• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I was just sharing the words of other men who were prominent members of the Church to show that I'm not the only one who prays when they read the Bible. The post I was responding to made the suggestion that it was not necessary to do so. Personally I believe that it is. 

I apologize for what must seem unfair grilling of you... just communicating to find where you are in your comments.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

I don't mistrust the modern translations, but I will compare scripture using Greek and Hebrew lexicons if a verse comes across as being contradictory or confusing as it is written in English. 

And if you actually did that, you would come up with this ignorant tripe about the Bible not being the word of God.    In fact, your entire platform in this thread is pretty much the product biblical ignorance, and not careful prayerful study of the Scriptures.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't mistrust the modern translations, but I will compare scripture using Greek and Hebrew lexicons if a verse comes across as being contradictory or confusing as it is written in English. 

The one truth I am sure of is- if we have God's Word as God's Word we have knowledge of Him and if we live within it then He of us :) 

Edited by enoob57

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes, the speech is a deception, it misleads,being a mixture of lies with truth & pretense to agree with doctrinal statements or legit Bible teachers but turns around and contradicts previous statements that feigned agreement with biblical truth made before. What they present is not the truth.

False teachers always mix in just enough truth to make the error look plausible.   That's what you see in a lot of in this thread with this whole "two-gospel" garbage.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, Davida said:

I reject your bad teachings, so don't bother. 

Notice he did not bring the second half of what he said .    For he just wrote that it was to the jews ,    YET he left out the part where he said in another place

that the prayer of JESUS did not apply to us today .  REMEMBER when he was going on and on about the forgive us part and having to forgive , HE SAID it did not apply to us

its way back on this thread.    He even turned it around on me and said he said its a just that a model prayer .  WELL if its a model prayer n his eyes , then why DID

he even bother saying the forgive us our debts , was not for US today .    He aint keeping things in line at all with scrip .   This is the very mindset we see

in high leaders of renown churches .  They always say one thing , then when its countered , they come as though they don't counter it .  YET very unstable .

3 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

I have no dispute with the validity and trustworthiness of the Bible. The Bible was given to us and has been preserved as a testimony to God's Word and reveals the Truth.

Through the spoken word:

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)

“Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)

In the verse below, was it the scriptures they heard or the spoken word?

“Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.” (Acts 4:4)

In the verses below were they teaching the Bible/Scriptures or giving a testimony to Jesus Christ?

“And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:31)

“And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.” (Acts 13:5)

“Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.” (Acts 15:35)

“But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.” (Acts 17:13)

“And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.” (Acts 18:11)

The Bible is a testimony to Jesus Christ and a testimony to Him. It has the words spoken by Him in preserved within it, but it in itself is not the Word of God. 

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life

And herein is the beauty of it .     HIS WORDS are recorded in THE BIBLE .    they still spirit and life ,  its just if its not mixed with faith in HIM , how can one hear .

The same thing with the jews even in the days of MOSES ,    the word did not profit them , NOT BEING MIXED with faith    .    IT was always about faith .

The gospel was preached even to Abraham , and always their was a remnant that looked for His Coming , who walked by faith .

Before you SAY you agree,    you might want to go back and LOOK at some of the things you said concerning the law , concerning HOW  you even claimed JESUS approached the jews .

You contradicted THIS .    The bible is not JUST  a testimony to JESUS ,   Its a testimony FROM HIM ,  Even the letters the apostels wrote both pointed to HIM

and were inspired BY THE SPIRIT within them , who is The Spirit of Christ  .    THEM WORDS are SPIRIT and they are LIFE but if one has not faith in HIM , 

how can they hear.  WHO is the GLORY of GOD .   JESUS IS .   The words that HE spoke and the prophets of old spoke were all of the Holy SPIRIT

Guest shiloh357

Lets look at the Lord's prayer.

‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’ 
(Matthew 6:9-13)

I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father. I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. (1 John 2:14)

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father. (Galatians 1:3-4)

He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, (Colossians 1:13)

Are you still waiting for and praying to be delivered from evil or the evil one? 

When Jesus taught that prayer it was before the cross, therefore that part of the prayer has been answered. 

Actually, we still have a war to fight.  We are ultimately delivered from Satan, but we have not come to the full realization of that deliverance and will not until sin  and death have been eradicated after Jesus returns.   The fact is that still have to deal with evil in our lives and the Bible makes it clear that Satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. All of us are vulnerable, so it is not at all wrong for us to pray for daily deliverance from evil. 

Again, you have no real theological training and it shows in such uninformed and unbiblical claims like what you made above.   You clearly don't know what you're talking about. 

14 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Lets look at the Lord's prayer.

‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’ 
(Matthew 6:9-13)

I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father. I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. (1 John 2:14)

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father. (Galatians 1:3-4)

He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, (Colossians 1:13)

Are you still waiting for and praying to be delivered from evil or the evil one? 

When Jesus taught that prayer it was before the cross, therefore that part of the prayer has been answered. 

He who commits sin is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.  (1 John 3:8) 

Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, He himself likewise partook of the same nature, that through death He might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong bondage (Hebrews 2:14-15) 

And you wonder why we aint hearing you .    Talk about using scrips to disort truth .    Bud , you a grand champion of it .   But before you rejoice

THIS IS NO PRIZE anyone would want .  

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Have you been delivered from evil, or does it still have control over your life? 

We are delivered from evil and we are being delivered from evil.  It is both/and, not either/or.

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

We are delivered from evil and we are being delivered from evil.  It is both/and, not either/or.

Speak for yourself, I have been completely delivered from evil and it has no control over my life. 

Notice the difference in Paul's prayer from the one Jesus gave before the cross. 

Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-5)

Yes, there is still evil in this world and evil men, but Jesus delivered us from evil when His blood was shed at Calvary and we are now forever protected from evil because of the faith we put in Him. 

Edited by Guest