• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.14
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

What bothers me more, is the fact that so many Christians accept it and don't realize they're actually choosing to believe in another religion, and science is a religion to many scientists and God forbid anyone messes with their beliefs. Most do not want the truth, especially academics.

I’m sorry you’ve had that experience. I’ve known about two dozen academics that love Jesus Christ and accept the science of evolution. They recognize the ultimate truth of Jesus and also accept what He has made evident in His creation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,676
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Sorry ... I dozed off for a minute there.  With God, all things are possible.  You need to do a bit more studying on what the 2nd law of thermodynamics means.  It neither supports nor denies the Theory of Evolution.  I personally am not a believer in evolution under any of its iterations.  However, the fact of an Old Earth is foolish to ignore.  I am and continue to be an Old Earth Creationist, aka OEC.

what I said is fact about the law …  You need to critique the post more :) 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

I’m sorry you’ve had that experience. I’ve known about two dozen academics that love Jesus Christ and accept the science of evolution. They recognize the ultimate truth of Jesus and also accept what He has made evident in His creation.

One.Opinion, your friends are deceiving themselves. If you believe in God and Jesus, then you believe He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow forever. No option for change and certainly none for evolution. Hebrews 11: 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. Creation and all that exists comes from God's will, and no where else. God is immutable, so when He willed matter and energy and all the structures they combine to form, organic and inorganic, that matter and energy is the same today as it was when He created it. There simply is no option for it to evolve.

He does not change, nor does what He willed into existence. God decided before the beginning all that we have experienced, experience now, or ever will experience. Where is the evolution in that? (In case you were going to bring this up in response, no, this does not eliminate free will at all. When you know someone well enough to know what they will decide to do in a given situation, you are not denying them their free will. You simply know in advance how they will use that free will. God knows each of us better than we know ourselves, so He knew even before we were born all our choices and willed existence to conform to those choices accordingly and  to best serve His purpose and plan.  He is after all Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent)

There cannot be a Biblical bad argument for evolution therefore, because evolution is not even a Biblical possibility. 

Yes, I know when a person believes in science and believes in God it can be a conflict. Look at how many unbelievers are in science just to chose that conflict. But the bottom line is that in every case, God's word trumps all other considerations. At best, for those open minded enough to realize all that God has created is His, and leads back to Him. Science can do that; it can lead back to God, but not as long as it strains to seek any new explanation that eliminates God. Science needs to get "real".

Cheers One.Opinion!!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Creation and all that exists comes from God's will, and no where else.

I absolutely agree! I just see evolution as a tool that God used, not an explanation unto itself.

3 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

There simply is no option for it to evolve.

If you were to say “There simply is no prion for it to evolve on its own”, I would agree with this, too!

6 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Look at how many unbelievers are in science just to chose that conflict.

How many people do you know have a PhD in biology? Of those, how many chose to study biology as a way to refute the existence of God? It sounds like you are assigning motives to people you don’t know, but I could be wrong.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

You and these academics are assigning Evolution to God even though it is completely incompatible with what the Bible says took place.  The exact wording of the Bible makes evolution impossible to accept (unless the Bible is not your final authority on truth).   

Evolution is antithetical to an all-knowing, all-powerful God who doesn't create imperfection. 

37 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Evolution is antithetical to an all-knowing, all-powerful God who doesn't create imperfection.

Maybe a question for a different thread, but why didn’t God to inspire a word for “perfect” instead of “very good”?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

I absolutely agree! I just see evolution as a tool that God used, not an explanation unto itself.

If you were to say “There simply is no prion for it to evolve on its own”, I would agree with this, too!

How many people do you know have a PhD in biology? Of those, how many chose to study biology as a way to refute the existence of God? It sounds like you are assigning motives to people you don’t know, but I could be wrong.

I understand your point. I thought that for a long time myself, but can you find one scripture that supports this? No, but there are plenty to refute it.

No, sorry, but I wouldn't say that. I would say what I already said! :)

Great point! I worded that very poorly. What I meant was how many unbelievers in science depend on science to confirm their unbelief. 

Now that addressed, have you considered that you are actually trying to justify evolution within creation? Round peg, square hole. Based on God's word, it just doesn't fit. Actually, if biology ever discovers the science of quantum physics, it to will realize that, scientifically, evolution is non existent. Ultimately science will be forced to admit that existence is by intelligent design. There is no way to avoid it, no matter how many theories science devises.

Cheers!!! :)

Edited by RockyMidnight
  • Thanks 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, one.opinion said:

Maybe a question for a different thread, but why didn’t God to inspire a word for “perfect” instead of “very good”?

"Very good" (Heb. tov meod) is synonymous with perfect in that it is an emphatic phrase in Hebrew AND God doesn't have a sliding scale for "good."  "Good" for God is perfection, which is why God doesn't judge us on the basis of "goodness" but on the standard of imputed righteousness.   If we had to be good enough, no one could be saved. 

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

"Very good" (Heb. tov meod) is synonymous with perfect in that it is an emphatic phrase in Hebrew AND God doesn't have a sliding scale for "good."  "Good" for God is perfection, which is why God doesn't judge us on the basis of "goodness" but on the standard of imputed righteousness.   If we had to be good enough, no one could be saved. 

That really didn’t answer my question. Why not use a word for “perfect” if that is what He meant? What reason would He have to use a different word if it was indeed perfect?

19 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Ultimately science will be forced to admit that existence is by intelligent design.

I admit that already. Are you sure you are understanding what I am saying?

• Thumbs Up 1