• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

We cant just go pick out a good verse of Scripture and call it the Gospel.Paul was specific about it.For good reason.It is the only Gospel that save is this Age of Grace.It is what God will judge us by when we stand before Him.It is hidden from those that perish .Add to it and you are in grave jeopardy of being damned by God .It is very specific and very unique.It is found in 1cor15:1-4. Having a change of mind where you abandon your pride and admit you are a sinner who needs a Savior and believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus is what a true repentance looks like.” Repent of your sins to be saved” is nowhere to be found in the KJV.We simply BELIEVE the true Gospel to be saved.......daily repentance comes from the Holy Spirit, given to the Believer in the Good News after he is saved.This same Holy Spirit will use Grace, chastisement and repentance to mold you into the Image of Christ—- an internal change that will transform you from the inside out.You can’t transform yourself. You can change the outside of the cup but not the inside.That is God’s task. Your job is to trust.That is faith. “ The righteous shall LIVE by FAITH”.Faith plus nothing. God bless.

You obviously haven't read the Biblical TRUTHS that I gave. Let me show you again. Jesus said, "REPENTANCE and remission of sins", Lk 24: 47.

Peter said, "REPENT for the remission of Sins", Acts 2: 38. Jesus and Peter were talking about preaching the gospel to Unbelievers, NOT to Believers. Once we are saved, we do have to repent if we sin.

My Bible tells me that we are  being conformed to the image of Jesus, Rom 8:  29. and the Holy Spirit is changing us into the same image of Jesus, from glory to glory, 2 Cor 3: 17--17. it doesn't say anything about having to be chastised to be moulded into the image of Christ. God will correct us if we need it, so we can be changed.

I don't know what religion you are,  But you have some strange beliefs about the gospel and salvation. So Please tell me what religion you are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I am a Jesus Man......completely devoid of religion.....I still see no KJV scripture that says we repent of sins to be saved.Both examples you gave refer to a change of mind about who Jesus is.Acknowledging Him as the Savior that you need is what saves. “ Repentance towards God ( turning to Him) with faith in Jesus”is the repentance that saves.If you have the pride that says you are going to make it to Heaven “ your way” and then have a change of mind (repentance) that admits you are a lost sinner who needs a Savior and will do it God’s way- believing Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead- you will be saved.A changing of the mind to abandon unbelief in the Gospel to believing the Gospel ALONE can save you is the only repentance that God is interested in for salvation.Anybody who thinks they can quit sinning is delusional.God is looking for faith—- not works.Especially works that are impossible to fulfill.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953