• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/31/2018 at 2:13 PM, Butero said:

I celebrate Christmas each year, but I have never understood why people get upset over threads like that.  If you believe it is okay to celebrate Christmas and want to, do so.  If you think it's Satanic origins makes it unclean, don't celebrate it.  Let everyone be convinced in their own minds, and so what if someone tries to change your mind.  

Well if we are talking about the forums. The reason I get upset over the anti-Christmas thread. Is that because I choose to celebrate Christmas. I get told that I am partaking in worldly things and that all of us who do Christmas need to pray , read our Bible, and get right with Jesus. The same stuff that went on in the anti-Halloween thread.   ?

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Well if we are talking about the forums. The reason I get upset over the anti-Christmas thread. Is that because I choose to celebrate Christmas. I get told that I am partaking in worldly things and that all of us who do Christmas need to pray , read our Bible, and get right with Jesus. The same stuff that went on in the anti-Halloween thread.   ?

It is not like I don't hear the same thing.  I don't celebrate Halloween, but I do celebrate Christmas, and I am still not bothered by people giving me sincere warnings.  It doesn't bother me because I already carefully considered the matter many years ago when a man gave me a video about the pagan origins of all of the holidays.  I gave it a fair hearing, and would have stopped celebrating Christmas and Easter had I thought he made a strong enough case.  My conscience tells me it is okay, but if I saw it as wrong, I would want to warn others.  It just shows these people are looking after your soul.  

On 10/31/2018 at 1:50 PM, John Robinson said:

... so who wants to start a pool about when the first "Christmas is satanic" thread will be posted?

Like hot chocolate, carols, and sleigh rides, it's just not Christmas without it!  :D

Lets say we did and dont! :vacuum:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 10/31/2018 at 10:50 AM, John Robinson said:

... so who wants to start a pool about when the first "Christmas is satanic" thread will be posted?

Like hot chocolate, carols, and sleigh rides, it's just not Christmas without it!  :D

I don't know about a pool, but it usually starts off with someone posting "Christmas (or other holiday) is Evil." Then the argument starts and someone/some holiday gets called Satanic . . . it happens every year.  :laugh: Looks like you got there first this year.  :)