IGNORED

I asked Jesus what must i do to go into heaven

mynickname

Guest PinkBelt
On 10/20/2018 at 5:20 AM, Badjao33 said:

Jesus is the Word of God. 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  (John 1:1)

The Bible is inspired by God and was written by men with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; (2 Timothy 3:16)

Answering the comment not made instead of the one actually stated seems to be a common theme around here.

I did not make a statement on the divinity of Jesus Christ or his fulfillment of the gospel. I said either the bible is God's word or it is not. You cannot decide for yourself what still applies based on arbitrary standards like history or culture, because then you are just filtering the bible to conform to your own secular philosophy. God's standards do not change.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Answering the comment not made instead of the one actually stated seems to be a common theme around here.

I did not make a statement on the divinity of Jesus Christ or his fulfillment of the gospel. I said either the bible is God's word or it is not. You cannot decide for yourself what still applies based on arbitrary standards like history or culture, because then you are just filtering the bible to conform to your own secular philosophy. God's standards do not change.

He  seems to be implying that the Bible is not Word of God, that the phrase only applies  to Jesus.   If that is his view he is wrong (no surprise there).

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

As for the Bible being the word of God, how can it be when all of the verses that say "the word of God" were written before the Bible even existed? The answer is because the Bible isn't the Word of God. Instead, it contains the Word of God and it testifies of Him.  

More false teaching and heresy.  The heresy mill just never stops.

Guest PinkBelt
46 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Here is your post that I was responding to. 

In your post you said that either the Bible is the word of God or it isn't. What kind of reaction would I have received had I simply answered "It isn't." For sure there would have been two pages of people condemning me for rejecting the Bible. 

I prefer to give scripture when I respond to posts like the one you gave rather than simply saying things like "No," "Wrong," or "It isn't" in order to give some insight to why I believe the way I do.  You don't have to agree with me, but at least the person reading my post will know where my reasoning is coming from. 

As for the Bible being the word of God, how can it be when all of the verses that say "the word of God" were written before the Bible even existed? The answer is because the Bible isn't the Word of God. Instead, it contains the Word of God and it testifies of Him.  

If the Bible was the Word of God, it would be able to give life. 

The Jews searched the scriptures in the mistaken assumption eternal life could be obtained by reading them. But alas, they could find no life in them because the life is in Jesus. God himself is eternal life and it is vain to seek the living among the dead. (Luke 24:5).

Only Jesus can give life. 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. (John 1:1-5)

I agree 100% this is why we must always pray before we open our Bible for reading. Prayer will open our eyes through the illumination of the Holy Spirit so we may understand the revelations of the Word of God found throughout the Bible.

“It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, 'Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it. (Deuteronomy 30:12-14)

Sorry, you might be able to talk circles around others but not me. You know full well what I mean by "word of God" and yet you try to make yourself feel smart with your double speak. You are disagreeable, you argue constantly and when a thread is locked you immediately launch into the next contentious argument. You aren't half as smart as you think you are.

You are a sower of discord and I do not like it. 

If you do not believe every word of the bible than you may as well believe none of it. Since you do not believe it is Gods word you have no basis for making theological statements of any kind.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

16 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

If the Bible was the Word of God, it would be able to give life. 

Since you fail to see the nature of God's Word and the why of it... you fail in It's actual value as God has placed it!

John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
KJV

This is the understanding of depravity... all men love life, it is all they have known, but the life they love passes away!

John 1:10-14

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

So The New Testament of His blood came into the world to make a way for us to be saved and that way is designed to deny the 1st born self and world from which we have began in... Because of the complexity of child like faith in God: letting go of all that we are and all that we are in as lasting value must be led by an objective means to all people in all times 

Jude 3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
KJV

Notice the delivery method was writing

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
KJV

Heb 13:7

7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
KJV

John 17:15-17

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

The written Word of God and you bring dispute with it's validity and trustworthiness? Clearly God has shown His intention from start to finish in It's use! 

16 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Only Jesus can give life. 

Through the written Word and Spirit of God.... and that life you speak of is not in keeping that which we were 1st born with nor the world we are in for both are passing away...

17 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I agree 100% this is why we must always pray before we open our Bible for reading. Prayer will open our eyes through the illumination of the Holy Spirit so we may understand the revelations of the Word of God found throughout the Bible.

Pick and choose in The Word of God and you subjectively become the authority of instead of God Who keeps it forever as His

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

It is very clear from God's end what His purpose is with the written Scriptures and that which is perfect can beget perfect but that which is not perfect cannot beget perfection...

31 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

it think I have worked it out:

some people take a word from scripture and apply the same meaning to that word, regardless of context or place.

eg. Word = Jesus, but can also = other meanings. But they ascribe Word to mean Jesus every single time.

or Fire can mean Hell, or it can mean being full of the Holy Spirit, or mean a time when the Holy Spirit was seen by humans.

Its a failure of comprehension and ability to read and understand.

PS I cant find anywhere in my bible where I am told to pray before reading the words, and the Holy Spirit will tell me what they mean and that non-beleivers (those without the Holy Spirit baptism) cannot understand the word of God. It doesnt make sense. It means we cant get saved without understanding the bible, and we cant understand the bible until we are saved. A circle of illogicality.

It is not circular but linear in event and direction...
Salvation - the miracle of God - a place where God's Word is received, believed, and acted upon looks like

1AAAAAA.jpg.8c59477c06525d69da867e2218e45a7a.jpg                            |

and the two have nothing of each other in The Eternity of God! Transformation is not of this world nor of the things within it....

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I believe every word of the Bible and I take them literally, what ever gave you the idea that I didn't?

Didn't you say you were a Red Letter Christian? Here is what they say about the Bible. While I don't agree with everything written in this article, I agree with the part I posted. 

God Did Not Write the Bible…

All of us interpret, but not always responsibly. A most complete interpretation of each individual book of the Bible involves several questions, like:

Who wrote it?
When was it written? 
For what purpose was it written? 
To whom was it written? (Who was its intended audience?) 
What genre is it? 
What was the culture in which the author lived? 
What did the words mean in their original language? (If you have ever mastered a second language, you know that translation is definitely not an exact science.)
How would the original readers have understood it?

Can God speak to someone who doesn’t know any of this? Absolutely! The Bible is powerful, and God can use it to speak to anyone. Our spiritual teachers and leaders, however, should pay attention to these questions.

One of the most widespread errors in interpretation is thinking the Bible was written primarily as a rule book for our 21st century American lives. 

https://www.redletterchristians.org/god-did-not-write-the-bible/

Do you believe the Bible is 100% inspired  by God?

Do you believe the Bible is 100% inerrant?

Do you believe the Bible is 100%  infallible?

Do you believe the Bible is 100% immutable?

As for claiming that you take the Bible literally, that claim is a joke on its face.

20 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Of course we need to pray before we read the Bible and I hope you do also. If not, we would be no different that the scribes and the Pharisees. Strong in knowledge, but lacking in understanding. Here are a couple of quotes from Church leaders of the past about the importance of prayer and guidance from the Holy Spirit. 

The Scribes and Pharisees were great readers of the law. They studied the sacred books continually, poring over each word and letter. They made notes of very little importance, but still very curious notes—as to which was the middle verse of the entire old Testament, which verse was halfway to the middle, and how many times such a word occurred, and even how many times a letter occurred, and the size of the letter, and its peculiar position...  “Have ye not read?”  Though they were the greatest readers of the law then living. He (Jesus) insinuates that they have not read at all; and then he gives them, incidentally, the reason why he had asked them whether they had read. He says, “If ye had known what this meaneth,” as much as to say, “Ye have not read, because ye have not understood.” Your eyes have gone over the words, and you have counted the letters, and you have marked the position of each verse and word, and you have said learned things about all the books, and yet you are not even readers of the sacred volume, for you have not acquired the true art of reading; you do not understand, and therefore you do not truly read it. You are mere skimmers and glancers at the Word: you have not read it, for you do not understand it...  A text is like a treasure chest which is locked—and prayer is the key to open it—and then we get God’s treasure! For lack of meditation, the truth of God runs by us and we miss and lose it.”– C.H. Spurgeon” 

"Do not be troubled about the things you read and do not understand. Trust the Holy Spirit to enlighten your mind and grant understanding. As you study prayerfully, you will experience a close fellowship with the Lord." -- Billy Graham

Interesting you do not use Scripture to establish your thought but men's writings.... with men this is said

1 Cor 8:2

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
KJV

but because you do not believe the infallibility/inerrancy of Scripture you have no objective foundation but only a subjective aspect based solely upon your own subjective self upon which you trust....
I suggest you return to Scripture as your sole authority and then you will have the promise of God in your life

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Yes, but modern translations do contain mistakes. These mistakes, however, do not make the Bible unreliable. 

Do you understand what infallible means?   If so what does it mean?

Just now, Badjao33 said:

I was just sharing the words of other men who were prominent members of the Church to show that I'm not the only one who prays when they read the Bible. The post I was responding to made the suggestion that it was not necessary to do so. Personally I believe that it is. 

Well my point in all of these comments is one where The Word (written) is the only objective source we have through the power of The Holy Spirit to determine God/ not god in all scenarios of life here... You seem to think translations are cause for non-trust? So have you gone back to the original language and tried to sypher the correct  Greek/English correctness?