Guest confused christeen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

No i can't post how it originlly looked but i can Email it to you. Whats your email and ill give you Echad in the Original Hebrew Text <_<

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,467
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,826
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  131
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Some of the most interesting verses that show the TriUNITY of God off of what Pastor Eric was saying in John -- I AM --

This verse is VERY INTERESTING!

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Clearly 3 persons are represented in this verse!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Guest confused christeen
Some of the most interesting verses that show the TriUNITY of God off of what Pastor Eric was saying in John -- I AM --

This verse is VERY INTERESTING!

Isaiah 48:16  Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Clearly 3 persons are represented in this verse!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow wow wow .............. this is getting sooooooooo convincingly intresting :P

you guys rock! :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Another passage on the deity of Christ oft overlooked.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Look at how the apostle Paul uses the terms "Spirit of God, Spirit of Christ, Christ, and the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead" so interchangeably.

Obviously, Paul thought Jesus was God.

In 8:9 Paul says, "if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you."

Then, Paul, as though continuing the same thought, says in the next sentence:

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So, having the Spirit of God is the same as having the Spirit of Christ.

John the beloved concurs:

1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Some one explained it to me this way..............if its wrong "PLEASE" tell me.

Take a coin, there are 2 sides and then the rim of the coin. 3 different faces of the same object.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

In the Old Testament it says we will be married to Jehovah God. Here is where it says we will be married to Jehovah God:

Hosea 2:16

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

God the father .. god the son .. god the holyspirit.. 3 names but one and the same....this is what i am taught and still asked to believe ... but this one thing about the holy trinity is just not getting in my head.....

its about jesus....

god says in matt 3:17

"this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased"

and everywhere else in the newtetment he is referred to as the son of god...

jesus taught us to pray to the father ..as he did while he wass on earth ..

i believe he is the true son of god....led a sinless life on earth fullfilling his fathers will ....

but then this concept of  god the son.......... that is jesus being god is not clear to me ....

if it where that way why did god have to put the whole concept of 'son' into picture.....it could have been that god came to earth as man to save his people ....

pls give your views...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) Dear confused christian.....the confusion comes in our life when we don't BELIEVE THE WORD of GOD and with our puny intellect try to "explain" God,try to bring the INFINITE ETERNAL GOD under our feeble scrutiny.....we are "ants"...little pieces of "floating dust" in a immense universe that GOD holds in the palm of HIS HAND!

The ONLY and SAFE way to understand GOD is in BELIEVING in HIS REVELATION,the revelation of HIMSELF that HE GRACIOUSLY decide to give us in THE PERSON of HIS SON,THE LORD JESUS CHRIST that IS THE WORD of GOD and IS GOD HIMSELF.

How do I know it? How can I be 100% SURE with no shadow of doubt? Am I better,more clever more intelligent than you?NO WAY,I am a sniner saved by grace,but since I BELIEVED THE BIBLE declarations about GOD THE FATHER,GOD THE SON,GOD THE HOLY GHOST.

If you,REALLY want come out of confusion,well,YOU HAVE TO PUT DOUBT ASIDE and DECIDE TO BELIEVE even if you don't understand and GOD promised that IF YOU BELIEVE and DON'T DOUBT ,well,YOU WILL SEE THE GLORY OF GOD!

I didn't say it,JESUS said,and JESUS WHO IS THE TRUTH CANNOT LIE,and JESUS promised that whoever believes and follows HIM will not be in confusion but have the light of GOD in his/her life!

We all have to take GOD at HIS word and stop all this wishy-washy weak walk and talk!

It takes a good deep study of THE WORD but if you do it,instead to listen to the enemy( the author of confusion) or may be give in to your fleeting emotions or feelings,YOU WILL BE BLESSED by having a deep meaningful real relationship with GOD,THE CREATOR and SAVIOUR and ENERGIZER of the entire universe!!!

Lets see if Jesus is God

Gospel of John 1 :1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Did you see it? THE WORD WAS GOD...... and:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him

Do you see it? THE WORD WHO WAS GOD at a certain point in time and space ( ca.2000 years ago) was made FLESH....JESUS CAME DOWN as a MAN!!!

Do you get it ? I am sure you do unless you continue to doubt,well then none can convince you because THE FATHER and THE SPIRIT REVEAL THE SON and THE SON REVEAL THE FATHER and THE SPIRIT to us grasshoppers!!! :24:

Look,I have countless scriptures verses to prove that JESUS IS THE SON and is GOD just like GOD is GOD and also THE FATHER and GOD is also THE SPIRIT.

The difference between TRUE christianity and the countless and useless "religions,creeds and sects and cults" of the worl is in the fact that GOD out of HIS INFINITE GRACE REVEALS HIMSELF by COMING DOWN to us...there is no need to climb a " sacred"mountain or go through countless and painful and abominable rituals...that spell DEATH to a DEAD humanity....

Acts 16:31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Do you see it? the jalier believed JESUS=GOD and was SAVED!!!!

if JESUS is not GOD then WE ARE ALL LOST and wILL DIE IN OUR SINS and GO TO EVERLASTING BURNING HELL!!!!

It is a very SERIOUS MATTER...very very serious..and if I was you I would run to GOD and REPENT of my unbelief and CALL ON HIM and BELIEVE in JESUS and GET SAVED

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Hab 2:4

God has NO PLEASURE in those who draw back from HIM trough UNBELIEF.

In this era of FALSE christianity where people preach another gospel,another Jesus,another Spirit,where people ( most of them "good" religious nuts) where there is an heretical emphasis on WORKS before and after the faith,an era in which THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE of GOD is ignored,well we need to go back to THE CROSS before we can go to THE CROWN....

I hope that you will go the cross and RECEIVE BY FAITH JESUS and you will be able to say with"doubting" Thomas:

King James Version

The Book of JOHN

Chapter 20

1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the LORD out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

3 Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.

4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.

5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.

6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.

9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.

But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,

12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my LORD, and I know not where they have laid him.

14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.

15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Thomas said: MY LORD and MY GOD

SHALOM

SpeedBible by www.johnhurt.com

:24::24::21:

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

IS there a way we can get actual greek and hebrew fonts here? that way I could quot the texts directly, and not have to transcribe

A good e-Bible program like esword or Quickverse has dictionaries and concordances, like Strong's. They have cross references with the original Hebrew and Greek texts.

I'm thinking that it would be able to cut and paste whatever words you want to reference.

Hope this helps!

t.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The first marriage was at the foot of Mt Sinai, where the Lord took to wife Israel, but the second marriage, or re-marriage hasn

Guest D Smith

Kahlan929...

Just always remember that nothing is 'like" God ...

Not a coin, not water (ice/steam/water) nothing is actually very much like God is.

We all search for ways to talk about what God is like, the best we can do is to say what he is "not" like....for he is not like anything ever seen or made...