• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1957

hope I'm not interupting....

In my bible studies, this particuar scripture has helped me not only when I witness, but I question

why God would allow evil and evil people to corrupt the world (this is when I am not realizing that

I'm as big a sinner as anyone else, and without the love of Jesus...well....)

anyway, to me the parable is saying that creation is so entertwined that if God WERE to clean it

up again, there would be many that would suffer because of the punishment of the wicked. In his

mercy and wisdom, God will not allow that, but wait until after this phase of life is over before

a judgement is made...

THEN....the 'tares' or evil will be gathered together, just as the 'wheat' or good, will be 'brought in'.

hope this isn't too far off...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Tares are weeds that look exactly like wheat when growing, you can only tell the difference at harvest time. Then the wheat has fruit ( what we call the grain heads) the tare has nothing. But because they grow so closely together, trying to pull up the tares would only displace the wheat. So it only happens at harvest time.

I think this is a wonderful way to descibe most churches today, we can't tell who is a tare or who is wheat in the pews but the gardener sure does know and he's just waiting for the harvest to be full.
What gives you the idea you cant tell who is a tare, either individually or as a whole?

The tares are evident before the harvest, they are just commanded to let them grow together until the harvest. V: 27"The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' 28"And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'

It looks pretty obvious to me.

But we must be careful as to call a tare amongst the wheat, some seem obvious, but there is always that smothering wick, or smoking flask.

V: 29"But he said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.

But, God knows who they are, and He will take care of the separating process at harvest. V: 30'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

hope I'm not interupting....
Not all all.

In my bible studies, this particuar scripture has helped me not only when I witness, but I question

why God would allow evil and evil people to corrupt the world (this is when I am not realizing that

I'm as big a sinner as anyone else, and without the love of Jesus...well....)

Good observation.

anyway, to me the parable is saying that creation is so entertwined that if God WERE to clean it

up again, there would be many that would suffer because of the punishment of the wicked. In his

mercy and wisdom, God will not allow that, but wait until after this phase of life is over before

a judgement is made...

This as other parables is a teaching for us, keep in mind it wasn't God who just realized tares were among the wheat, it was the workers: 27"The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'

You see, until the judgment, both will grow together. It teaches that both the good and bad shall be mixed together in the church, and that those who are faithful believers should arm ourselves with patience and constancy. It teaches constancy because we need to keep on our guard to keep the church pure, so, those tares do not spoil all.

The word repentance is an ugly four letter word to a goat, they usually have 'itching ears' and refuse the whole counsel of Gods word.

They adhere to doctrines that have some truths but not the whole truth.

The part of the cross that demands change and rebirth is offensive to them.

Goats/tares are usually very humanistic and are fine humanitarians, they are also very ecumentical and have a very deceptive 'unity'. This unity comes at the cost of truth.

They'll preach 'love' 'love' 'love', but it's the kind of humanistic love that will see you in hell before it will offer you a grain of life changing truth.

(sorry about the off topic rant)

Don't be sorry that was great! The truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Tares are weeds that look exactly like wheat when growing, you can only tell the difference at harvest time. Then the wheat has fruit ( what we call the grain heads) the tare has nothing. But because they grow so closely together, trying to pull up the tares would only displace the wheat. So it only happens at harvest time.

I think this is a wonderful way to descibe most churches today, we can't tell who is a tare or who is wheat in the pews but the gardener sure does know and he's just waiting for the harvest to be full.
What gives you the idea you cant tell who is a tare, either individually or as a whole?

The tares are evident before the harvest, they are just commanded to let them grow together until the harvest. V: 27"The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' 28"And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?'

But we must be careful as to call a tare amongst the wheat, some seem obvious, but there is always that smothering wick, or smoking flask.

V: 29"But he said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.

But, God knows who they are, and He will take care of the separating process at harvest. V: 30'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

:whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget the original direction that the thread started with:

"bundling"?

"gather"?

Go Back to Page 1....it's worth a look!

:whistling:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I think this is a wonderful way to decibel most churches today, we can't tell who is a tare or who is wheat in the pews but the gardener sure does know and he's just waiting for the harvest to be full.

But we must be careful as to call a tare among st the wheat, some seem obvious, but there is always that smothering wick, or smoking flask.

But, God knows who they are, and He will take care of the separating process at harvest. V: allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

You have made a good point Dennis. But I have done alot of research the the tares and all of my research has told me that the tares look just like the wheat until harvest time when the fruit of the tares turn black and reveal their true colors. Indeed that could be exactly what the servants are speaking of. We have no idea at what point in the growing period of the crop the servants discovered the tares because the bible does not tell us and to say that the tares reveal themselves before the harvest time is simply an assumption with no biblical back up. When a crop of wheat is beginning to ripen just before the time of harvest some wheat will ripen before the rest of the crop and even though they will ripen earlier then the rest of the crop they will still be good when enough of the crop is ripened enough to harvest the whole field and the tares are no exception. When the tares are begining to ripen they to have some that will ripen early and the friut of the tare turns black at harvest time and is poisones. The reason the master said not to gather the tares out from among the wheat is because the roots of both the wheat and the tares are all interlocked together so that if you were to pull up a tare you would also pull up one or more wheat. Which means that the tares have been growing long enough for their roots to be tangled up with the roots of the wheat. Again that means that pulling up one would pull up the other and Christ does not want to pull up the good with the wicked which is why He is waiting until the Resurrection before He separates the wheat from the tares IE the wicked from the blessed. If you were to pull up the wheat with the tares and replant the wheat it will still die because after you have untangled the roots of the wheat from the roots of the tares you will have damaged the roots of the wheat.

The wisdom here is that there are in every church wheat and tares that are growing in the church side by side and all people who attend church claim to be true born again Christians. But some are not true born again Christians. They look like you and me, the pray, they cry, they act right and they are very deceptive and have wickedness in their hearts which you nor I can see. But Christ can.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ken Rank

I think that is a well done statement. Scripture affirms this with warnings of "wolves in sheeps clothing" and such. In Revelation we even see those who say "Lord Lord" whom Messiah does not even know. Yes, we need to seek discernment in this area. But in the end, when the system (whatever it ends up being) is in place and we will not be able to buy or sell because we see the system for what it is... you most certainly can tell the difference between wheat and tares.

I have always used these verses (and others) to say that in case of rapture... I hope my car is still manned! Tares going before the wheat, kind of puts a dent in the idea that believers go first, huh?

And while I still believe that, this parable is actually speaking of a literal people. This parable is speaking about the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, the Northern Kingdom.(into whom we are grafted into) The good seed (children of the kingdom) scattered into the field ( the world/nations after captivity, still living in dispersion as we speak) by the master of the field (Son of Man, God in the flesh)are growing together in the world among the tares (children of the wicked one) and will be harvested (awakened and brought back into the Kingdom- Ezekiel 37, all of Hosea, Deut. 30, Jer 31:31-34, etc) by the reapers (angels, see also Matt. 24).

Peace.

Ken

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I think that is a well done statement. Scripture affirms this with warnings of "wolves in sheeps clothing" and such. In Revelation we even see those who say "Lord Lord" whom Messiah does not even know. Yes, we need to seek discernment in this area. But in the end, when the system (whatever it ends up being) is in place and we will not be able to buy or sell because we see the system for what it is... you most certainly can tell the difference between wheat and tares.

I have always used these verses (and others) to say that in case of rapture... I hope my car is still manned! Tares going before the wheat, kind of puts a dent in the idea that believers go first, huh?

And while I still believe that, this parable is actually speaking of a literal people. This parable is speaking about the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, the Northern Kingdom.(into whom we are grafted into) The good seed (children of the kingdom) scattered into the field ( the world/nations after captivity, still living in dispersion as we speak) by the master of the field (Son of Man, God in the flesh)are growing together in the world among the tares (children of the wicked one) and will be harvested (awakened and brought back into the Kingdom- Ezekiel 37, all of Hosea, Deut. 30, Jer 31:31-34, etc) by the reapers (angels, see also Matt. 24).

Peace.

Ken

Except for the fact that "tares" do have friut but turn black and are poisonous or bitter. So the statment might be well done but very wrong. According to my Greek English lexicon and several other study tools the tares are "a kind of darnel, bastard wheat that resembles wheat except that the grains are black which are not revealed until harvest time.

Guest Ken Rank
Except for the fact that "tares" do have friut but turn black and are poisonous or bitter. So the statment might be well done but very wrong. According to my Greek English lexicon and several other study tools the tares are "a kind of darnel, bastard wheat that resembles wheat except that the grains are black which are not revealed until harvest time.

True enough, but they still grow "together" with the wheat until the time of harvest.

Peace.

Ken