IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

6 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 

A healthy dose of fear and reverence is needed here with the OP. 

Are you the HEAD of the BODY? Are you DEITY? 

Keep skipping my questions. How can God give us His glory???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, IserveIam said:

Psalm 8:4-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit[a]him?
For You have made him a little lower than [b]the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
All sheep and oxen—
Even the beasts of the field,
The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea
That pass through the paths of the seas.

5For He did not subject to angels the world to come, concerning which we are speaking.

Hebrews 4: 6But one has testified somewhere, saying,
            “WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM?
            OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?

7“YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS;
            YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR,
            AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;

8YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET.”
            For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.

The author of Hebrews quoted David and then went on to say we do not YET, see all thinhs subjected us. Yet means something to take place in the future.

I am focused on His salavation but the writer of Hebrews said to move on from the elementary principles and get to the meat of the Word. I honor Christ, I am in awe of Him, I gaze at the sky and wonder at His creation power, He is Lord over my entire life. By honoring Christ, I believe His Word. He said out of His own mouth that He will grant us to sit on His throne and I accept that with all humility. I'm not going to cast aside the Word of Christ because tradition of man says we need to grovel in the dirt. Hebrews said that Jesus HAS PERFECTED those who are being sanctified. God sees us are we are now, In Christ, just as he saw Abram as a father of a multitude of nations and thus changed his name decades before he became a father.

Hmm.....you didn't respond to the rest of my post.  Do you agree/disagree......and hope you agree that we should look at the whole counsel of God on a matter in order to understand it aright...?

Psalm 8 is a kind of blended messianic prophecy.....having "dominion" over the earth and the beasts will be and is being restored to man IN CHRIST, but not apart from Him in our own right.  We have to be in subjection to Christ.  Remember the Bride of Christ in union with her Bridegroom is in SUBMISSION to His Lordship...which marriage is a picture of.   (And even Jesus will hand the kingdom back to the Father in the end.....even Jesus does all this for the Father and HIS glory, not for himself.)

I'm not arguing against ruling and reigning with Him....just discussing and making a point that we need to apprehend it in a right way......and hope you will please let us know your thoughts on those who come in His name saying they are Christs, and on the Is. 43 passage saying no more Gods are going to be formed.....since these are important issues in relation to what you are bringing here.  Thanks.

• Praise God! 1

6 minutes ago, IserveIam said:

Keep skipping my questions. How can God give us His glory???

Are you the HEAD of the Body of Christ? Are YOU deity? Answer my question and that should shut down this entitlement thinking of yours. 

48 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

OH MY! .I have never ever heard anyone yet until now speak out such entitlement! We are NOT  EQUAL to Christ or the Father or the Holy Spirit.The truine LORD is deity WE WORSHIP. We are slaves to Christ ie Eph 6:6. We are servants ie 1 Corinth 7:22. We were given the gift of salvation not an entitled place on the HOLY  THRONE  of GOD.  

Amen!   We will never be God, but rather He will always be OUR God.  So IF that is what is being brought with this thread.....it needs some important tweeking.

Rev 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

• Praise God! 1

10 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Hmm.....you didn't respond to the rest of my post.  Do you agree/disagree......and hope you agree that we should look at the whole counsel of God on a matter in order to understand it aright...?

Psalm 8 is a kind of blended messianic prophecy.....having "dominion" over the earth and the beasts will be and is being restored to man IN CHRIST, but not apart from Him in our own right.  We have to be in subjection to Christ.  Remember the Bride of Christ in union with her Bridegroom is in SUBMISSION to His Lordship...which marriage is a picture of.   (And even Jesus will hand the kingdom back to the Father in the end.....even Jesus does all this for the Father and HIS glory, not for himself.)

I'm not arguing against ruling and reigning with Him....just discussing and making a point that we need to apprehend it in a right way......and hope you will please let us know your thoughts on those who come in His name saying they are Christs, and on the Is. 43 passage saying no more Gods are going to be formed.....since these are important issues in relation to what you are bringing here.  Thanks.

I wholeheartedly agree that the entire Counsel of God should be examined before coming to any conclusions. I have been wrestling with this topics for years .

I am of the understanding that the verse pertaining to many coming in His name is a bad mistranslation. Remember in the context Jesus is talking to His disciples. No crowds, no unbelievers. He is saying, and I could be wrong but this is how I view that passage, that many people will come in very subtly in the name of Christ (compare Matthew 7:22 I believe) claiming that Jesus is the Messiah but will decieve many. Wolves in sheeps clothing. 

God said there are no other gods but Him yet He is three. I'm not saying that we are going to become gods, I'm saying that because our identity is so utterly wrapped up in Christ that He has no choice but to see us as such. Everyone keeps saying just stay focused on Jesus yet to refute my argument they draw back to self when I am focused on Christ. Paul said it best about how much so out identity is linked to the Christ. He said I'm crucified with Christ, yet I live, but it's not me living, its Christ in me that lives. 

God has put treasure in these earthly vessels, He has put Himself. Why do you think it says we are the Temple of God where God chooses to dwell?

19 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Are you the HEAD of the Body of Christ? Are YOU deity? Answer my question and that should shut down this entitlement thinking of yours. 

what does me not being the head have to do with anything? The Father is the head of Jesus. Does that diminish His position? His authority? No it doesn't. My boss is over me yet we're still two human beings on an equal level. Jesus lowered Himself to raise us up to Himself in Himself. Now i answered your question....answer mine because I'm coming to you straight from the Word and you're avoiding it. Jesus prayed the Father and asked Him to give us His glory, the glory of God. How can that be when the LORD said in the Old Testament that he will give His glory to no one? You don't find a contradiction there?

54 minutes ago, IserveIam said:

My entitlement comes from the Word. John said Jesus have us the right to become children of God. As His son, I am entitled to everything my Father has. That's what the Word says.

Agreed. Jesus said, "All that I have is yours."

These are very deceptive days though my friend, we want to be  sure we are apprehending things properly.  And you are right we need the whole counsel of God on all things, and let His word (all of it) guide how we should take the idea of ruling and reigning with Christ and sitting with Him on His throne.

Since Jesus said in the last days many would come in His name saying they are Christs and we are not to follow them..........then let that be a kind of boundary to our thinking, that we not stray over that line in our mind.  This is not to attack you, it's for your good because that is a deception that Jesus said will arise in the last days .....and neither am I saying that you're getting this wrong.....I just don't know for sure,  and wanted to put out those cautions just in case.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen!   We will never be God, but rather He will always be OUR God.  So IF that is what is being brought with this thread.....it needs some important tweeking.

Rev 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Jesus said the Father was His God yet in Hebrews we find where the Father said to the Son "Your throne, O God, is forever. Don't you see the Son glorifies the Father and the Father glorifies the Son? Jesus prayed and asked the Father to glorify us just as He glorifies the Son so that we may all BE ONE IN ONE.

1 minute ago, IserveIam said:

I wholeheartedly agree that the entire Counsel of God should be examined before coming to any conclusions. I have been wrestling with this topics for years .

I am of the understanding that the verse pertaining to many coming in His name is a bad mistranslation. Remember in the context Jesus is talking to His disciples. No crowds, no unbelievers. He is saying, and I could be wrong but this is how I view that passage, that many people will come in very subtly in the name of Christ (compare Matthew 7:22 I believe) claiming that Jesus is the Messiah but will decieve many. Wolves in sheeps clothing. 

God said there are no other gods but Him yet He is three. I'm not saying that we are going to become gods, I'm saying that because our identity is so utterly wrapped up in Christ that He has no choice but to see us as such. Everyone keeps saying just stay focused on Jesus yet to refute my argument they draw back to self when I am focused on Christ. Paul said it best about how much so out identity is linked to the Christ. He said I'm crucified with Christ, yet I live, but it's not me living, its Christ in me that lives. 

God has put treasure in these earthly vessels, He has put Himself. Why do you think it says we are the Temple of God where God chooses to dwell?

what does me not being the head have to do with anything? The Father is the head of Jesus. Does that diminish His position? His authority? No it doesn't. My boss is over me yet we're still two human beings on an equal level. Jesus lowered Himself to raise us up to Himself in Himself. Now i answered your question....answer mine because I'm coming to you straight from the Word and you're avoiding it. Jesus prayed the Father and asked Him to give us His glory, the glory of God. How can that be when the LORD said in the Old Testament that he will give His glory to no one? You don't find a contradiction there?

NO. You are coming straight from your INTERPRETATION of Gods word. There appears to be a vast difference in what God is telling us and what you are understanding. You must worship in spirit and truth and not from YOUR FLESH. The reason I mentioned that God is the HEAD is because it was YOU that was speaking of all the parts of the body of Christ. Which btw Jesus is God. They are both of the truine LORD along with the HOLY SPIRIT. Different personage same DIVINE equal power, glory and substance! 

Are YOU DEITY? 

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Agreed. Jesus said, "All that I have is yours."

These are very deceptive days though my friend, we want to be  sure we are apprehending things properly.  And you are right we need the whole counsel of God on all things, and let His word (all of it) guide how we should take the idea of ruling and reigning with Christ and sitting with Him on His throne.

Since Jesus said in the last days many would come in His name saying they are Christs and we are not to follow them..........then let that be a kind of boundary to our thinking, that we not stray over that line in our mind.  This is not to attack you, it's for your good because that is a deception that Jesus said will arise in the last days .....and neither am I saying that you're getting this wrong.....I just don't know for sure,  and wanted to put out those cautions just in case.

Thank you. I would rather someone consider it before casting aside. This is five plus years of studying this one thing with many witnesses from Scripture, early reputable church fathers, etc. This is not a pride thing. I wouldn't care if i was a drop of dung in heaven as long as I could be with Christ, but the Word doesn't say we're a drop of dung. It says we are Christ body. It takes body to make a person. Please please please dont take it wrong, but a body can't survive without a head and a head can't survive without a body. Every thing is one. Yes Christ can survive without a body, I'm not implying that, but He is also so vastly intelligent that He wouldn't have made Himself a head without a body, His body-us.

Just now, 1sheep said:

NO. You are coming straight from your INTERPRETATION of Gods word. There appears to be a vast difference in what God is telling us and what you are understanding. You must worship in spirit and truth and not from YOUR FLESH. The reason I mentioned that God is the HEAD is because it was YOU that was speaking of all the parts of the body of Christ. Which btw Jesus is God. They are both of the truine LORD along with the HOLY SPIRIT. Different personage same DIVINE equal power, glory and substance! 

Are YOU DEITY? 

yet you still can't answer my question of how God will share His glory with us when He said He would give His glory to no man. How about instead og antagonizing me, you answer the question laid before you because its from Scripture. Not the apocrypha, sacred texts etc.....This is the problem within the Church and why I broke away from systemic religion because I can't even get a straight answer from my pastor. Everyone wants to follow traditions instead of reading and studying the Word for themselves.

So are you going ti answer my question?