IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Okay, I am not sure what you mean by this sister.....all authority on heaven and earth has already been given to Jesus:

Mat 28:18-20

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I think this passage even shows how we will rule and reign with Him, operating in HIS authority/rulership....for example where Jesus said to His disciples that He has given them authority to tread on snakes and scorpions.  The point I was hoping we could bring to this thread is that sitting on His throne and ruling and reigning with Christ, does not mean that we will rule and reign in our own right and usurp His throne/authority, no indeed. We will rule and reign in union WITH Him and in complete submission to Him.

Anyway, no worries, I understand you are travelling Marilyn.  We can always come back to this later if you like, Lord willing.  Blessing to you in Christ.

Hi Heleadethme,

Thank you very much for being so gracious. Also I appreciate that we are not rushing but working through what we mean, and that takes time as we are in a different time zone. I`ll post in two parts as my comments are quite long.

Now you said you were not sure what I meant by - `Then......the Lord WILL OPERATE in that authority given of the Father.`

You rightly say - `...all authority on heaven and earth has already been given to Jesus: ` and that He is has given His disciples authority....`I think this passage even shows how we will rule and reign with Him, operating in HIS authority/rulership....for example where Jesus said to His disciples that He has given them authority to tread on snakes and scorpions.`

Good point. So let`s look a bit closer.

Christ`s Priestly Authority.

Now we know that the Lord is at the right hand of the Father interceding (as the high priest)for the believers.

`We have such a high priest, who is seated at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens,...` (Heb. 8: 1)

This is the authority we have as priests of the Lord to `go into all the world and share the good news, cast out demons, heal the sick, etc.` as the Head of the Body directs. It is a priestly authority.

Christ`s Kingly Authority.

One day soon, the Lord will begin to operate in His kingly authority and rule in the midst of His enemies.

`The Lord (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus)”Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.”  (Ps. 110: 1)

This is where the Lord is now, interceding for the believers, His Body and waiting for His enemies to come to His `footstool.`  When His enemies are bought to His footstool, then the Lord Jesus Christ will rule as King over them.

`The Lord (Father) shall send the rod of your strength out of Zion. “Rule in the midst of your enemies!”` (Ps. 110: 2)

The Lord Jesus will rule putting down all rule and authority and power.

`He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.` (1 Cor. 15: 24 & 25)

To sum up we read that the Lord Jesus Christ is operating as High Priest to His Body, bringing them to maturity in Him. They operate in that priestly role - to man and to God. Then in the Father`s timing Jesus will operate in His Kingly office.  And this is represented by the symbol `His throne,` meaning His authority, (under the Father.)

Thus we realise that the Lord Jesus Christ`s High Priestly office is highlighted at the moment, however soon His Kingly office will come into full effect as He brings the nations under His feet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Then you said -

`The point I was hoping we could bring to this thread is that sitting on His throne and ruling and reigning with Christ, does not mean that we will rule and reign in our own right and usurp His throne/authority, no indeed. We will rule and reign in union WITH Him and in complete submission to Him. `

You correctly say that we will rule and reign with Christ....

` To Him who overcomes, I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, (authority) as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne, (authority).` (Rev. 3: 21)

...in complete submission to Him -

...` the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever and CAST THEIR CROWNS BEFORE THE THRONE,...` (Rev. 4: 10)

The 24 elders, (representative of the Body of Christ - Rev. 5: 9) cast their crowns - authority they have received by obeying the Holy Spirit in certain areas. (5 types of crowns/authority in God`s word.) This shows us that we, the Body of Christ will be forever humbly obedient to the Head of the Body, our Lord.

regards, Marilyn.