• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, other one said:

These pictures are not appropriate for this site.....  I would not want my wife or daughter to do so and I don't think Jesus would either

Sorry, the pictures are removed already.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest PinkBelt
15 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Hi guys,

I am a Christian, and thus want to do only things that Jesus would be ok with.

I am not sure whether it would be a sin or not to have those types of instagram where people post pictures of themselves looking pretty/sexy/attractive

For exemple of instagram models:

Anna Nystrom, Pamela Reif

Would it be a sin to have this type of account or is it ok?

There are plenty of modelling jobs that aren't salacious.

57 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

There are plenty of modelling jobs that aren't salacious.

Do you consider instagram model salacious? How to know if something is salacious?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Hi guys,

I am a Christian, and thus want to do only things that Jesus would be ok with.

I am not sure whether it would be a sin or not to have those types of instagram where people post pictures of themselves looking pretty/sexy/attractive

For exemple of instagram models:

Anna Nystrom, Pamela Reif

Would it be a sin to have this type of account or is it ok?

Personal call.

As a man who deals daily with lust, I have been all over the map as a Christian trying to deal with the issue myself.

I have gone from carnal to legalistic... as I said, all over the map. 

The Apostle Paul wrote about similar issues involving the eating of meat and of meat offered to idols... and by extension monitoring our personal liberties on the basis of whether or not they cause our brothers and sisters in Christ to stumble. Toward that end, he wrote may I never eat meat again if it causes my brother to stumble (1 Corinthians 8:13).

So it's not a matter of is it a sin, per se, but is it a matter of selfishness or not loving my fellow Christian enough to even consider whether or not I indulge in the liberties of Christianity.

Admittedly, I have not done well in this department (having learned the liberty in Christ transcends our sin... but in the focus of my walk with Christ I must remove the blinders and consider others who are involved in my life or who are simply watching).

Esther (in the book of Esther) was a beauty pageant winner who replaced Vashti when she was ousted for not obeying the King.

If you read the text carefully (and this is the Hebrew interpretation of the passage) Vashti refused her husbands wish for her to appear

before him and his monarchy / servants wearing [only] her crown.

Would the potential replacements for Vashti display anything more? 

Maybe / maybe not. The point here is Esther was not condemned for being in a beauty contest.

The Bible also speaks of the evil of people neighing after each other's wives (Jeremiah 5:8). 

This was under the Old Covenant and bears no weight on our salvation in the New... but... it can and does produce consequences in this life. 

As any guy who got a punch in the nose for looking too hard at another man's wife will attest.

If we lived in Eden, it would be no problem at all.

And during Victorian / Chivalry the problem was only masked (which goes back to the post-Eden scenario) the problem is within our hearts and

while these things are a personal call... it would be wise to consider these points and to at least be aware of your / our fellow Christian. ← this also goes for women's choice in apparel.

I would also add that we are spirit and flesh.  Our flesh wants more lust than is already available. Our spirit wants none of it.

Bear in mind the context of the world and the age we live in (the age of Grace), but beware catering too much to the flesh.

Edited by JohnD
  • Loved it! 1

Guest PinkBelt
11 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:

Do you consider instagram model salacious? How to know if something is salacious?

Are you just trolling?

2 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

Are you just trolling?

why are they salacious? they are wearing a bunch of clothes.

They post fitness pictures, which is in your profile "interests".

Edited by NathWChristian

Guest PinkBelt
On 11/4/2018 at 10:24 AM, NathWChristian said:

why are they salacious? they are wearing a bunch of clothes.

They post fitness pictures, which is in your profile "interests".

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. Nowhere in my profile does it say posing in sexually provocative clothes is one of my interests.

I personally think you're just trying to get a reaction from Christians here so I'm not going to comment farther.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

At the risk of getting too graphic (monitors please remove if it is)...

I have checked out the models in question and have seen much more explicit photos online when

performing the most innocent Goggle searches (with safeguards on).

Certainly movies and TV and billboard adds and magazines have had as bad or worse

for decades.

BUT!

We are too easily trapped on a slippery slope through the human tendency to be desensitized to lust.

Nowadays something is not considered risque or even "short" unless a partial or full glut is showing.

I am 57. I remember when just a little knee showing or a hint of thigh caused me to walk into things.

I recall how embarrassed and ashamed I was (age 9 or so) when my 20 year old cousin as a bride sat in the middle of

hooting guys as her groom had her wedding gown up about mid thigh (I looked down and turned away).

Innocence is all too easily lost...

I never saw them again... they headed up World Missions for Christ (or something like that name) for several years.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. No where in my profile does it say posing in sexually provocative clothes is one of my interests.

I personally think you're just trying to get a reaction from Christians here so I'm not going to comment farther.

where have I said "posing in a sexually provocative clothes" is your interest ?

I said "Fitness" is your interest.

Most instagram models are "fitness" models.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

ISAIAH 3:8-10

For Jerusalem has stumbled and Judah has fallen because they spoke and acted against the Lord, defying His glorious presence.  The expression on their faces testifies against them and like Sodom, they flaunt their sin; they do not conceal it; woe to them, for they have brought disaster upon themselves.  Tell the righteous it will be well for them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their labor...

YEP ,  they no longer hide their sin , they like Sodom and celebrate it RIGHT IN THE STREETS .    HMMMMMMMMMMMM

EVER WONDER WHAT DAYS THESE ARE .    I don't seem to see folks hiding their sin in the dark anymore .   THEY HOLDING RAINBOW FLAGS AND DANCING IN THE STREETS .

YEP ,  WE IN THE LAST o days .    THE LAST as in the last days .   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1