• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, dhchristian said:

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: (Eph 1:1)

We are called to be saints.

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Roman 1:7)

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: (I Cor. 1:2)

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; Eph 2:19

For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:(eph 4:12)

To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Col 1:2)

Many (all) are called to be saints, few are chosen. 

Peter wrote the second epistle directly to the chosen saints.

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: (1:1)

The Word obtained is a word that means obtained by the divine choice, by Lot, and the casting of lots. This is not based on merit at all. Does not matter if you are schooled or not. In fact God has a way of using the foolish to confound the wise. Read 1 Cor 1:26-28.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Same word is used. There are the faithful in Christ Jesus, who are all those born again, and there are the saints that are chosen out of them  I Know this is hard to comprehend especially if you have been in a church where every member is a saint. Only A select few are.

I disagree. Were you raised up Catholic? I know sainthood is a difficult thing there. But is it scriptural?

Just now, iamlamad said:

I disagree. Were you raised up Catholic? I know sainthood is a difficult thing there. But is it scriptural?

No I was raised a Baptist. Like before, I am just going by what the word of God says. read the verses I posted above and you will see the difference.

15 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Jesus told people HE TALKED TO IN PERSON:     You must be born again.  (joining a church doesn't count nor give life let alone eternal life ! )

Today,  He continues speaking without change, to Lutherans, Catholics, Baptists, Independents, in the church first, because JUDGMENT BEGINS in the HOUSE OF GOD,   and also outside the church to people with no religion at all - "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN"  ......  "TURN TO THE CREATOR, YAHUWEH (GOD ALMIGHTY),  because HIS KINGDOM IS NOW AT HAND!   CLOSE BY !   HERE< AT THE DOOR> !   "  There's no safety, no time to wait - TODAY IF YOU HEAR THE ECHO OF HIS VOICE,

do not rebel as they did in the wilderness and perished !   Do not rebel IF you hear His Voice ..... obey Him ! TODAY!

If you do not hear His Voice,  DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM,  while HE MIGHT BE FOUND ....... and KEEP ON SEEKING HIM every day, every night, all the time !

Good post. I agree, if anyone is to see heaven, they must be born again.  Well, not even that is true. I had a good friend that was a heathen. He was a mountain man, probably killed a thousand elk if he killed one. His wife was a long time believe and had prayed for him for many years. He had a heart attack and flat-lined for around ten minutes in the Spokane Hospital. During that ten minutes God took his spirit and showed him the Holy City from above. God told him: I am allowing you to SEE IT because of your wife's prayers - but until you change, you will never get here."

God took him back to his body and the machine started beeping again, and the doctor and nurses rushed in. they had already pulled the sheet over his head. He left the hospital and was told to make his peace with God, for only about 1/3 of his heart was working. Still, it took him I think two or three weeks before he finally gave up his will and got born again. So he did get to see it from a distance!

2 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

No I was raised a Baptist. Like before, I am just going by what the word of God says. read the verses I posted above and you will see the difference.

I don't see what you see there. Sorry.  Yes, ALL saints need perfecting because no one is perfect but Jesus. But they are "saints" while they are being perfected.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

27 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

No, It comes right out of Eph 1:1.  

3 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The Scripture is TRUE,  no change there, in HARMONY PERFECTLY WITH ALL SCRIPTURE.

You even quoted Ephesians.

But you don't agree with all SCRITURE, not even with Ephesians that you quoted.

But your "No,"  as if it meant something,  means nothing pertaining to the topic.

5 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Good post. I agree, if anyone is to see heaven, they must be born again.  Well, not even that is true. I had a good friend that was a heathen. He was a mountain man, probably killed a thousand elk if he killed one. His wife was a long time believe and had prayed for him for many years. He had a heart attack and flat-lined for around ten minutes in the Spokane Hospital. During that ten minutes God took his spirit and showed him the Holy City from above. God told him: I am allowing you to SEE IT because of your wife's prayers - but until you change, you will never get here."

God took him back to his body and the machine started beeping again, and the doctor and nurses rushed in. they had already pulled the sheet over his head. He left the hospital and was told to make his peace with God, for only about 1/3 of his heart was working. Still, it took him I think two or three weeks before he finally gave up his will and got born again. So he did get to see it from a distance!

Pretty good testimony  I think,  but he saw a vision,  so that could make or be the difference.   Or go back perhaps to what is actually written that you are referring to ?      Also, as well, I think,  "only the pure in heart" will see heaven ?

Just now, iamlamad said:

Tyndale: Let no ma deceave you by eny meanes for the lorde commeth not excepte ther come a departynge fyrst and that that synfnll man be opened ye sonne of perdicion

Both the Coverdale and the Geneva bible used the word Departing. It is an accurate translation of apostasia.

Yes they did, and they Got a lot of other stuff wrong or did not know the right translation of. Part of the Problem is they did not Know Hebrew properly, where as the KJV translators had help from Hebrew scholars. The language in the verse is very plain to see thst the apostasy is the falling away. Again, You are going too far using strong's and Thayer's Lexicon. And again it is because it does not fit your framework that you discard this fact, and have to explain it away as you do.

That must be checked, tried, tested, to see, yes.   Prove all things....

Yet even if there is a mistake there,   that does not make valid other mistakes by others.

Just now, iamlamad said:

I don't see what you see there. Sorry.  Yes, ALL saints need perfecting because no one is perfect but Jesus. But they are "saints" while they are being perfected.

By definition, a saint is someone chosen to serve the LORD. Aaron was a saint, Moses was a Servant of the LORD. Moses was not called a saint (Psalm 106:16)  They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron the saint of the LORD.

Saint by definition is one set apart from the whole. Not every Jew was a saint, and not every Christian is a saint. 

• Praying! 1