other one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Where in the Bible does it say we can't worship Him in Big buildings.

And where does it say not to worship Him with Electric Guitars.

The kids nowadays don't like the old organs, and a bunch of people who can't sing on key.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen, bruh. :thumbsup: The Body of Christ isn't all one big toe...we're all endowed with different gifts to reach a lost world.

Paul tells us he became a Greek to reach the Greeks and a Jew to reach the Jews ...he became all things to all men that the gospel might be preached.

Whether it's a guitar or a banjo, an organ or a violin... we obey the call of God as He uses us as vessels to reach those who are lost.

Thanks for that. Great post! :emot-highfive:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

If we christians went out with the zeal that Muslims or even JW's go out with then I believe Jesus would have come back by now. They do the work but don't have the message. We have the message but don't do the work(as much)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Praise God.

Muslim come into our group's bragging that islam is the fastest growing religion, as if might makes right! I always answer that Jesus said broad is the way and broad is the gate that leads to destruction :emot-highfive: 

However, we have been aware of the Chinese church for a few years now. The African church is calling Europeans to repentance. The Church in China is sending out a 100,000 missionaries under the back to the Jerusalem program. They are trained in various languages they encounter, and how to with stand torture as they travel through the "western" lands (all lands between china and Jerusalem are west) speaking the language of the lands on their way to Jerusalem evangelizing.

What is exciting about this is that they are what seems to be a grassroot movement of ordinary, or in my opinion extraordinary Christians.

God is to be Praised

Amen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is the road to Jerusalem that is moving through the USA. Is this also a movement that is like the one in China. WOW.... think about it,.... the massive movement throughout the four corners of the world towards Jerusalem. Just thinking about it .... awesome..... God is moving outside the box (churches and their doctrines) to bring people to Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is the road to Jerusalem that is moving through the USA.  Is this also a movement that is like the one in China.  WOW.... think about it,.... the massive movement throughout the four corners of the world towards Jerusalem.  Just thinking about it .... awesome..... God is moving outside the box (churches and their doctrines) to bring people to Him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do believe that this is the Last movement Or call for people to get out of their little boxes and see the light.Think about it Vis.. God is calling people out of the churches and synagouges... together and all at once. Jew and Gentile one in Yeshua. Blessings to you sis. Ahavah Edited by Ahavah

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Ok my mistake, sorry

I glanced at the article again and realized it wasnt about islam :blink:

:blink:

So try to not look at the other text and judge me. Pleeeaase.

It is awesome the third world countrys are accepting Jesus.

But, I  still don't understand why you think miracles are dorment here in America.

They are not you just have to be where Jesus is moving. And if you can't do that, then do it yourself. Jesus gave us all different gifts to use.

Gerioke

Where in the Bible does it say we can't worship Him in Big buildings.

And where does it say not to worship Him with Electric Guitars.

The kids nowadays don't like the old organs, and a bunch of people who can't sing on key.

They will by no means ever listen to it, let alone join a church like that.

The entire world has changed since the 50's

We are to go out and preach the Gospel to where?

(All the World). The message is still the same. The tools we use are a little different.

God has never changed, and yet He is Everchanging.

Look at it this way there ears are deaf to the old ways.

So throw it in an amplifier so they can Hear that God Loves them.

Sanctyfieds Home page.

Click on this link. Goto to the second page. then goto the CD site.

You can hear The Band I'm in Called Sanctyfied. at least 2 minutes of each song.

This is what God has called me to do. And the results of seeing people get saved is amazing.

It is my Ministry.

I wouldn't be doing all this if God wasn't incharge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your misinterpretation of the article led me to repond to your post in a matter that is now irrelevant. I was comparing big buildings with what you said about the caves. I play electric guitar, bass guitar and banjo :blink:

Hey, that's okay brother, You rock and roll your way to heaven. I'll get there without it.

Twent to thirty thousand people in China alone are coming to Christ and risking life and limd in uderground houses to get to know Jesus, with no music.

If the same amount. per capita, in Nth America, were to do the same or any other western country for that matter, there would'nt be enough christian facilities to contain them and train them. There is nothing wrong with good old gospel songs and what if someone sings a bit off key Man put drums and guitars in church not God. God sent His son on a donkey to preach the gospel not rock and rollers driving a SUV.

cheers,

e.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Worship music doesn't have to be polished to be annointed. I've seen many a worship leader sing with the grace of Edith Bunker but still arouse the holy spirit. It's a matter of heart, not talent. Eric, you probably would have hated King David with his tambourines and spaztic dancing :blink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's true. :blink: But...

While leaving a movie theater last night, my wife and I encountered about a dozen young people evengelizing for their church. The young man who approached us, enthusiastically told us about their revival meeting where they would have all kinds of music: rock, reggae, hip-hop, and other stuff.

I have no quarrel with this music, in particular. Nothing wrong with it, mostly a matter of taste, methinks. But there comes a point where the meeting becomes a concert and ceases to be a worship service. We don't plan to attend this meeting, so I really can't say if this one crossed that line. Still, they promoted the event with slick, glossy brochures and "name" talent (supoosedly famous Christian bands, but what do I know? :blink: ), and it seems they had the wrong emphasis.

I do agree that more churches could accommodate the youngsters and offer a "friendlier" worship service. And if Grandma and Grandpa care anything about the next generation, should be glad to go along with it.

But if you put the kids in charge, they should make room for Gram and Gramps as well. That jazzy new electronic keyboard can be made to sound like a pipe organ, just as easily as a synthesizer. A little "Amazing Grace" and "How Great Thou Art" goes along way.

I believe music is to be played spontaneously when it comes to worship. He likes a new song. I've played Amazing grace in a lot of different styles from traditional hym to fuzzed out electric guitar. I've even played it in bars and that song never fails to grab the attention of the listener, no matter what style you play it. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I love that song so of course I'm going to put my heart and soul into it. That's what it's about. Heart and soul.

Musical prejudice has no place in church as long as it's all for God :24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I grew up in a church with NO instrumental music.............so I'm kinda confused on this issue. I've seen and heard bands playing Christian music and you can see and feel the joy and the love of the Lord. But in church???? I just don't know.

I think the church should go with whatever works. Like I said. It's a mattr of the heart and God appreciates that :24:

IWhen I attended the church of Christ they didn't have instruments and I liked it because I was used to instruments. It was good to see that it didn't have to be a certain way. If a person goes for a walk and wants to worship while he walks, I don't think God would say "hey get an organ". And if a bunch of long haired kids are worshipping with all their hearts I don't think God would say" hey turn it down" .

He's looking at their hearts. :o