• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/5/2018 at 6:09 AM, Butero said:

The Holy Spirit doesn't dwell in filthy sinners.  The vessel must be made clean for the Spirit of God to dwell there.  

Oh, ok how so  -?

Mat 23:27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

Heb 9:12-14 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

In regard to the Holy Spirit .....”All That ask receive”...... it all starts with repentance, which is turning to God for help, which will come easy if you ever see yourself for the wretched, lost person that you are.Sincerely ask for God to give you His  Spirit and He will.Then that indwelling Spirit will do the cleaning....not you,  cause we are talking about changing “ the inside of the cup”.Only God can perform it.Cleaning the outside of the cup is what the religionists specializes in—- it satisfies the crowd and convinces them you “ got it”. You don’t.

8 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Cleaning the outside of the cup is what the religionists specializes in—- it satisfies the crowd and convinces them you “ got it”. You don’t.

A revival is coming, can you feel it

Gal 1 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Any good revival should have some rousing words to accompany it.....George shared a masterpiece  of Truth and Insight written by Jonathon Edwards.I found it astonishing. Find it  on page 3 of “Stages to Christianity”

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

In regard to the Holy Spirit .....”All That ask receive”...... it all starts with repentance, which is turning to God for help, which will come easy if you ever see yourself for the wretched, lost person that you are.Sincerely ask for God to give you His  Spirit and He will.Then that indwelling Spirit will do the cleaning....not you,  cause we are talking about changing “ the inside of the cup”.Only God can perform it.Cleaning the outside of the cup is what the religionists specializes in—- it satisfies the crowd and convinces them you “ got it”. You don’t.

Yes, ....... but only if you allow Him or the HOLY Spirit of God to clean you of dirty willful sins/evil-works/Law-breaking. He is the friendly Helper, not the forceful dictator. God does not force you to be clean from willful sins. You decide. You are not a mindless robot under the complete control of your creator. God purposely created humans with free will or freedom of choice to obey or disobey Him or His Word - He did not create humans as mindless robots with no free will. You can grieve the HOLY Spirit of God. You can reject His help. You can disobey God or His Word.

Of course, in God's eyes, He has already predestined or fixed His will on every human that He has created. But as wretched, limited and saved human Christians, we are not to presume to know His every will for every human except to do our part in obeying His will with the help of His HOLY Spirit or His Son the Word.

Christians who decide to be cleaned by the HOLY Spirit of God = keep God's commandments/Law/Word will have Christ (or the Spirit - 2CORINTHIANS.3:17) abiding in them and will inherit the kingdom of heaven.(JOHN.14:21-24) Christians who decide not to be cleaned by the HOLY Spirit of God = do not keep God's commandments/Law/Word will suffer the curses of God for their willful sins, likely lose faith, curse God and die unsaved(JOB.2:9, HEBREWS.10:26-31 & 6:1-8).

Edited by discipler777

2 hours ago, Butero said:

Unbelief is not the unpardonable sin.  If it were the Apostle Paul couldn't have been forgiven and saved.  

Well,  0it is. Paul believed and confessed before he died Gal 1:13-17. You making yourself clean with filthy rags of righteousness 

Isa 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Mat 23:27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

Heb 9:12-14 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

True, but what is it to “ speak against the Holy Spirit” ? We KNOW that unbelief in Christ will damn you, so if if the unpardonable sin is anything other than that , there would have to be TWO unpardonable sins.

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I would imagine that the prophet Isaiah, the Apostle Paul and Jesus himself are very unhappy with the way people in the OSAS camp misuse scripture like this.  I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but the sect called the Pharisees are nowhere to be found in the church in America.  I haven't met one yet.  Isaiah was speaking as a man under the law, and before the cross.   Hebrews does nothing to promote OSAS.  Absolutely nothing, and neither do any of the other teachings of Paul taken in context.  I would imagine that Paul has better things to do in heaven than worry about one teacher misusing his writings to try to lead people astray, but who knows?  Maybe he does take notice of what is happening down here on earth.  There is a cloud of witnesses.   

By the way, the unpardonable sin is speaking against the Holy Ghost.  That is exactly what it says.  

I don't think they're unhappy. Paul and Isaiah told me to depend on Jesus to keep me saved, not my filthy rags.

Hebrews is an encouragement letter to those that err. The author reminds us that Jesus is the end result of our faith, and sanctification discipline and godly sorrow is the middle.

Heb 12 

4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,

and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,

6because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,

and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13“Make level paths for your feet,” b so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

3 hours ago, Butero said:

Unbelief is not an unpardonable sin.  God will forgive us for our past unbelief when we come to Christ.  He won't forgive us for speaking against the Holy Ghost.  

I always assume when I discuss “ unbelief” it is the unbelief at death that is damnable.Going from” unbelief to belief” is the “ change of mind”, or repentance required to be saved .If anything beyond Belief is required and if repentance is not built in to Belief, one best stay away from the Book of John.AND Paul’s Gospel in 1cor15:1-4. It does not say anything about repentance in that either .Perhaps a change of mind ;thinking that I do not need the Gospel to coming to a belief that the Gospel is EVERTHING I need could be construed as repentance.Believing Christ died for my sins is the first half of the Gospel.Seeing yourself as a sinner that needs aSavior is true repentance.That change of mind is built into the Gospel

6 hours ago, Butero said:

Unbelief is not an unpardonable sin.  God will forgive us for our past unbelief when we come to Christ.  He won't forgive us for speaking against the Holy Ghost.  

Maybe Paul and James were preaching to two different crowds. What do you think..

Gal 2:7-9 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, a just as Peter had been to the circumcised. 8For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings.