• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I'm not sure exactly about what I think. I definitely know how it feels to have teens acting out in church. My husband and I are our teen youth leaders, and alot of the time the Pastor has to tell them during the service to be quiet. I personally wouldn't say anything, because I feel it's the parent's responsibility to make them behave. I would approach the parents and talk to them about it, or quietly ask the kids to be quiet.

I don't think people should be mad at you, because those teens need to be quiet and respectful in church. If they aren't there to listen, and obviously don't want to be there, they shouldn't be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have no problem with what you did. The mother sure didn't have any control nor does it sound like she cared. You stopped a situation that would have annoyed me too. And I also want to say, Thank you Sgt for your service to our country, your in my prayers and you are a hero! :whistling:

Guest fields316_2000
Amen Rusty!

I Also wished to thank you earlier for your service.....You are truly a man I can admire, willing to die for our country....Thank You

And you were still right for what you did.

Peace be with you Brother

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thank you all for your support of us troops And your love in this situation! I feel alot better about things since the first wave of feedback was in favor of the kids - as if they are victims! Once again I'll thank you and maybe approach a few people this week about it to clear the air!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Thank you Sgt for your service to our country

Good lead, Rusty. :wub: Yes, thank you very much for your service.

BTW - next time I'm in front of one of those obnoxious people who talk in a movie theater, I'll be callin' for ya........... :thumbsup:

Guest Anakin
Thank you Sgt for your service to our country

Good lead, Rusty. :emot-hug: Yes, thank you very much for your service.

BTW - next time I'm in front of one of those obnoxious people who talk in a movie theater, I'll be callin' for ya........... :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:wub::wub: I think I will as well..

Seriously, I applaud your stand on the issue. I agree with most everyone here and I know I would have done the same in your shoes. God Bless you Brother.

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
I do agree that it's incredibly annoying when people are being disruptive during the service...same with classes...

I totally sympathize with you, but I do kinda think that a more tactful approach would've been effective. Remember, while we must tell the truth, it should also be in love.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many think that it is okay to shout or to stand up and do things and back them with scripture to show why Love was not present.

In any case we all seriously need to remember, that if perhaps a more tactful approach was used it would have been justified by the Spirit and God would have been Glorified.

If by shouting in church irregardless of the occasion or reason we cause people to stumble then we are indeed wrong.

You used the words out-side voice Sgt: In that you yourself know that it was not a voice to have been using in Church in the First Place.

Just my Dollar's worth on the Issue.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Bro David,

I shout in Church all the time.

Hallelujah!!!!! :emot-hug:

Sometimes Love is expressed in correction? No?

If these people were offended? Who say's it wasn't the Lord doing the offending? Just to see if they were sincere in their return or not? Sometimes the Lord will throw a Hot Cup of Coffee in your lap, just to see what will come out of your mouth. Which indeed did come forth from your heart. :wub:

It may be that the SGT. was God's chosen vessel for the day? :wub:

Just another way to look at it.

Peace,

Dave

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢

Grace to you too,

I have never shouted in Church at all.

Hallelujah!!!!! :emot-hug:

:wub:

Correction Yes, Correction without Love in Church ?

Nah, in any case I will pray for God to Heal your Shouting in Church. :wub:

But Seriously,

I pray whatever Church I am sent to Preach at in the Future, and in My Family's Church's that shouting in any form will never be condoned.

I think and of course this is only my opinion on this matter that Love is Obedience, Turning around to shout just does not show enough respect for the Pastor, The Church, and God in His own House.

You think He was being used of by God.

I think anyone that God uses will only Bring Glory not confusion or Resentment and bottom line will not be the cause of people staying away from the Church.

In anycase, Let me tell you since we both are Lifters, We both should know that following or keeping a regime is the hardest thing to many that is why only 10 % of all who start ever stay to see real results.

When knowing something is hard would you insist on Shouting, Forcing, and using Correction to Promote or would you stay and Guide, Spot and Share your troubles in giving the person him/her the encouragement they need.

If Shouting would have made the kids stay in Church and Behave better than yes use that type of Correction.

In this case Sgt was using anger to guide His Emotions to Shouting at them.

Correction is Real when the end result is Being Corrected.

Correction is Self Pride and Self Anger in work when no one stands corrected at the end of the day.

Again Dave just my view.

Pleasant Day to you. :wub:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

During service this week several teens were behind me laughing and playing and being loud. It was annoying at the beginning of service, but after awhile it began to make me mad. We were told to raise to our feet and pray for others with injurys, and these teens got loud with thier laughing and actually started to push each other- which resulted into them bumping into our pew , into me..

Im a SGT in the army. I immediatly lost my cool and turned and told them with my out side voice to "STOP ! We are in service- do you mind if we worship?"

which drew the attention of everyone in our side of the room.The mother didnt do so much but give me a dirty look and all the ladies that were in the area are angry with me because i stepped out and did that.

excuses are now being made for them because they havent been in church for awhile and now that they finally went i m the scap goat for why they dont want to go back or even take god seriously.

generally id like to know what do you guys think of this situation, and if i should have been more tactful in my approach? :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm gonna give you my honest feeling on this...they haven't been to church for a while probably more because of how the kids act, uncontrolable. I also feel that nine chances out of ten the parent wouldn't have brought them back anyway after the way they acted...and if that isn't the case then that parent needs to learn that if he/she doesn't disciplin and correct her children its gonna be a long road.

The pastor or ushers should have said something way before these kids started knocking into other peoples seating area. Obviously the parent wasn't going to. You are not responsible for them not wanting to worship...those kids weren't even trying to listen or pay attention...and from the sounds of it have absolutely no respect.

Now I'm not a yeller, never have been, but I can give a good "stop it or else" look :wub:

If these kids do come back then the solution is to seperate them...do not let them sit together all they are going to do is egg each other on. They obviously have deeper problems going on then you yelling at them if they didn't attend church for a while before this. Pray for them. As I will too. I just don't want you to accept total blame for keeping them out of the church.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

[quote name='Bro David