• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, iamlamad said:

No, I came up with that one on my own. Perhaps there were Gentiles attending. I was not there.

I will take Jesus word over yours. Sorry. I am in the office of a teacher. GOD put me there. It is my calling.  I think you say what you say because I frequently disagree with your theories.

Well at least you owned up to your mistake. Part of my calling and ministry is summed up in the following phrase: Can the teacher be taught. This is to all the self proclaimed teachers out there who have gotten caught up in their pride and position, The LORD is coming back soon, and the teachers and preachers will be held to a higher account than the rest of the people. The time of lording over the flock is over, and the time to point people to the LORD has come. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

22 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I Don't doubt the number is increasing, But in relation to percentage of the population it is decreasing, less people are born again today by percentage than ever before.

I don't think that is true now: birth rates are decreasing in the world.

29 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

apostasia 

ἀποστασία apostasía, ap-os-tas-ee'-ah; feminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly, the state) ("apostasy"):—falling away, forsake.

apostasion

ἀποστάσιον apostásion, ap-os-tas'-ee-on; neuter of a (presumed) adjective from a derivative of G868; properly, something separative, i.e. (specially) divorce:—(writing of) divorcement.

As You can see I have done my homework, I Do not see anything on catching up in either of those definitions. 

You did not go far enough! You have to separate the compound words:

Sorry, I was mistaken: Strong's also includes Thayers. This is from his:

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

apo

1) of separation

1a) of local separation, after verbs of motion from a place, i.e. of departing, of fleeing, ...

1b) of separation of a part from the whole

1b1) where of a whole some part is taken

1c) of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed

1d) of a state of separation, that is of distance

1d1) physical, of distance of place

1d2) temporal, of distance of time

Edited by iamlamad

Just now, iamlamad said:

I don't think that is true now: birth rates are decreasing in the world.

That is a negative. Population is exploding especially in India, china Africa, we are at 7+billion

Just now, iamlamad said:

You did not go far enough!

You went too far. You see you can use strong's to get scripture to say exactly the opposite of what scripture plainly says. I Know one person who re translated scripture using strong's and it sounds like the Luciferian Bible.

4 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

That is a negative. Population is exploding especially in India, china Africa, we are at 7+billion

Perhaps neither of us are right:

As of 2010, there were 2.2 billion Christians around the world, or about one-in-three (31%) people worldwide. This makes Christianity the world's largest religion. The world’s Christian population is expected to grow to 2.9 billion in 2050. Nearly one-in-three people worldwide (31%) are expected to be Christian at mid-century, the same share as in 2010.

Just now, iamlamad said:

As of 2010, there were 2.2 billion Christians around the world, or about one-in-three (31%) people worldwide. This makes Christianity the world's largest religion. The world’s Christian population is expected to grow to 2.9 billion in 2050. Nearly one-in-three people worldwide (31%) are expected to be Christian at mid-century, the same share as in 2010.

Now how many of those are truly Born again, not just Christian in name only? I Guarantee you the number is decreasing for the doctrine of repentance is no longer being preached in a majority of those churches. Many of your mainstream churches today teach that repentance is Work, But it is part and parcel to the New Birth. Repentance is the fruit of being born again.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

So what do you think is the real meaning of the assemblies?

Assemblies of Ekklesia((EK)set apart by Yahuweh for Himself, out from the world/society) ,  much much different than what is referred to as "church" in this forum and in most Churches.h

Very common errors: teachings/thoughts for centuries that the Church is referred to ....  at all in the Apocalypse...

5 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Now how many of those are truly Born again, not just Christian in name only? I Guarantee you the number is decreasing for the doctrine of repentance is no longer being preached in a majority of those churches. Many of your mainstream churches today teach that repentance is Work, But it is part and parcel to the New Birth. Repentance is the fruit of being born again.

Short search excerpt:

Leonard Ravenhill - Grace Gems!
https://www.gracegems.org/30/leonard_ravenhill_quotes.htm
Leonard Ravenhill (1907 – 1994). I went to a church not ... I doubt if 5% of professing Christians in America are born again! ~ ~ ~ ~ Entertainment is the devil's ...

5 hours ago, dhchristian said:

You could also say that the first 2000 years were the time of the Father, The second 2000 years the time of the Son, and the last 2000 years the time of the Holy Ghost. 

The Fathers were through Abraham, the Sons from Jacob to Christ, the Holy Ghost from Pentecost to today and the revelation of the "sons of God."

Why say that ?  (even if "you could")....  I don't think those distinctions are helpful, nor accurate Biblically.

Rather,  as in ACTS,  as also throughout the last 2000 years when faithful Ekklesia were found,  "FOLLOW JESUS".

And also, as Jesus says,  who is My family ?   WHOEVER HEARS the WORD OF THE FATHER,  AND DOES IT.

With men, this is impossible, but as Jesus says,  if we trust the heavenly Father to accomplish our salvation,  in this life and the next,   it is already done.   If we trust ourselves to accomplish it, we have already failed.