• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

The bible doesn't say that at all.   Prove with scriptures anywhere the Bible say s women can have a place of authority in the church. 

First, I did, prophetess and judge; second - the bible does not say they can't - the KJV just ruined it by using the word man, where it should of used the word husband. That is were much of the confusion comes from!

11 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

No, I answered it - you just made it say something it does not. It IS talking about a man having more that one wife at the same time! nothing more, nothing less.

Does God advocate a man marry multiple times? There is only a few circumstances where God okays it. A widower or a man whose wife is an adulteress.

• Group:  Advanced Member

I am not talking about that, I am just saying that scripture is also not talking about divorce, and remarriage.

11 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

First, I did, prophetess and judge; second - the bible does not say they can't - the KJV just ruined it by using the word man, where it should of used the word husband. That is were much of the confusion comes from!

Lets look at the law of first mention: the garden. Eve was created as a helpmate for Adam. Adam is the head.  

Also. We see here the oder of things: Ephesians 5:22-33

Women leading men is not biblical. It is backwards of the way God created us. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

8 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Lets look at the law of first mention: the garden. Eve was created as a helpmate for Adam. Adam is the head.  

Also. We see here the oder of things: Ephesians 5:22-33

Women leading men is not biblical. It is backwards of the way God created us. 

Yes, Eve was created as a helpmate to her husband... not to every man!

9 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

Yes, Eve was created as a helpmate to her husband... not to every man!

Scripture is clear that a woman teaches other women and children. Isnt that enough? Are you postulating that a woman needs to have authority over men? Just trying to understand. 

Titus 2:Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Men were created to lead. Period. A womans job is actually the most important job in all of humanity because she nurtures and raises the future. This modern day thing since the 60s says women need more. That is not from God but from the enemy who aims to destroy all things good and glorifying to God

Edited by 1sheep

50 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

That is the reason she need to first be submissive to her own husband - before she can have authority in anything else.

Here is what every woman should strive towards. She is not only a great wife and mother but also wise in business. 

Proverbs 31:10-31 

10 [a]A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

23 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

being a teacher is not the same as being in authority over someone.

I have recently taught my husband how to do something. Does that usurp his headship? no.

I have taught group so men some skills. Am I assuming authority over them? again, no.

We are speaking in context within the church. Women do not teach men doctrine in a group setting. If a man asks a woman I dont see anything wrong with answering though. There are many men that know less than women. I dont deny that! 

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I dont believe in Bishops being scriptural. We are all equal, not one lording it over another.

Sister , remember if its in the bible then it is for us .    They did appoint elders , bishops ,deacons , n every  house church or small meeting place they had .

Their duty , being that they were already mature .     That is the requirement , that they be blameless and etc .

SO that they could teach and remind others of the pure and holy ways of our Lord .

These bishops and deacons and etc ,  however ,  were not like much of what I see today .

They didn't beg for money and build up their own houses and enlarge their own places and borders .

THEY were , as I said , mature men .    Way past being babes on milk .  They were seasoned men and their wives were to be too .

While the wives or women could not ursurp authority over the men .  They could aide their husbands on things pertaining to the furtherance of the gospel .

I tell us all,   what these women leaders in churches have done and what many men have done too ,   is twist scripture unto their own destruction .

Mary jane .  You be encouraged sister .   You are truly loved .  If any woman is in the true pattern that GOD set and the apostels taught ,  I PROMISE that will

be the most fulfilled woman .   Let none of us , ever try and find a way around what the early church taught .  OH let us live and learn their wonderfully God inspired letters .

I tell us all ,  their is no joy LIKE the LORD , their is no peace Like the peace He gives .    Just keep learning Maryjane.

And you be encouraged .    You know I love you sister .    I truly only desire good for you .

So while all may prophesy ,   women cannot teach nor usurp authority over no man , not her husband and not the church .

But I promise , if women and men were to simply just accept the pattern the early church taught and would just live In and by the SPIRIT

what peace , joy they would have .    What great hope , for their HOPE and TRUST WOULD be IN the LORD .

And from that , flows peace that passes all understanding .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

23 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Even Paul said nothing against women who prophesy. They were the daughters of Philip

That is because true prophecy is edification for the Body of Christ. It benefits all the church and it isnt taking authority but simply relaying a message from God. God also said to test a prophet. Their track record must be held with truth.