• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Proverbs 18:22

Also, it might be a good idea if you find a wife who shares your values and goals for life.

I don't just want a wife to impress my friends and family.

I want to spend time with her and just talk and hold hands and tell her I love her and mean it, and know that she loves me, and buy her flowers and cards and trinkets and things even when it isn't a holiday or birthday or aniversary. I want to just grow together with that person and grow in the Lord together, laugh, sing (try to anyway), raise some kids! Ride roller coasters, and take turns seeing who can out guess the weather man on the latest hurricane track. I just want to have a life long friend and companion who I can goof off around, at times, and at other times confide in and know that I can trust them and they can trust me, and share every day life. Someone who is soft enough to be my friend and companion and lover, but strong enough to bring out the best in me, and for me to bring out the best in her: to complete one another as the Lord intended.

Being single is so confusing. I find myself profiling every woman I meet to see if she might be "the one". I hate doing that becaue it sort of demeans women, but it doesn't change the fact that I have this big wife shaped hole in my life that keeps getting bigger, but no woman to fill it.

"Lord, give me patience."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pray that you find that bro. Anybody who wants love that bad should find it. It took me 37 years to find my girl. Sorry don't mean to scare you but that was me. :21:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest just becky
In all honesty. I think I'm going to be single for a long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In all honesty, I think I would never remarry if circumstances were as such...I know that's awful to say, but it's true. It is very difficult at times and the "romantic side" of being married seems to fade, sometimes even despite the best of intentions. Even with prayer, it gets hard. My advice? pray, pray and pray some more: funny, I prayed and actually got what I prayed for and after 20 years, I am praying for strength to carry me through. I think the romantisizing of love sometimes overpowers the reality: people don't wake up the next day on movies or in books.

Guest fidelisdeo

There have been plenty of posts on this issue, but I just want to add another similar kind of post for encouragement. It helps to understand we are not the only ones who face this weird "single stigmata". Hey, I'm nearly 27 and still single. You aren't alone. I face ridicule all the time... and I feel insecurity often (hey, it's a human reaction). Just last week 6 friends announced their wedding plans (including an ex-girlfriend) and in the past 2 weeks I've witnessed three weddings of close younger friends. And if one of my co-workers tries to set me up with another one of their nieces or daughters, I might crack! :emot-hug:

But, if only to emphasize some of the things that others have written, remember a couple of things: (a) Things happen in Christ's time and not ours - try to be patient, pray unceasingly, focus on Christ and not on what you do not have - He will take care of you. And (b) it is okay to be lonely sometimes - we are human and we desire companionship - but don't let that define your life. God uses all kinds of people, some of whom never find life partners... but we know... ROMANS 8:28 - that God will work our lives out for our good if we love and trust Him.

Hey, I'm frustrated too. But, I'm doing my best to put my faith in Christ and look to Him for peace. I can be happy without someone! And I can ignore those outsiders who define themselves and others by their marital status! There are many blessings to being single that I am enjoying right now! No worries and God's blessings!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

If I could do it all over again I would never have gotten married. But I guess it's too late.

Unless you are really sure you want to get married, don't. Don't push something that will cause you heartbreak in the long run. Don't let others push you into doing something your heart is not into doing. It's not worth it.

Guest Obtuse Monkey
If I could do it all over again I would never have gotten married.  But I guess it's too late.

Unless you are really sure you want to get married, don't.  Don't push something that will cause you heartbreak in the long run.  Don't let others push you into doing something your heart is not into doing.  It's not worth it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that, as they say.