wordsower

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified for a propitation for the sins of the world, and His resurrection and sending of His Holy Spirit that we might be saved by His indwelling life enabling us to be godly (Romans 5:10).

Forgive me for being dense, but are you saying that we save ourselves with Jesus' help?

Wordsower!

Bless you! Shout it from the mountaintops.

I'm saying Jesus re-dying on ten thousand crosses will not, can not save one unrepentant sinner.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blindseeker,

Do you have a problem with these verses?

Acts 15:25 It seemed good unto us . . .

Not at all, It is obvious they were but babes and they were given basic milk that they may begin to grow thereby.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

I'm saying Jesus re-dying on ten thousand crosses will not, can not save one unrepentant sinner.  He will not save any who will not surrender to Him.

Can you directly answer the question?

Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him.

And what did He command us? To observe the Sabbath?

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

John 15:1  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Yeah, now finish it up!

"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.  These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.  This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:9-12

"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"  Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 22:36-40

For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness,"  "You shall not covet,"  and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  Romans 13:9

And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.  And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 3:22-24

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,  1 Peter 1:22

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well; James 2:8

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8

Because of Jesus, we can work out our salvation with fear and trembling. He will not save us with out our help. How do we help? We surrender to Him and obey Him.

Is the 'fear and trembling' a permanent condition? What about that 'peace like a river' and 'joy unspeakable'? How do you 'fear and tremble' and have peace at the same time?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Phil. 3:1Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.

2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! 3For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit,  rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,[/b ]4though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

12Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule,  let us be of the same mind.

17Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shamewho set their mind on earthly things. 20For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Songbreak! Hey....it's scriptural! (See Ephesians 5:19,Colossians 3:16)

Come, ye sinners, poor and needy

Weak and wounded, sick and sore

Jesus ready, stands to save you

Full of pity, love and power

I will arise and go to Jesus

He will embrace me in His arms

In the arms of my dear Savior,

O, there are ten thousand charms

Come, ye thirsty, come and welcome

God's free bounty glorify

True belief and true repentance

Every grace that brings you nigh

Come, ye weary, heavy-laden

Lost and ruined by the fall

If you tarry 'til you're better

You will never come at all

See Him Prostate in the garden

On the ground your Maker lies

On the bloody tree, behold him

Sinner, will this not suffice?"

Lo! the incarnate God ascended

Pleads the merit of his blood

Venture on him, venture wholly

Let no other trust intrude

John,

I've decided it's an identity problem.

Righteousness by behavior vs Righteous Identity

Too much of the church doesn't know who they are in Christ.  We can not help Jesus saves us.

I am the righteousness of God by Jesus blood, all I had to do is accept the gift and believe (which in the original language means to commit to)  

God grades on pass/fail  Praise His Holy Name I pass, thank You Jesus!!   By committing my life to You, I surrender all and You make all the changes necessary to further Your kingdom, not to make me more Yours. :il:

Amen!

I can't even remember the man I used to be. Jesus has brought me so far. That is the power of God...changed lives. Can't we just give Jesus all the glory? Me righteous?

The only hope for a man lies not in giving him an example of how to behave, but in the preaching of Jesus Christ as the Saviour from sin.

JohnS and WordSower,

Please forgive my delayed responses.  Due to family related crisis' I have not be able to access the forum for a couple of days.  I am only here briefly to check in.

Please do not assume I am ignoring you.

Peace,  

William

Blindseeker,

I'm sorry you are having family problems, hope everything turns around soon.

I'm saying Jesus re-dying on ten thousand crosses will not, can not save one unrepentant sinner.