• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, naominash said:

I tried to love sinners a little too much.

I didn't have good judgement in how much time I spent with non-believers.  I thought I could be around them without them negatively influencing me. Sharing with them the love of Christ and the gospel is one thing. But allowing them to influence you so that you compromise your faith? That's being unequally yoked.

For me, I try to adopt a "witness-but-don't-dilly-dally" strategy now. I get my primary fellowship with other active believers now. We are, after all, called to be separate from darkness. 

When I read the Bible, I see that Jesus had short and meaningful interactions with sinners, and displayed kindness and compassion toward them. But the people he really spent his time with were his disciples. Those that flat-out rejected him, he left to their own devices. 

I use this as a guide now, because when I tried to get all these non-believers to understand and like me, and I let their attitudes influence me, both my faith and my witness suffer. 

That being said, I feel a lot more comfortable reaching out to neighbors and friends with this mindset. It's almost like the church and the fellowship are my "base/headquarters" and each week I'm being sent out to share the gospel. But the non-believers can never be my headquarters. 

You always seem to have the best replies. ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

Could you first define 'Liberal'?

Did you already see the approach .    Sounds way different than pauls .     Who said be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers .  what communion has light with darkness.

The liberal side got this new form of evanglising down to an art .   and if you don't comply ,  You the hater or seen as one anyway.

But I wont defend the conservative side either , cause they been going down this road as well .

But not us yowm .   we wont be falling for this ruse .       And that is the kindest word I will say about it .  A RUSE .   

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

What does it matter? 

Because if any one who claims to be a brother or a sister , yet openly embraces sin ,  WE DO NOT keep company  with .    But liberals seem to think they wiser than paul.

SO do many conservatives too .     

18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Did you already see the approach .    Sounds way different than pauls .     Who said be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers .  what communion has light with darkness.

Would this apply to going out for coffee? I......don't see that has being unequally yoked.  

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Would this apply to going out for coffee? I......don't see that has being unequally yoked.  

IF any believer who is in a sin ,    not to even eat with such a one .   as I said ,   I stick with pauls ways , not the highway of new evangelism .

Cause no one seems to be paying attention.    all that stuff most folks have learned in todays churches ,

It aint working out , its only causing a massive falling away .  

But here is some advice .    IF anyone takes is persuaded to go have coffee with one ,  PREACH JESUS and Him crucified

And do it every time you sip coffee with them.    Correct as well.    TWO things will happen, either they will repent ,  or they WONT be asking ya back to coffee.

FACTS are FACTS .     but if we sipping coffee and being as the world ,   NO WONDER they going to keep being friends .

Todays version of love the sinners ,  AINT LOVING THEM.   its leaves them in sin and error  , ITS all about Being unified but under the wrong spirit .

Facts and facts .    

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF any believer who is in a sin ,    not to even eat with such a one .   as I said ,   I stick with pauls ways , not the highway of new evangelism .

Well this post was mostly about unsaved people. Not people who are already saved but doing things they shouldn't be doing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Badjao33 said:

But look what he says about that before that verse. 

I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.  (1 Corinthians 5:9-11)

We have to associate with the immoral people with this world, but if a believer partakes in the ways of the world, that's another story. We need to avoid associating with them and not even eat with them because it reflects badly on the entire Body of Christ and damages our personal witness if we associate with people who claim to be believers and they are still practicing immorality. 

That is why I said ,  WHEN we associate ,  ITS JESUS we preach to them .   KEEP doing that , and In no time flat something happens .  Either they repent and accept Christ ,

Or from personal experience, THEY don't want anything to do with you .   its one of the two .

KEEP preaching JESUS , keep telling them the dire need of a savoir and do it every single time you see them .   And watch what happens ,  MIGHT actually win some

But either way they will either accept , OR Quickly start dodging you .   the new way of evangelizing aint even worthy to be called a joke , its too deadly to both those who do it

and it saves none .

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Well this post was mostly about unsaved people. Not people who are already saved but doing things they shouldn't be doing.  

Well,  then count it joy that I reminded you of what we do with those who CLAIM to believe , yet aint walking the walk .   we do not even eat with them.

Remember that the next time some so called christain who supports ABORTION wants to sip coffee.   TELL THEM NO , YOU NEED TO REPENT of that murderous mind and fast .

Guest shiloh357

There is a difference between "associating" with unbelievers and having them as friends.  I don't take unbelievers as friends, but neither do I shut them out.  We can reach them without being their "friends."  Believers' friends should only be those who are genuinely saved.

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well,  then count it joy that I reminded you of what we do with those who CLAIM to believe , yet aint walking the walk .   we do not even eat with them.

Remember that the next time some so called christain who supports ABORTION wants to sip coffee.   TELL THEM NO , YOU NEED TO REPENT of that murderous mind and fast .

I have a feeling me and you won't be going out for coffee anytime soon. :24:     (joking) 

• Thumbs Up 1