• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 John 1:5

This is the message that we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

(Psalms 104:10)  You make springs gush forth in the valleys; they flow between the hills;
(Psalms 104:11)  they give drink to every beast of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst.
(Psalms 104:12)  Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; they sing among the branches.
(Psalms 104:13)  From your lofty abode you water the mountains; the earth is satisfied with the fruit of your work.
(Psalms 104:14)  You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth
(Psalms 104:15)  and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine and bread to strengthen man's heart.
(Psalms 104:16)  The trees of the LORD are watered abundantly, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted.
(Psalms 104:17)  In them the birds build their nests; the stork has her home in the fir trees.
(Psalms 104:18)  The high mountains are for the wild goats; the rocks are a refuge for the rock badgers.
(Psalms 104:19)  He made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows its time for setting. 
[ESV]

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Luke 9:27

27 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
Unfortunately there are churches claiming Jesus was a false prophet for saying this

I myself believe it to be a bad translation, what are your own takes in the verse

SHALOM❤️

35 minutes ago, MrBear said:

27 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
Unfortunately there are churches claiming Jesus was a false prophet for saying this

I myself believe it to be a bad translation, what are your own takes in the verse

SHALOM❤️

This will lead to a contentious discussion.  That's fine but this is not the place to have it, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

19 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

This will lead to a contentious discussion.  That's fine but this is not the place to have it, in my opinion.

I understand thank you Brother 

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

Psalm 62:1

Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation.  He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

Psalm 43:3

Send me your light and faithful care, let them lead me; bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,977
  • Content Per Day:  5.42
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
Luke 22:20

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

Psalms-73-24-WEB.jpg.4167c5e2a93711058cc6015db30e7a04.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, MrBear said:

SHALOM❤️

(Believer's Bible Commentary) Luke 9:27   This mention of His glory forms the link with what follows. He now predicts that some of the disciples who were standing there would see the kingdom of God before they died. His words find their fulfillment in verses 28-36, the incident on the Mount of Transfiguration. The disciples were Peter, James, and John. On the Mount they saw a foreview of what it will be like when the Lord Jesus sets up His kingdom on earth. Peter says this in effect in his Second Epistle:

For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain (1:16-18).

Notice the continuity of the Lord's teaching in this passage. He had just announced His own impending rejection, suffering, and death. He had called His disciples to follow Him in a life of self-denial, suffering, and sacrifice. Now He says in effect, “But just remember! If you suffer with Me, you will reign with Me. Beyond the cross is the glory. The reward is all out of proportion to the cost.”

I didn't want to leave you hanging.

• Well Said! 2