• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Everyone .    this new way of evangelizing , witnessing ,     it was an agenda .    This is what I don't think folks realize .

And they keep doing the same things , while expecting a different result .

They did this with seeker friendly too .    And by now I would hope most would see, THAT did not work .

You cant be unequally yoked , and think you can LOVE them to JESUS , yet wont correct , wont focus on the dire need of Christ .  THAT aint love

its a recipe for disaster , as leaven quickly rises and not only are they not coming to Christ , the churches keep falling away further into inquity and acceptance OF that inquity .

Folks it aint working .   It was an agenda , the devil sleeps not .   He knew to destroy the church to do it from WITHIN .   So in went men who feigned themselves as just men

and deceived everything .   And worse folks love to have it so .    When the churches sold the pattern of Christ and the apostels ,   that was and is their downfall .

IT has got so bad now , that when the true ones show up to correct ,  these see them as men of darkness and see the false as men of light .

ITS all backwards now .   And my soul is terrified for many .  

These agents of satan , knew what they were doing .   And the most dangerous deceiver is not a wolf who appears as a wolf .

ITS a wolf that appears as a christain and deceives the heck out of all who sit under it .

34 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Don't you feel that only choosing to have believers as friends sends the message to unbelivers that they are not worthy of your friendship? 

the key word in that was FEEEEL.

SO here lets use it in a good sense .  Don't you FEEL that paul was wise and WHO paul quoated from  was all knowing

BE YE NOT unequally yoked together with unbelievers .   THIS FRIENDSHIP mindset ,  IS the new concept THEY brought in .    THEY DID THIS badjao.

Men who had an agenda .     The simply way to both deceive and destroy a church comes not from outside attack .

for persecution may kill the body , but the gospel just spreads like fire .   NO  , the way to deceive and destroy a church ,  IF FROM WITHIN the church .

We are kind to all,    But are not FRIENDS with unbelievers .    we are friendly , but NOT friends .  Their version of friendship well,ISof the world , and that is why you hear them say , just be friends , that new type of evangelism strategy I keep warning out against .  

Its better to repent of it now than to continue in this mindset .   When are people going to see this seeker friendly approach Destroyed the churches and caused

Acceptance of sin , rather than repentance from sin .    IT don't work badjoa.      This is why clever men strategized this .

With words like these .   And concepts like these .    

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

THE POPE uses this strategy .   and what a deceiver he is .  brian McLaren ,  and what a deceiver he is .

rob bell , and what a deceiver he is .    and many others NOW do and deceivers they are .   And realize not , this was AN AGENDA .

it destroy the church from within.   first by placing the concept that downplays the dire need of the bible ,  second by planting ideas

contrary to Christ , to the bible .    Change the pattern of WHAT JESUS said or the apostels ,  and that church is good as sunk and then

remold the churches more and more into an inclusive mindset .     ITS what they DID and what they do .

30 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Don't you feel that only choosing to have believers as friends sends the message to unbelivers that they are not worthy of your friendship? 

Well lets see what paul and barnabas had to say concerning that word worthy .

Since you count youserlves unworthy of everlasting life ,  LO we turn to the gentiles .    I don't think they were too concerned about friendship with the world ,

and way more concerned about winning souls and obeying GOD .      Now lets flee these new types , new ways , new thoughts about witnessing and evangelism .

For we ought rather to obey GOD and not men . 

Guest shiloh357
35 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Here is what I have been able to find in scripture on this subject. 

I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;  I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, (1 Corinthians 5:9-10)

Associating with others and being their friends are not the same thing.  I associate with unbelievers all of the time, but that doesn't make them my friends.  No one is saying that we are to shun the world, but at the same time, there is nothing in the Bible that says are to bring them into our circle of friends, either.

I have also shown earlier in the thread that Paul had unbelievers as friends. 

And when Paul wanted to go into the assembly, the disciples would not let him. Also some of the Asiarchs who were friends of his sent to him and repeatedly urged him not to venture into the theater. (Acts 19:30-31)

yes and you have tried to mix contexts to make it appear that "friends" is being used the same way both times simply looking at definitions.  Furthermore, if you are trying to make a doctrine, this is a pretty poor verse to use.   This is not teaching that we should be friends with unbelievers.  This is talking about aristocrats who were favorably dispositioned toward Paul.  It does not make the case that they were "friends" in the sense that YOU are trying apply that term. 

I see no problem with being friends with unbelievers, because I can't find any Biblical support not to and I feel it is an important part of our personal witness to the dying world. 

You don't have any examples from Jesus of being friends with unbelievers, nor any of the apostles.   You are trying to impose something on the text that is simply not there.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

Not at all.   You are approaching this from an emotional perspective due to a lack of scriptural support.    I never said anything about mistreating or shunning or treating unbelievers like outcasts or as unworthy  or anything.   I simply don't have any of them in my circle of friends and that is wisdom.  My friends are those with whom I share a common fellowship with Lord, who are, in some cases, older and wiser and from whom I can glean godly advice and counsel.  I don't go to the world for advice.   I seek the Lord and the godly counsel of those who I know have godly discernment.   

I don't form relationships with unbelievers because there are some very uncomfortable things that the Bible has to say about them and it is my duty to communicate those truths.   It is far more difficult to broach those issues, when you are emotionally invested in a relationship with someone who is unbeliever because at some point, the truth will offend them.   Telling someone they are on their way to Hell is pretty much the kiss of death to a friendship.  Informing them that the Bible says that they are enmity with God, that they are separated from God because of their sin and need to repent and turn to Christ, is much, much easier if there is no relational investment that needs to be protected.  

I know all kinds of people looking for ways to communicate the Gospel so that it won't turn people off, but the nature of the Gospel, the reason that it is so offensive (when it is presented correctly) is that it strikes at the heart of human pride.

And that is especially true of unbelievers who are very moral, upright, decent people.   I know unbelievers who at least go to church on Easter.  Many people are strutting their way straight into Hell, not because they are prostitutes, or thieves or adulterers, but because they never were.   How many good people, who play  by the rules, who love their families, pay their taxes and bills, are pillars of the community who think they deserve heaven on those grounds?   How many unbelievers sit in churches and think they are believers because their pastors don't actually preach on the need to be born again?   There are unbelievers out there who think they are Christians for reasons that have nothing to do with Jesus.  They think they are Christians because they were sprinkled as a infant, or because they were raised in church or have taken the sacraments, or because they live a good life.    

Liberal pastors that don't confront people about their sin, and the fact that they are on the way to Hell and need to repent and be born again, have many who are going to hell under their ministry.   

Instead of worrying about being their friend, we need to be about sharing the truth.   Being my friend has no salvational value whatsoever.  What they need isn't friends, but Jesus.   What I offer them is FAR, FAR better than my friendship.   

And how much would I  have to hate someone know there is a Hell and not tell them?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, LadyKay said:

I thought this might make for an interesting post. I hear this phrase a lot. Love the sinner hate the sin. But do we really do that? Would you go out to lunch with someone who's lifestyle you didn't agree with?  Would you invite your Muslim neighbor over for a cake and coffee. Or in my case it would tea cause I don't drink coffee.  Sometimes I think we as Christians have an "us and them" way of looking at the world. Like somehow we are better then they are. We get all offended and we just don't like certain kinds of people. I visit the political forums on this site and I have seen what many of us think about Liberals. I myself don't think being a Liberal is a sin but clearly some of you do. So if you think being a Liberal is a sin, would you befriend a Liberal?  Invite them over for a cook out? So what do you all think? Do you really love sinners? 

If I may...

God hates the sinner AND the sin.

The un-atoned sin, that is.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Badjao33 said:

Do you have and examples where they weren't?

Bible simply doesn't mention it.  

It's hard to imaging that Jesus and the apostles didn't have at least a few unbelieving friends in their lifetimes. Especially Paul since he spent most of his time associating with and living among pagans. Since the Bible uses the word friends to describe some of the Asiarchs who were associates of Paul in the same exact way it is used throughout the New Testament, then I don't see a reason to discredit that. Why would you change the definition of the word friends in that one verse and leave it the same in the rest of the New Testament? 

I am not changing the definition. I am noticing that words are used differently in different contexts and usage is more important than definition. I look at context and words are used differently in different contexts.   Asiarchs were not Paul's "friends" in the sense that you are trying impose on the texts.  You cannot seriously demonstrate from that text that this refers to some kind of buddy-style friendship.  It is a purely surface, nominal friendship like those with whom we have a friendly acquaintance, but are not strictly friends.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We are kind to all,    But are not FRIENDS with unbelievers

I think much of this way of thinking may fall into  what is called "Legalism". Sometimes one can not help who they click with. Then without knowing, a friendship starts to grow.  I think God has gifted each of us with different interest in order to reach like minded people for him.   Well that is what I think. I am sure most of you are going to disagree as you always do.  So carry on. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

For we ought rather to obey GOD and not men . 

Yes in deed. Then if God is directing me to befriend someone then I should do so. Even though many here are telling me not to do so.  That is how I live my life and my faith.  Through the direction of the Holy Spirit.  The same go  if God should direct me to cut off a friendship with someone. Then I should do so as well.  I really do not think that we should stand in judgment of our fellow brothers and sister in Christ, based on whom they are friends with. For we never know if the Spirit may have moved them into that direction.