans then what you got there is the mark of the beast IN your forehead. if you do work to help anti-christ (satan) then you got yourself the mark of the beast in your hand. Remember the angels in the parable of the tares? they are instructed to gather the wheat into Father's barn, but the tares are to be bound and burned?same angels are actively doing this in rev ch14 with a sharp sickle(one does not reap GRAPES with a sickle!). And who is this anti-christ?? the king james was translated from the greek septuagint and in the greek TONGUE anti means INSTEAD OF. satan intends to fool as many people(especially christians) as he can into thinking that he is Christ INSTEAD OF the real Christ Jesus who shall appear at the seventh or the LAST trump. don't be fooled by unlearned men!! satan has many names and holds several offices..uhh let's see..abbaddon and appollyon rev. ch9...great dragon, that old serpent(of Genesis),the devil and satan in rev.ch12 death and devil in hebrews ch 2 uhh..man of sin and the son of perdition in 2thess.ch2umm..in isaiahch 14 he is called the king of babylon and lucifer..in daniel he is the abomination of the desolator ch11..lessee...OH! check out ezekiel 28 God calls him the prince of tyrus and then calls him a MAN! the king of tyrus is no more than a man..did not the book of revelation say the number of the beast was the number of a MAN??well...i am not a good typer so that'll do for now...God bless you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, "Caesar Nero" adds up to 666 in both Hebrew and Greek! Maybe the very earliest Christians were onto something that we have overlooked ever since....?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Like I've been saying for a long time we should be looking for someone/something who demands for each of us to worship him/her. The rest will be simple......... worship him/her/it, take the mark of alegience, or die and go to heaven to be with the Lord for eternity....... should be a no brainer decision for a believer..... a true believer anyway.

Sam

Guest SentForth5

come on ,now...we are only to worship our Father God..the book of Esther has His proper name written 5 different times YHVH (yah-heh-veh)..it means I Am That I Am..only He through His Only Begotten Son Christ Jesus are we to worship. All things are very concrete in God's written word and through diligent study I think you will find at least two witnesses for everything written if not more..an OLD strong's concordance will help you a BUNCH..oh, and ONLY study from a king james..the rest of the english translations are very poor if not outright evilly twisted! I Love You All

• 1 month later...
Guest Moshe Hanok

Shalom Elekah,

the 666 as we come to understand it has more to it than just numbers. In the Greek, John wrote in he used three letters grouped together that numerically become 666 but the three letters paint an interesting picture of the Beast. κξς this is how it is spelled in Greek

κ- Is the first letter used to spell the title Messiah/Christ

ξ- looks like a dragon

ς- looks like a snake or serpent

A few of my scholar friends believe the three letters show how this snake of a man (last letter) will be possed by the dragon/ Satan (The letter in the middle showing a dragon inside) and how he proclaims himself to be the Messiah or Christ (the first letter)

thought you might find it interesting,

Moshe Hanok- Martos Theos