• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/15/2019 at 3:45 AM, Who me said:

All Jesus does here is show the rich young man that he loves his things far more than he loved the things of God.

Notice that Jesus has established a higher calling than obeying the Commandments of God.  Thus, Jesus is showing that there is something greater than the Commandments here.  What is greater than the Commandments of God?  Only God, Himself.

So, in order to be perfect, Jesus says, "you must not only keep the Commandments, but also divest yourself of all worldly possessions and then, one more thing, focus completely on me."

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 15 March 2019 at 4:05 PM, douge said:

Jesus was saying, to enter the kingdom on earth, promised Israel, they had to be righteous by obeying the law. Jesus was showing this young man what he lacked.

19 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

Please consider:

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Matthew 12:32

Jesus differentiated between this world and the one to come. The earthly kingdom would be in the world to come.

Matthew 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

One of the requirements to enter the kingdom was to sell possessions; this was an obstruction for the rich.

Matthew 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Discussing what one understand the scripture to mean is not speaking against Jesus.        

Poverty is not and never has been a condition for salvation.

The rich young man loved the comfort and prestige that his wealth brought him more than obedience to God.

18 hours ago, De Maria said:

Notice that Jesus has established a higher calling than obeying the Commandments of God.  Thus, Jesus is showing that there is something greater than the Commandments here.  What is greater than the Commandments of God?  Only God, Himself.

So, in order to be perfect, Jesus says, "you must not only keep the Commandments, but also divest yourself of all worldly possessions and then, one more thing, focus completely on me."

There is nothing higher than obedience to God.

Poverty does not make us sinless.

Riches do not makes us good or evil.

It is only obedience that counts. Obedience to God in accepting Jesus as Saviour and Lord.

Obedience to Jesus's commands as a sign that we Love him.

We cannot be perfect in this life but we can aim for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

10 hours ago, Who me said:

Discussing what one understand the scripture to mean is not speaking against Jesus.        

Poverty is not and never has been a condition for salvation.

The rich young man loved the comfort and prestige that his wealth brought him more than obedience to God.

I was not saying anything in regard to speaking against Jesus Matthew 12:32 was quoted by me to show that Jesus would establish his kingdom not in this world but the one to come, because you said the kingdom was not on earth because it is not of this world.

Poverty is not a condition for eternal life, but is a condition for Israel, not us, but for Israel during the tribulation to enter the kingdom...see verse below please.

Matthew 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

17 hours ago, douge said:

I was not saying anything in regard to speaking against Jesus Matthew 12:32 was quoted by me to show that Jesus would establish his kingdom not in this world but the one to come, because you said the kingdom was not on earth because it is not of this world.

Poverty is not a condition for eternal life, but is a condition for Israel, not us, but for Israel during the tribulation to enter the kingdom...see verse below please.

Oh dear another salvation by works. Don't you know that salvation for anyone, no matter who they are, jew, gentile slave or free is through the grace of God, a free gift of faith given to them so they cannot boast about how 'good' their works are.

All Jesus is doing is showing that the rich man loved his riches more than the idea of salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, Who me said:

Oh dear another salvation by works. Don't you know that salvation for anyone, no matter who they are, jew, gentile slave or free is through the grace of God, a free gift of faith given to them so they cannot boast about how 'good' their works are.

All Jesus is doing is showing that the rich man loved his riches more than the idea of salvation.

Hello

1 hour ago, douge said:

Hello

There is no other name by which we must be saved. Is what a Jew said to other jews.

The gospel of works is false, no one no matter who they are is saved by there deeds.

4 hours ago, Who me said:

There is no other name by which we must be saved. Is what a Jew said to other jews.

The gospel of works is false, no one no matter who they are is saved by there deeds.

Hello

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Abraham was justified unto eternal life in Genesis 15:6, but he was justified in the sight of God by his works in Genesis 22 It is this justification that saves Israel to enter the kingdom, it is a physical salvation.

By the way, Abraham was justified by works after God made covenant with him. Israel is under a covenant as well to enter the kingdom.

On 22 March 2019 at 10:03 PM, douge said:

Hello

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Abraham was justified unto eternal life in Genesis 15:6, but he was justified in the sight of God by his works in Genesis 22 It is this justification that saves Israel to enter the kingdom, it is a physical salvation.

By the way, Abraham was justified by works after God made covenant with him. Israel is under a covenant as well to enter the kingdom.

And if you read Hebrews you read by faith Abraham.....

and in Romans 3:20, Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.          

As Jesus made clear obedience to his commands includes Loving other people, doing good to/for others.

Works do not save, if they did Jesus would not have had to die.               

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Who me said:

And if you read Hebrews you read by faith Abraham.....

and in Romans 3:20, Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.          

As Jesus made clear obedience to his commands includes Loving other people, doing good to/for others.

Works do not save, if they did Jesus would not have had to die.               

Hello

Justification has more than just one meaning.

Abraham was justified UNTO ETERNAL LIFE by faith.

Abraham was justified by works IN THE SIGHT OF GOD and called friend of God. He was declared righteous by his works, but not to eternal life.