IGNORED

Do You Really Love The Sinner Hate The Sin

LadyKay

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Archangel Thyos said:

You're supposed to attempt to make disciples... only to realize its impossible.

It's not impossible at all. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Archangel Thyos said:

Well if your idea of a disciple is someone who doesn't hear Jesus' voice and attends a building filled with rock and roll music, then I disagree with you.

No, that is not my idea.  But you're wrong to say that making disciples is impossible.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Badjao33 said:

I have went through the book of Acts and found where Paul was persecuted.

The Persecution of Paul always involved the Jewish religious leaders, Pharasies and the Sadducees.

I never said the Jews didn't persecute Paul, but Paul was opposed and persecuted by Gentiles, as well.   This is the 2nd time I have had repeat that point.

What we do find in Acts, is that Paul had unbelievers as friends. 

And when Paul wanted to go into the assembly, the disciples would not let him. Also some of the Asiarchs who were friends of his sent to him and repeatedly urged him not to venture into the theater. (Acts 19:30-31)

But you are interpreting "friends" to mean what WE mean and not what it meant to them.  They were not "friends" in the sense of companions that spend time together.  These were people in high social circles.  They had charge over the theater and were favorably disposed to Paul did not to seem him come to danger, but they are not "friends"  in the sense that you are trying to present in this thread.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Archangel Thyos said:

He hung out with Judas, unless you want to exclude the rest of the disciples from the category of "Sinner"

No, Jesus did not "hang out" with Judas.  Jesus close inner circle of friends was made up of Peter, James and John.  They were the disciples closest to Jesus.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

That simply makes the point I made earlier.  Jesus was accessible to sinners and He did not dissociate Himself from them.   But that doesn't mean he "hung out" with them.  It doesn't mean that He was "friends" with them.

I'm not going to argue with you on the definition of "Hanging out."

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Archangel Thyos said:

I'm not going to argue with you on the definition of "Hanging out."

I know what the term means and it doesn't fit your description of Jesus.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

It would be helpful if you could bring some scripture into this debate so it would be easier to see where you are coming from. In the cases where gentiles were involved, they were always influenced by the Jewish leaders who intentionally stirred up the crowds. 

Are you sure? It looks like the word "friend" is being used in the same context and with the same intent in other parts of the New Testament including when Jesus used the term. 

friends.jpg.8885ceed9cdf4ea2a1c1cfe9d040ae5a.jpg

FINISH IT .    FINISH that LINE .   you are my friends IF YOU DO whatsoever I command you .     YEAH .   Lets finish that shall we . 

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

It would be helpful if you could bring some scripture into this debate so it would be easier to see where you are coming from. In the cases where gentiles were involved, they were always influenced by the Jewish leaders who intentionally stirred up the crowds. 

I can see that you are hell bent on promoting anti-Semitism and I am not going to give you an audience for that. I have made my point and I dont' have to explain it to you any further.

Are you sure? It looks like the word "friend" is being used in the same context and with the same intent in other parts of the New Testament including when Jesus used the term. 

No, it doesn't look like that.  Two different contexts and two different usages. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I can see that you are hell bent on promoting anti-Semitism and I am not going to give you an audience for that. I have made my point and I dont' have to explain it to you any further.

No, it doesn't look like that.  Two different contexts and two different usages. 

Shiloh.   I don't know how well you now badjao .   but remember this man did all to defend the muslim religion .    Then when given the first shot on another post

HE attacked like a pit bull, THE FUNADMENAL christain .    SOMETHING is not RIGHT at all .     I mean at all.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Shiloh.   I don't know how well you now badjao .   but remember this man did all to defend the muslim religion .    Then when given the first shot on another post

HE attacked like a pit bull, THE FUNADMENAL christain .    SOMETHING is not RIGHT at all .     I mean at all.  

My word. How on earth did a fight break out on a thread with the word "Love" in it's title?

• Haha 1