• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Thought these might help someone to grow in Christ; 

“As Christians are goal should be to have Christ rule in us. The only thing stopping this from happening is "us". We are told in Scripture that when "Christ died, we died", this is the only way to come from under the power of "self". For our separation from God is our fall into the life of this world. It is the life of this world that keeps us separated from God. So it is the giving up or "denying self" which is the one thing necessary. For a "will" other than this, is saying the same thing the Jews did, when they said "we will not have this Man rule over us," except, it says "we will not have this man rule in us". Self or the life of this world is all the evil that we possess, for "we" are our worst enemy. It is "us" that cause us all our problems, so a complete death to "us" is what's necessary. But "Praise be To God" we have such a total and complete salvation in Christ. For Christ came to die, so that when He died we died, that we might be "born again" (or a new creation) to a living hope, where it would be as natural to behave, as the fallen nature is to misbehave, for that which is "born of God, sins not". Why, you might ask, is the life of this world so bad? It is because the life of this world elevates itself above that which is right.

This is what’s required to be set free from the power of our fallen nature’s. We need to come to the place where we would rather “die than sin”. When this realization has been reached, the truth of our being “dead in Christ” is the one truth that will bring victory over sin. Until this realization is reached a person will be fighting their fallen nature’s in the power of their own efforts. It is when a person sees, that it would be better to die than live in sin, that freedom from the old nature is at hand. For this is why Christ died, to free us from our old nature’s. The realization that “we died when He died”, makes the scripture “reckon yourself dead into sin, but alive unto God” become your life. For you see that our “being crucified with Christ” is the foundation of our salvation in Christ. May we all come to know by experience what Christ has brought to mankind by His death and resurrection. Death to the old, that a new life might be made real in the life of the believer. For Christ came not to “fix” you but to “replace” you with a new creation.

It was humanity that killed Christ on the cross. It is self that kills Christ in the human heart today. Self is that which dethrones Christ from His temple, which temple we are. Every action is either self or Christ. For there are only two movers, self or Christ. We are told in scripture;

Romans 6:16 (KJV)
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Scripture says we are given a choice as to which master we will obey. This choice is given to us in everything we do. Regardless of the circumstances, it’s always a choice of either responeding out from us or Christ. This choice is made by the will. For scripture say;

“the will is present”

So the will to do righteousness is in every believer, it’s just a matter of yielding to this new “life” that has been brought to birth in the heart of the believing soul. 

What is “self”? 

Self is all that we were born in Adam with. It is “us”. Jesus came to save us from us. Our own wills, our own desires, our own selves. “Putting on Christ” what does this mean? How is a believer suppose to understand this? In real world applications how is that suppose to be manifested? As believers we become born again. That is a new birth that needs to grow. The proof that it is growing is we are walking in newness of life. We are overcoming the old man and his deeds. If this is not happening and we find ourselves still full of bitterness, jealousy, own will, self righteous, covetousness, envy, pride, wrath, and any and all sin. Something is wrong somewhere. Christ came to deliver us from the old man and his deeds. Anything less than this is not appropriating the salvation we have in Christ. As long as we don’t hate sin enough to be willing to die rather than sin, we will never know victory over the old man. That is what it takes, to be willing to give up all of yourself to death rather than sin. When this place is reached in the believers life, he will have no choice but to cry out like Paul did “oh wretched man that I am who will deliver me from the body of this death”. It is than that he is in the proper place where Christ can do all in him. For until he sees that all his works and effort is futile. He will continuly lean upon his own learning, his own strength of will, his own self. It is to the degree one apprehends his “death in Christ” it is to that degree he will be set free from his fallen nature. For Christ says “we die daily” it is a constant reckoning yourself dead onto sin in any and all situations. When this is learn by experience it puts such a smile on the face that nothing, no trial, no tribulation can remove. The proof that one is still a carnal believer is he will have no abiding joy, no abiding peace, no victory over sin. He might have it for a day or two, even a week or two, but it will never abide. For sin will get in the way, and fall he does. He will serve the Lord to the best of his ability, but that’s were his relationship will stay. It will be constant sinning, repenting, sinning repenting. He may have great learning he may know scripture but they will only be understood like one who study’s a science text book, he will know facts, but the learning will go no deeper. Self can only understand through the intellect and in the intellect the learning will stay. Till self is put to death self will rule. Deny self is the one command given that will put on all virtues and free one from all their vices. For we all know believers that sound so religious but you see them get jostled and they bite and devour, make great excuses why they are justified in the evil. They blame everyone else, but they never yield to gentleness, meekness, kindness, love. Never coming to just “love one another from a pure heart”. For God only blesses righteousness, will always only bless righteousness. Righteousness from a pure heart. Anything else is something “other”, and has no standing before God. God has made a way for every believer to walk in a victorious Christian life. It is through “reckoning yourself dead onto sin but alive onto God”. This teaching is the one and only way given to man to overcome the world, the flesh and the devil. The proof that this teaching is learned is that it will produce righteousness in a believers life in all they do, say, think, dream, hope, desire. Righteousness will be the only thing they will search for in any and all situations. The fruit of the Spirit will rule in all they do. That Christ would manifest Himself in His body to make this a living reality in all our life’s.

We all know forsaking all our wicked and evil deeds is necessary in turning to God. Seeing how it was Adams fall into the life of this world that was his separation from God. It is the life of this world that is the “sin factory.”

It is necessary to turn or repent or give up, whichever word you would choose to use, the life of this world or that which “births sin”. Whether you choose to call it, the “sin factory” “I” “me” “mine” “self” it is all the same thing. It is that which was “born in Adam.” That is what needs to be given up for a believer to grow or have Christ formed in them. A believer can choose to remain a “babe” in Christ or choose to grow, that is totally the desire of their own heart. For it is with the heart, man believes and desires. 

A giving up all that was “born in Adam.” It is a turning from “own will” or our own opinion of right and wrong, to Gods right and wrong. Which is that which is “right” and ”wrong” in all reality and all truth. Seeing how it was the fall into the life of this world that birthed our own opinions of right and wrong. It is a total giving up of the life of this world, that is what true repentance is from it’s deepest understanding. That is that which is meant by the call to repentance. A total giving up that which birthed itself in Adam when he sinned.

The question may be asked why is the life of this world so evil and wicked. The answer is because the life of this world is that life that has come up with its own opinions of that which is right and wrong. Or in other words elevated itself above that which is right. Or in still other words elevated itself above or against all  righteousness.”

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2

But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. Luke 19:14 KJV

To me, the scripture above epitomizes SELF. 

In all the words I've read in Worthy, (wishing I had total recall), these words come to mind where someone posted:

Give up all rights to yourself = Romans 12: 1-2 a Living Sacrifice.

As you know, we 'naturally' think we have 'rights'. 

But if we desire to grow and have Him to rule and reign in us, and not SELF,

we have to understand that we have no rights.

He must have the Preeminence in all things. He must increase. I must decrease.

I believe that surrender (Ro 12:1-2) and obedience is the KEY to growing in the Life and Revelation of Jesus Christ.

[I assure you] by the pride which I have in you in [your fellowship and union with] Christ Jesus our Lord,

that I die daily [I face death every day and die to self]. 1Cor 15:31 AMPC

"Putting on Christ” what does this mean?"

To me it simply means when you've 'put on' you're 'in' it.

...walking/living/abiding in and by the Spirit. 

“For wherever your treasure is, there shall your heart be also.” Luke 12:34 Aramic Bible

Thank You, Jesus.

4 minutes ago, In Him said:

But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. Luke 19:14 KJV

To me, the scripture above epitomizes SELF. 

In all the words I've read in Worthy, (wishing I had total recall), these words come to mind where someone posted:

Give up all rights to yourself = Romans 12: 1-2 a Living Sacrifice.

As you know, we 'naturally' think we have 'rights'. 

But if we desire to grow and have Him to rule and reign in us, and not SELF,

we have to understand that we have no rights.

He must have the Preeminence in all things. He must increase. I must decrease.

I believe that surrender (Ro 12:1-2) and obedience is the KEY to growing in the Life and Revelation of Jesus Christ.

[I assure you] by the pride which I have in you in [your fellowship and union with] Christ Jesus our Lord,

that I die daily [I face death every day and die to self]. 1Cor 15:31 AMPC

"Putting on Christ” what does this mean?"

To me it simply means when you've 'put on' you're 'in' it.

...walking/living/abiding in and by the Spirit. 

“For wherever your treasure is, there shall your heart be also.” Luke 12:34 Aramic Bible

Thank You, Jesus.

So true. By giving ourselves over to death. What rights would a dead man have? For “self” is that that we need to be freed from.

Blessings. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If I may post here a definition of the word 'Preeminence' from my previous post and used in Col 1:18:

PREEMINENCE

Having the

• First
  • Highest
  • Chief
  • And best place in a position of ascendancy over everything else

It is

• An ultimacy
  • A glory
  • An honor
  • A distinction
  • A prestige
  • An illustriousness
  • A renown
  • A notability
  • And a nobility that surpasses all others

And He is Head of the body, the church: Who is the Beginning, the Firstborn from the dead;

that in all things He might have the Preeminence. Col 1:18

26 minutes ago, In Him said:

If I may post here a definition of the word 'Preeminence' from my previous post and used in Col 1:18:

PREEMINENCE

Having the

• First
  • Highest
  • Chief
  • And best place in a position of ascendancy over everything else

It is

• An ultimacy
  • A glory
  • An honor
  • A distinction
  • A prestige
  • An illustriousness
  • A renown
  • A notability
  • And a nobility that surpasses all others

And He is Head of the body, the church: Who is the Beginning, the Firstborn from the dead;

that in all things He might have the Preeminence. Col 1:18

As He should have that place. How lucky we are to have such a good God. 

I love the statement; 

“all of Him and nothing of us”

Blessings. 

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Not me said:

As He should have that place. How lucky we are to have such a good God. 

I love the statement; 

“all of Him and nothing of us”

Blessings. 

Amen...blessed, happy and fortunate...we are to have such a Good God.

I love that statement too. I pray it.

Humility is nothing but the disappearance of self

in the vision that God is ALL.

Andrew Murray

2 minutes ago, In Him said:

Amen...blessed, happy and fortunate...we are to have such a Good God.

I love that statement too. I pray it.

Humility is nothing but the disappearance of self

in the vision that God is ALL.

Andrew Murray

“Humility is nothing else but the disappearances of self”

Never heard that before! 

Me likes!!  :)

Lord God,

Not a word upon my tongue but for Thy glory

Not a movement of my temper but for Thy glory

Not an affection of love or hate in my heart

But for Thy glory, and according to Thy blessed will.

Andrew Murray

Thank You, Lord

My confession before God goes something like; 

“God, you said that when Jesus died, I died. That I might be a new creation. Created in righteousness, by righteousness, for righteousness. Lord cause righteousness to reign in your creation and I am your creation.”

Again another is;

“Deny self, pick up cross, follow Jesus, so that when all is said and done, I will actually have done that.”

Blessing. 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

24 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

this is so hard. so very hard.

Only until it is learned to give self up to death. Than our salvation in Christ is the most simple and blessed thing. Scripture calls it the

“simplicity of the Gospel of Christ”. 

It comes down to feeding one’s personal relationship with Christ. For wherever your at in your walk, He has the growth. Trust His love for you. Will be holding you up before the Throne of Grace. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me