• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1968

How does one know if you have met the one from God cause , I attend college and I have never had a boyfriend just casual dates. i met a guy their who approached me first and went out of his way for me to notice him. I did ask God to send the right person into my life now this guy may not be the one who i am suppose to marry. but i am curious cause when i met him it just happened which i never really expect to met someone in college. this guy is what i have been looking for in a guy and he does not laugh or walk away because i'm shy or that i go to church. i really liked the way he approach me by just talking about school and work, life. which i know by asking me out would be easy but instead we both got to know each other.

he is not here this semester he was in the military and may had to go back in the service and it was like having a friend someone to talk with and i enjoyed his company which i do miss him. he did ask me questions like if i have a boyfriend or am i married and if children and marriage in my future after college. he has not finished school and i do beleive he will be back but that is really left up to God. and i have turn and drawn closer to God since meeting this guy and develop more patience i like this guy for his personality not looks, money or clothes. i just do not know what God wants me to do about Nelson. if i should let him go or forget about him. cause my heart desires to get married and have children one day and i know that i am in college and that i 'm busy with that but i do want to met someone to where i can start a relationship with start out as friends and see where God leads it . so please pray for me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

How does one know if you have met the one from God cause , I attend college and I have never had a boyfriend just casual dates. i met a guy their who approached me first and went out of his way for me to notice him. I did ask God to send the right person into my life now this guy may not be the one who i am suppose to marry. but i am curious cause when i met him it just happened which i never really expect to met someone in college. this guy is what i have been looking for in a guy and he does not laugh or walk away because i'm shy or that i go to church. i really liked the way he approach me by just talking about school and work, life. which i know by asking me out would be easy but instead we both got to know each other.

he is not here this semester he was in the military and may had to go back in the service and it was like having a friend someone to talk with and i enjoyed his company which i do miss him. he did ask me questions like if i have a boyfriend or am i married and if children and marriage in my future after college. he has not finished school and i do beleive he will be back but that is really left up to God. and i have turn and drawn closer to God since meeting this guy and develop more patience i like this guy for his personality not looks, money or clothes. i just do not know what God wants me to do about Nelson. if i should let him go or forget about him. cause my heart desires to get married and have children one day and i know that i am in college and that i 'm busy with that but i do want to met someone to where i can start a relationship with start out as friends and see where God leads it . so please pray for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This young man seems to have a lot of strong points, but I didnt see any mention of where he is with the Lord. Is he a born-again Christian? If he is, then this is a starting place. Please beware, it is not enough for him to say he is a Christian. In my youth, I believed what I was told without testing it... and have paid a high price for this mistake ... (42 years with an unpleasant unbeliever). The bible says 'test every spirit whether it is of God'. How does one test , though? Does he willingly go to church with you? Does he go to church even on occasions when you are unable to attend (you are away from home, not feeling well, have a family committment, etc. ) ... does he go without you? Is he interested in reading and studying the Bible with you? Do you pray together? Does he initiate prayer? Are most of his close associates Christian? Is he comfortable with your circle of Christian friends? If you cannot honestly answer yes to these questions, then you may be assured that this is not the man God has planned for you. Trust that He has a wonderful plan for your life that will include the one He wants to see you with.

Guest Falling

I think these are some absolutely awesome resources with scripture references for this situation. Best of all its all free.

http://www.rbc.org/ds/family.html

It is really easy to let emotion, situation, and physical attraction confuse you about whether someone is the one. These booklets give some cool tips.

Just me you have to be friends first. Is he a Christian? What is he praying for?

Good luck remember let God guide you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

It's not much good if he's christian and he bores you

Do you have anything in common?

Can he talk with you about spiritual things?

Can he discuss the bible with you?

Can he make you laugh?

These things are important as well :UsA_smilie:

thanks for the advice yes i do want to know more about him which i beleive that he will come back since he has not finished school cause he is not the type who quits going. the fall 04 semester was the last time i saw him the guy i like hasa friend who works their and never notice me during the fall semester but in the spring 05 his friend notice me by looking and saying hello maybe when i go back i will get the courage to ask where he is. yes if i ever see this guy again i want to ask if he is a christian and where he stand with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think if it is "the one" from God, time will tell. Just don't get in a hurry.

The major question I would ask is do you really really like him. Love, lust, friends or whatever don't matter for a long term relationship. what matters is "do you really really like each other.

If you do then spend the time to become good friends, because married people have to be good friends or they won't be able to live with each other for the rest of their lives. But first they have to like each other to become good friends.

The love part grows as the years go by, and what you though was love when you were first together (5 years at least) isn't really the kind of love that people together for 30 - 40 - or 50 years experience.

If he is the one from the Lord, it'll work out.

yes i do not want to get in a hurry, yes i do like him and i want ti take things slow start off as friends and see where God leads it.. i will keep praying about it and thank you and God bless.

I think if it is "the one" from God, time will tell.  Just don't get in a hurry.

The major question I would ask is do you really really like him.  Love, lust, friends or whatever don't matter for a long term relationship.  what matters is "do you really really like each other.

If you do then spend the time to become good friends, because married people have to be good friends or they won't be able to live with each other for the rest of their lives.  But first they have to like each other to become good friends.

The love part grows as the years go by, and what you though was love when you were first together (5 years at least) isn't really the kind of love that people together for 30 - 40 - or 50 years experience.

If he is the one from the Lord, it'll work out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>