IGNORED

Words of wisdom from our brothers and sisters,what's on your mind?

angels4u

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1976

On 2/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom my family,

I have been studying the Levitical sacrifices recently and it's amazing how each one can teach us more about the Father, Son and Spirit. 

To avoid rambling on, I'll just give you an interesting nugget which I hope will encourage you to look at the system in a new light.

We, of course, refer to these offerings to Yahweh as a "sacrifice". The connotation of that word means giving up at your own expense or losing something personal for another cause. Whilst that is indeed true, consider the original Hebrew word "Korban". Korban means to draw closer or to get nearer. How vastly different!

Therefore, rather than thinking "sacrifice" which focuses on what WE are giving up, if we understand it as "korban" we can focus on the fact that this is a gift to Yahweh - to draw nearer to Him, to get closer to Him. Praise Yahweh that he instilled a system to enable man to get closer to Him!

Consider the English terms for the Hebrew terms below to see how they are brought to life with this understanding

• Burnt Offering: Korban Olah - to draw close through an ascending offering
  • Grain Offering: Korban Minchah - to draw close through a gift offering
  • Fellowship Offering: Korban Shelamim - to draw close through a thanksgiving offering

Every Korban process has great significance as well, it's not arbitrary - but that's for another time.

For now, think on this. Israel had a morning Korban Olah and and evening Korban Olah, besides all the other offerings.  Now, scripture mentions that Daniel was praying at the time of the evening Korban Olah when he received a vision... So maybe a practise that we are being taught is for a morning and evening prayer (at sunrise and sunset), to give our thanksgiving so that we can "draw close through an ascending offering" with prayer.  This is also reminiscent of the ascending incense before Ark of the Covenant, which is identified as the prayers of the saints. 

As for me, I have been doing this and, not only do I love it, but I feel it's a right and dutiful to do so. To thank the Father at the beginning of the day, for all that he has blessed you with, and at the end of the day for sustaining you and those you love through another day. I really don't feel it's legalistic (sometimes I miss sunrise and sunset!) but I feel that it helps keep me on track with daily gratitude and humility. 

So many interesting revelations surround the Tabernacle. Such a fascinating topic.

Love & Shalom

Yes, Tzephanayahu, the fundamental purpose of sacrifice is worship. We tend to focus to much on the instrumentality of it, what it achieves. But sacrifice works because it is not a tool, but worship.

So, consider this: when Jesus offered Himself on the cross, He was actually giving Himself in worship to the Father.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1976

On 10/31/2019 at 2:29 PM, Revlori said:

Something happening: for a while now someone has been praying many verses from the book of Psalm about enemies as David and many other writers of this book did, can anyone elaborate on using these verses to pray over enemies?

In the New Covenant, we are instructed to bless and not curse (Romans 12:14).

So, when we pray these Psalms, we have to do so with a few provisos:

1. With an understanding that we have moved past that stage of revelation.

2. With the understanding that these Psalms are more about confessing our frustration, and bringing our emotional state to God, than actually wishing harm on someone.

3. With the spiritual understanding that our real enemies are the demonic powers. So, we can absolutely pray these Psalms in spiritual warfare, as long as they are not directed against human enemies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Matthew Umbarger said:

In the New Covenant, we are instructed to bless and not curse (Romans 12:14).

So, when we pray these Psalms, we have to do so with a few provisos:

1. With an understanding that we have moved past that stage of revelation.

2. With the understanding that these Psalms are more about confessing our frustration, and bringing our emotional state to God, than actually wishing harm on someone.

3. With the spiritual understanding that our real enemies are the demonic powers. So, we can absolutely pray these Psalms in spiritual warfare, as long as they are not directed against human enemies.

Sometimes I pray for God to take vengeance. It belongs to him. Sometimes people need to be put in check.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, Jacob75 said:
On 2/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, angels4u said:

Is there anything happening or did you read anything which you would like to share with other brothers and sisters, so we can all benefit from it?

Please share...

"If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God."  Peter in Epistle no. 1,  4:11.

Jesus never shared little "anythings," and never chatted.  Should we?  

This  forum is to share, and listen, and learn. Should we not?

"It is better to light a candle than curse what we can't see"

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

58 minutes ago, Sower said:

This  forum is to share, and listen, and learn. Should we not?

"It is better to light a candle than curse what we can't see"

And if we think we know it all, we have a lot left to learn

• Thumbs Up 3

The apostle Paul wished that enemies of the cross would castrate themselves and David prayed for justice to consume his enemies. Is it wrong to want justice?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Perhaps i was wrong to want justice in that manner. Im a believer that when we do wrong we reap what we sow, and if we turn to God the consequences of our actions will teach us. I dont know, i'll pray about it.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 2/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, angels4u said:

Is there anything happening or did you read anything which you would like to share with other brothers and sisters, so we can all benefit from it?

Please share...

How can anyone misunderstand the below? thanks

Proverbs 28:13 KJV - He that covereth his sins shall not - Bible Gateway He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Adam Clarke Commentary

Verse Proverbs 28:13. He that covereth his sins — Here is a general direction relative to conversion.

1. If the sinner do not acknowledge his sins; if he cover and excuse them, and refuse to come to the light of God's word and Spirit, lest his deeds should be reproved, he shall find no salvation. God will never admit a sinful, unhumbled soul, into his kingdom.

2. But if he confess his sin, with a penitent and broken heart, and, by forsaking every evil way, give this proof that he feels his own sore, and the plague of his heart, then he shall have mercy. Here is a doctrine of vital importance to the salvation of the soul, which the weakest may understand.

Love, Walter

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

How can anyone misunderstand the below? thanks

Proverbs 28:13 KJV - He that covereth his sins shall not - Bible Gateway He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Adam Clarke Commentary

Verse Proverbs 28:13. He that covereth his sins — Here is a general direction relative to conversion.

1. If the sinner do not acknowledge his sins; if he cover and excuse them, and refuse to come to the light of God's word and Spirit, lest his deeds should be reproved, he shall find no salvation. God will never admit a sinful, unhumbled soul, into his kingdom.

2. But if he confess his sin, with a penitent and broken heart, and, by forsaking every evil way, give this proof that he feels his own sore, and the plague of his heart, then he shall have mercy. Here is a doctrine of vital importance to the salvation of the soul, which the weakest may understand.

Love, Walter

(Proverbs 28:13)  Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.  [ESV]

28:13   There are two kinds of forgiveness, judicial and parental. When we trust Christ as Lord and Savior, we receive forgiveness from the penalty of sins; that is judicial forgiveness. When we, as believers, confess our sins, we receive parental forgiveness (1 John 1:9); this maintains fellowship with God our Father.
There is no blessing for the person who covers his sins, that is, who refuses to drag them out into the light and to confess them to God and to anyone else who has been wronged. But anyone who confesses and forsakes his sins has the assurance that God not only forgives but forgets (Hebrews 10:17).  [Believer's Bible Commentary]

Another take on Proverbs 28:13 using a more modern text and commentary.