• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Ah dear sister,

Now let me tell you about my experience leading Worship, ...hopefully it will encourage you!

My wife and I started attending a new (to us) church, there were some in the church that already knew us from a different church, (it's a small island) we had been there only three weeks when the pastor asked us to lead worship, (when I asked my pastor back in the States, how do we know a ministry in the Church is the will of God for us, he said, someone will ask you and you will have a peace about it), at that time I had been playing the piano for 60 years and I never liked recitals or playing in front of an audience, it always made me nervous, ...I like playing the piano for my own pleasure, well, ...I had a peace about it so I agreed.

Come Sunday I was ready, ...because I had been playing the early Praise music for over 30 years I picked out some simple chorus', printed the words and compiled a small song book, like I said, I was ready, the songs I had chosen I could play with my eyes closed in the dark..., then came Sunday, we set up, I played some background music as the people arrived to set the mood, the pastor called the Church to order, nodded to me to begin..., and my mind went blank, I couldn't remember one single note, ...how embarrassing, I don't know how we made it through that Sunday, I think my wife sang a cappella,  ...OK, I learned my lesson for the next Sunday, I copied the music and I practiced playing with my eyes open, I was ready, ...woke up Sunday morning and my right hand was paralyzed, it's OK, you can laugh, as stubborn as I am we went anyway, I played chords with my left hand and the root note with one finger in my right, (I'm like that sheep that the Shepard has to break it's legs and carry it on His shoulders so that it won't run off), ...I came home that Sunday totally discouraged, told Father I quit, I had made a big mistake, ...His reply to me is what I have written in my previous post, the lesson I needed to learned was to stop trying to do Ministry in my own strength, my head knowledge needed to descend and become heart knowledge and just let the Holy Spirit flow through me, ...He's the One that makes it work.  Not by might, nor by power, by by My spirit says the Lord of Hosts!

There ya go sis, ...if/since you were worshiping Father you led those that had prepared their hearts to Worship, ...that's why it so very important that YOU prepare the hearts of the congregation FOR Worship, ...think about it, they come in with their heads filled, their hearts occupied with the things of the world, ...gossip, problems, fighting with spouses, struggles, persecutions, abuses, sins, transgressions, some might even be considering suicide,

...your're ready, ...your're pumped up, eager with anticipation, ...Spirit filled, ...you're just one small step away from entering into THE Throne Room of Grace, ........and the majority of the congregation are still outside in the gutter, ...so to speak!

Dear one, may I humbly suggest that you not limit God, you have a dream, ..and you have a ministry given to you by the pastor, the fact that the time limit set by the church was over ruled leads me to believe this is what Father has for you today, there are no coincidences in God's Church, ...and who knows, this might well be preparation for the next ministry He has for you.

You know, ...when the majority of the Church is Worshiping, ...when Father keeps His promise to come and inhabit the praises of His people, ...when His Presence is so thick that it could be cut with a knife, ...when TRUE Worship has reached it's summit, ...when hands involuntarily raise, ..when the Church becomes silent before THE Thrice Holy God...,

...the unbelievers present will know there is a God and they are in His Presence, ...there are many ways Father uses to preach the Gospel,

...and you precious one, ...will be so blessed, ...because you were used by God, ...the Holy Spirit passed through you, ...you became a spring of living water that overflowed and gushed forth...

Lord bless

To be honest, I have already made a lot of mistakes in leading the worship service whether be in words that I speak or my voice.. I always give room for improvement and I thank God He helped me improved a lot.

There are just a lot of signs that He gave me for something else for the advancement of His Kingdom whether it be in a dream or in a situation. Before I became a worship leader I believe and I know that I am called for something else and I wont tell you yet (?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Ah dear sister,

Now let me tell you about my experience leading Worship, ...hopefully it will encourage you!

My wife and I started attending a new (to us) church, there were some in the church that already knew us from a different church, (it's a small island) we had been there only three weeks when the pastor asked us to lead worship, (when I asked my pastor back in the States, how do we know a ministry in the Church is the will of God for us, he said, someone will ask you and you will have a peace about it), at that time I had been playing the piano for 60 years and I never liked recitals or playing in front of an audience, it always made me nervous, ...I like playing the piano for my own pleasure, well, ...I had a peace about it so I agreed.

Come Sunday I was ready, ...because I had been playing the early Praise music for over 30 years I picked out some simple chorus', printed the words and compiled a small song book, like I said, I was ready, the songs I had chosen I could play with my eyes closed in the dark..., then came Sunday, we set up, I played some background music as the people arrived to set the mood, the pastor called the Church to order, nodded to me to begin..., and my mind went blank, I couldn't remember one single note, ...how embarrassing, I don't know how we made it through that Sunday, I think my wife sang a cappella,  ...OK, I learned my lesson for the next Sunday, I copied the music and I practiced playing with my eyes open, I was ready, ...woke up Sunday morning and my right hand was paralyzed, it's OK, you can laugh, as stubborn as I am we went anyway, I played chords with my left hand and the root note with one finger in my right, (I'm like that sheep that the Shepard has to break it's legs and carry it on His shoulders so that it won't run off), ...I came home that Sunday totally discouraged, told Father I quit, I had made a big mistake, ...His reply to me is what I have written in my previous post, the lesson I needed to learned was to stop trying to do Ministry in my own strength, my head knowledge needed to descend and become heart knowledge and just let the Holy Spirit flow through me, ...He's the One that makes it work.  Not by might, nor by power, by by My spirit says the Lord of Hosts!

There ya go sis, ...if/since you were worshiping Father you led those that had prepared their hearts to Worship, ...that's why it so very important that YOU prepare the hearts of the congregation FOR Worship, ...think about it, they come in with their heads filled, their hearts occupied with the things of the world, ...gossip, problems, fighting with spouses, struggles, persecutions, abuses, sins, transgressions, some might even be considering suicide,

...your're ready, ...your're pumped up, eager with anticipation, ...Spirit filled, ...you're just one small step away from entering into THE Throne Room of Grace, ........and the majority of the congregation are still outside in the gutter, ...so to speak!

Dear one, may I humbly suggest that you not limit God, you have a dream, ..and you have a ministry given to you by the pastor, the fact that the time limit set by the church was over ruled leads me to believe this is what Father has for you today, there are no coincidences in God's Church, ...and who knows, this might well be preparation for the next ministry He has for you.

You know, ...when the majority of the Church is Worshiping, ...when Father keeps His promise to come and inhabit the praises of His people, ...when His Presence is so thick that it could be cut with a knife, ...when TRUE Worship has reached it's summit, ...when hands involuntarily raise, ..when the Church becomes silent before THE Thrice Holy God...,

...the unbelievers present will know there is a God and they are in His Presence, ...there are many ways Father uses to preach the Gospel,

...and you precious one, ...will be so blessed, ...because you were used by God, ...the Holy Spirit passed through you, ...you became a spring of living water that overflowed and gushed forth...

Lord bless

Thank you for the encouragement by the way. I truly appreaciate it. ???

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God looks for servants' hearts, like Jesus came as a servant and washed the disciples' feet because it needed to be done.  If you are willing to be used where needed He may eventually move you if your heart is not rebelling and you have a good attitude, doing it as unto the Lord.  So throw yourself into serving and sing, praising and worshipping God with all your heart as an inspiring example to the congregation.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

I can only say yay and amen to the advice given. As a worship leader in our church as well, there are many lessons to be learned in any service to our Lord and Master. 1stly, we need to remember that it's ALL about Him, not us, it's Not about what we do, but about what He has already done. We are but humble servants, doing our Masters' bidding. Whatever we do, or asked to do, do it with all of your heart, as unto the Lord, not as unto man. 2ndly, it is called praise and worship in that order, sing lively "praise" songs that encourage and lift up the congregation to Praise the Lord, and then lead them into a time of worship, allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work, we are but an instument of His using and choosing. As has been previously said, that at His choosing, it may well lead into other areas of service in the Kingdom, for and to His Glory.

As always, I hope this proves to be helpful, God bless.

• This is Worthy 1