turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

[Based on Hebrews 9:27, John 4:14, 1 Peter 1:24, Romans 8:11, 1 Corinthians 15:26, 51-55, Revelation 7:17]

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

HUGE Petra fan here. Have every studio album they put out.

Grave Robber has a very significant place in my heart. My mom passed away from cancer in 2008, and this song serves a reminder that I will see her once more when I enter the Kingdom. (I actually prefer this version of Grave Robber to the original.)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, Kinison said:

HUGE Petra fan here. Have every studio album they put out.

Grave Robber has a very significant place in my heart. My mom passed away from cancer in 2008, and this song serves a reminder that I will see her once more when I enter the Kingdom. (I actually prefer this version of Grave Robber to the original.)

@Kinison Thank you so much for sharing your special story about your mom with me. I lost my dad to cancer in 2010. My mom just passed on Feb 27th of this year. You're so right about the comfort we find in knowing our separation from our loved ones is only temporary.

Though I am still in mourning, this post from you today was truly an unexpected blessing. It is like the Lord is lovingly reminding me that she is with Him and I'll be joining her sooner than I think.

Wow-every studio album Petra put out! That is so cool! I own the majority of them in various formats (vinyl, cassette and CD.) Oh-and a Petra videotape :) (wake up collection from 1993.) I also saw them in concert... I thank God for the many years they were together and all the lives they touched, including mine.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

Before the internet, back in 1994, I bought their 1974 self titled debut. During that time, I was only familiar with the Volz/Schlitt eras, so you can imagine my shock when I heard THIS gem: