• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, eileenhat said:

check your reputation numbers

What does that even mean and what does it represent?  I was on here for many years before such a thing even existed.  

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, artsylady said:

I came to present a Christian point of view as to why so many Christians, and non Christians are adopting a vegan or plant based and to raise awareness to the modern day farming practices, how God's creatures are being treated, and how the home (earth) God gave us is being destroyed on many levels.   Its a social issue anyone who has contact with people outside of WB might want to become informed on, so that they can communicate respectfully and understand the issues.

Your point of view is not necessarily " christian" because God has given us animals and fish and foul to eat. Scripture given on this subject was totally ignored. 

But it does sound better for you to preface your vegan point if view with "christian".

It is also not wise to assume those who veheimently dissagree with you need to get better informed. You come off as haughty and judgy on a topic that is not christian at all but you insist that this is a moral issue  . Vegans tend to be anthropomorphic which is where all the misplaced emotion comes from! Cows and pigs are for human comsumption and have been since the fall! God knew animals would be dealt with differently in the future when he wrote OT and NT scripture! His word never returns void. It is still okay to eat meat regardless your misplaced emotionally driven retoric that argues with GODS WORDS!

Your decision was based on EMOTION and NOT SCRIPTURE. I read what you wrote. Emotion drove you to became vegan despite what scripture dictates.

Since you claim to be correctable; perhaps from this day forward you wont try to push your emotionally driven lifestyle on others . It is also advisable that veiled  labelling of  others as uninformed, uncompassionate, hearts waxed cold etc cease. 

21 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Probably non related but perhaps something of note.  I checked your repututation numbers and you have more 'oy vey' reactions vs any other reaction.  You can see these results in your profile.  I currently wonder now if the reason for the introduction of this button in the last year or so for the mods or for just to getting people in line.

Not related at all. Your suspicion is incorrect and belongs in the conspiracy theory forum! . The oy vey button is for all  those who participate on forums. It is  means  to let a person know their comment is met with exasperation ,amazement, or even fear or concern for the person who thinks a certain way usually contrary to scripture! 

1 hour ago, artsylady said:

"Correct a fool and he will hate you. Correct a wise man and he will thank you."  

You have been corrected several times with SCRIPTURE which is what a christian is supposed to base their thinking on! 

I didnt witness you telling anyone thank you:whistling:

1 minute ago, Butero said:

You took what she said completely out of context.

No I didnt. 

I showed the hypocrisy in her sentiment that worked out well for her as long as she wasnt challenged. 

You missed the thread yesterday I think which is probably why you dont grasp entirely what she is talking about. 

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, artsylady said:

Just went to the music section.  It does say my content will be under review.   All I can do is laugh.  Ridiculous.

All videos are moderated for content and length.   Nothing is taken for granted and some things may be copywritten and not allowed to be published on this forum and so the mods are just covering the bases.   YouTube videos and other videos have to be embedded so no one is allowed to any other material, as it can be inappropriate for a Christian forum. 

This is not censorship, it is moderating and it is necessary in this day and age.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

All videos are moderated for content and length.   Nothing is taken for granted and some things may be copywritten and not allowed to be published on this forum and so the mods are just covering the bases.   YouTube videos and other videos have to be embedded so no one is allowed to any other material, as it can be inappropriate for a Christian forum. 

This is not censorship, it is moderating and it is necessary in this day and age.

Which is true .     Yes , but their is a but .     WHEN a forum attaches itself to a Cthree five o one statues ,     what base does it soon begin to cover ,  ITS OWN BASE

I don't know if I got all them letters right in that status ,   but when a forum attaches to the govt ,   DIRE problems will soon begin to increase .

The lampstand of TRUTH will begin to become the light of what the govt deems should be spoken as truth .     I guess we can say its a good thing

this forum is not attached to that status . ..........................or is it .        OR IS IT ..............................or is it .      We better all be on guard .  My advice is , IF this forum

is attached like that , IT NEED TO DETACH and do it fast .     But as I said , IF it is .    

• Group:  Royal Member

9 hours ago, 1sheep said:

You have been corrected several times with SCRIPTURE which is what a christian is supposed to base their thinking on! 

Truth:  In the garden, people were told to eat plants.  Much later, Daniel, the prophet, as well as Shadrach, Meshack and Abendnego all thrived on a plant based diet.  You can look these up if you want to.  
What's the verse in the Bible "Everything is permissible, not everything is adviseable"?  Maybe it applies here.  See, Bible verses, Bible references apply to my way of thinking. It's a debatable matter.  If you don't wish to see it, change your thinking or learn something new, I have not come back here to talk to you or anyone like you.   Of course, I knew there would be many like you.  It's the same in the secular world.  

It's those who wish to rethink, change, grow, or at  least look at things from a different viewpoint, that I would like to speak to.

I briefly saw someone ask why make things that taste and resemble meat, but are not meat?  I am glad you asked that.   I don't wish any being to be raised in an abusive way, all of their lives to face a slaughter house where they scream in fear, have their throats slashed and blood spilt so that I can 'enjoy' my meat, 3 times a day.  I didn't adopt a plant based diet because I didn't enjoy meat.  I adopted it because it was gentler, kinder and no sentient being is hurt.    However, after a certain amount of time of abstaining, I also could not ever 'enjoy' eating animal flesh. 

10 hours ago, 1sheep said:

For what?   You think I don't know about meat references in the Bible?  I do.  I also know things have changed since Jesus day.  I also know "GOD owns the cattle on a thousand hills"

It's the modern day treatment of God's creatures, like the cows that aren't actually on hills anymore.   That is what I'm talking about. I'm sorry you keep missing my point.   Is it because you want to?

I don't have a lot of time to come here to have people misrepresent what I say and judge me and jump to incorrect conclusions and misquote me. 

Surely to God, there are people reading these threads who can see what's happening and how things are being manipulated.  Are you sure you really want to keep commenting here about this, the way you have been?

8 hours ago, 1sheep said:

No I didnt. 

I showed the hypocrisy in her sentiment that worked out well for her as long as she wasnt challenged. 

You missed the thread yesterday I think which is probably why you dont grasp entirely what she is talking about. 

Isn't that thread still up there for all to see?