• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Butero said:

Willful sin is the only sin that will cost you salvation.  I do not commit willful sins everyday.  I never have to do that, so I don't have to keep fighting to save myself.  I don't even have to confess anything to be saved.  I can lose salvation by committing willful sins and never confessing them.  

No, the only thing that cost you salvation is not having it in the first place due to unbelief. the cost has been paid for at the cross

23 minutes ago, Butero said:

Faith without works is dead.  You have dead faith if there are no works following.  

James 2 is referring to obtaining godly righteousness, not salvation

21 minutes ago, Butero said:

We all believe in that, but we don't believe that means the same thing.  The finished work of the cross to me means Jesus doesn't have to die again, and no animals need to die to pay the price for sin.  If we commit willful sins, we can confess them to Jesus, and thanks to the finished work of the cross, the same blood that initially saved us cleanses us from that sin.  If we mess up and sin without meaning to, that same blood washes them away.  The finished work of the cross doesn't give us a get out of hell free pass for life no matter what we do.  

If we If we....... its not about you, it's about Christ work on the cross, not filthy us

22 minutes ago, Butero said:

What are you fearful of?  

not loving him enough

22 minutes ago, Butero said:

What are you talking about, "partial rapture is false?"  Soul sleep is false!  I have no idea what you mean by partial rapture!  

partial rapture, as in some believers get left behind because of sin

16 minutes ago, Butero said:

The elect are those that God chose to be his before the foundation of the world.  It is not understanding this that has led to the false OSAS doctrine.  People use scripture that is dealing with God's foreknowledge and predestination and election, and turned it into a devilish doctrine that teaches people can simply accept Christ and then go on living in sin and be eternally secure.  It is a hybrid of Calvinism created by people that didn't believe God was fully in charge of who is saved and who is lost.  

We all have a choice to believe and confess

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Butero said:

Nobody is saving themselves whether they believe OSAS or reject it.

Rejection of OSAS is not really the issue....it is a rejection of the Gospel thAt gets one in trouble .....the first half of the GOSPEL specifically......that part that says Jesus died for our sins....some just don’t believe it.And the biggest problem these guys have is where they add to the Gospel with lucky repentance before you die.They are preaching an “ accursed” Message.I believe Nothing But The Blood. Period.End Of story .Jesus saves. Period.I may be guilty of many things , but I am not guilty of the one thing Paul guarantees will send you to Hell, and it’s not willful sins and it is not having unrepentant sin at the time of your death—- he could have mentioned either or both of those things when he discussed being accursed.He did not.He warned against works.As one of our friends here proclaimed.....” trying to be saved”.He is afraid to trust . They one thing God demands.

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

Not to leave them in sin!  Jesus said to go and sin no more.  Your doctrine teaches a salvation experience with no power to deliver anyone from their sins.  It is just a get out of hell free card.  

Right we sin no more not to claim to be Jesus, but rather to follow him. How does one follow Him without the Holy Spirit. No power for the nonbeliever, yes because they don't have the HS

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

Some of you may give lip service and claim to believe in sanctification, but when push comes to shove, you could go out and live a life of debauchery and in your view, remain saved because you are saved today.  Do you deny that? 

Well, believers don't live a life like that. They follow Christ and hear His voice because they can never be plucked out of His hand

16 minutes ago, Butero said:

By the way, if you don't teach that, congratulations, you don't believe in OSAS anymore and have gone from darkness into the light.  

No, OSAS believes His power keeps us saved. Non-OSAS does not believe His power saves, it's our power that saves us, our repentance from willful sin

• Thumbs Up 1