Neighbor Won't Speak To Me Now

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

I have an elderly man for  a  neighbor who was forever knocking on me door needing stuff. Mostly it was to use my cell phone because his had run out of minutes and he needed to call his brother to give him a ride to the store.  One other time it was 7:00 in the morning and he has locked himself out of his house and needed to call someone for help. I always let him use my phone because it seem like the right thing to do and I have unlimited calling so it wasn't an issue. Anyway, a few weeks ago he knocked on my door and wanted me to fill out my name and personal info on a paper saying that I am witnessing his changing over his life insurance policy to someone else.  Having had so many weird things happen to me over the years, I did not feel comfortable giving out my person info and stating that I witness something that I really did not witness. I told him I am sorry but I  do not feel comfortable with giving out my info.  He took the paper and left. He is now mad at me and won't speak to me.  I feel kind of bad about it but also a bit annoyed. I mean I tired to help him out whenever he knocked on my door, then he wants me to do something I don't feel can do so he gets mad and stops speaking to me.  (sigh) Oh well I guess. He will just have to stay mad.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I have an elderly man for  a  neighbor who was forever knocking on me door needing stuff. Mostly it was to use my cell phone because his had run out of minutes and he needed to call his brother to give him a ride to the store.  One other time it was 7:00 in the morning and he has locked himself out of his house and needed to call someone for help. I always let him use my phone because it seem like the right thing to do and I have unlimited calling so it wasn't an issue. Anyway, a few weeks ago he knocked on my door and wanted me to fill out my name and personal info on a paper saying that I am witnessing his changing over his life insurance policy to someone else.  Having had so many weird things happen to me over the years, I did not feel comfortable giving out my person info and stating that I witness something that I really did not witness. I told him I am sorry but I  do not feel comfortable with giving out my info.  He took the paper and left. He is now mad at me and won't speak to me.  I feel kind of bad about it but also a bit annoyed. I mean I tired to help him out whenever he knocked on my door, then he wants me to do something I don't feel can do so he gets mad and stops speaking to me.  (sigh) Oh well I guess. He will just have to stay mad.  

You can't let unreasonable people get you down. This is on him, not you.

It is literally that simple. He can go to a notary for a couple bucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Yowm said:

@Neighbor might be interested in this thread LOL.

No No not that Neighbor. LOL Well he might not be speaking to me now either I don't know. :24:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,845
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Danger danger Will Robinson!

Seems to me  you got a break when you rejected his next step up  in the process of breaking down your protective barriers. You are describing a tactic con  artists use to set up their marks, by slowly escalating  the need for "help" establishing the opportunity to take advantage of you to your detriment.

Praise God he is feinting being mad, that gives you time to think through your next step for when he comes back. He will be back.

Personally I would not lend my phone to anyone! For no one cares about protecting my info on it except me. They might pass on the phone and or the information on it to anyone to use, or they might gather information from it themselves.

Nor would I let anyone use my phone even in my presence.  Once they have it how do I make an emergency call  if I need help including help to get rid of them? 

When you let the smart phone out of your sight and he has access he as access to your contacts email addresses, history  of calls,  pictures, whatever you have on that phone, including passwords, bank account access info, credit card info., etc.

If he walked away from you with your phone and it is a smart phone you might want to get new credit cards change bank passwords as you may have left open access into your world.

Danger danger.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

If he walked away from you with your phone and it is a smart phone you might want to get new credit cards change bank passwords as you may have left open access into your world.

Oh no none of that happen. I stood right there with the phone. That and I do not have any bank info on my phone or credit card info. Come to think of it at the time this happen I didn't even own a smart phone. I had one of them little black berry things. Couldn't even get internet on it.  So I am not very concern. :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 2