• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

The sword that Jesus came to bring is between believers and unbelievers, not between brothers and sisters in Christ, who are told to be of one mind.

But 90% of schisms ars over what you just said, when a church chooses to adhere to heretical and antigospel ideas, the pure sheep schisms off with the True Gospel to preserve the Church. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

19 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

But 90% of schisms ars over what you just said, when a church chooses to adhere to heretical and antigospel ideas, the pure sheep schisms off with the True Gospel to preserve the Church. 

No: the schismatics are the heretics, not the true believers.  Whenever an individual, or a group, moves away from the gospel and there is a split, it is the heretics who have split from the body of Christ, to form some kind of false religion.

15 hours ago, David1701 said:

No: the schismatics are the heretics, not the true believers.  Whenever an individual, or a group, moves away from the gospel and there is a split, it is the heretics who have split from the body of Christ, to form some kind of false religion.

So then do you believe the Roman Catholics are true believers and the Reformed Christians that broke off or schismed are heretics? 

7 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

So then do you believe the Roman Catholics are true believers and the Reformed Christians that broke off or schismed are heretics? 

God saved many, many previously unsaved Roman Catholics, who became Reformers.  What the Reformers broke off from was the Whore of Babylon, not a Christian assembly.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

Here is the only Church I am One of in the Body of Christ :)

(Col 1:24)  Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

1Co 12:12  For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 
1Co 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 
1Co 12:14  For the body is not one member, but many. 

We are of the "cloud" of witnesses!

Heb 12:1  Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 
Heb 12:2  looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Here is where I live!

Heb 12:22  but ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable hosts of angels, 
Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  and to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood...

As fulfilled to us, the promises to Israel;

(Psa 2:6)  Yet I have set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psa 132:13  For the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation: 
Psa 132:14  "This is my resting place for ever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it. 
Psa 132:15  I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor with bread. 
Psa 132:16  Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy. 
Psa 132:17  There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed. 
Psa 132:18  His enemies I will clothe with shame, but upon himself his crown will shed its luster." 

Thank you Jesus King of Israel, our Lord and our God!

14 hours ago, David1701 said:

God saved many, many previously unsaved Roman Catholics, who became Reformers.  What the Reformers broke off from was the Whore of Babylon, not a Christian assembly.

What of the Charismatic Catholic Renewal? They anadon Marian worship, and saints, preaching Christ. 

• Oy Vey! 1

7 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

What of the Charismatic Catholic Renewal? They anadon Marian worship, and saints, preaching Christ. 

LOL!

I was part of a Baptist congregation, in Edinburgh, in the late 1980s.  There was an ecumenical meeting that the young people went to (I was part of the young people's group) and there was a Catholic Charismatic group in attendance.  A couple of us spoke with them and I distinctly remember one of our group coming back, after a fairly lengthy chat, saying that they were not saved.  He had gone to speak with them assuming that they were Christians.

They were talking about praying to Mary in tongues and about how things like the rosary and their relationship with Mary had become more real to them, since becoming Charismatic.

I decided to see what the official RC position was on the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, so I bought a book by Cardinal Suenens, who was in charge of it, at the time.  He wrote about ... praying to Mary in tongues and about the RC rituals becoming "more real", about emotions and visions and healings; but not about the biblical gospel and certainly not about departing from the heresies of Romanism.

16 hours ago, David1701 said:

LOL!

I was part of a Baptist congregation, in Edinburgh, in the late 1980s.  There was an ecumenical meeting that the young people went to (I was part of the young people's group) and there was a Catholic Charismatic group in attendance.  A couple of us spoke with them and I distinctly remember one of our group coming back, after a fairly lengthy chat, saying that they were not saved.  He had gone to speak with them assuming that they were Christians.

They were talking about praying to Mary in tongues and about how things like the rosary and their relationship with Mary had become more real to them, since becoming Charismatic.

I decided to see what the official RC position was on the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, so I bought a book by Cardinal Suenens, who was in charge of it, at the time.  He wrote about ... praying to Mary in tongues and about the RC rituals becoming "more real", about emotions and visions and healings; but not about the biblical gospel and certainly not about departing from the heresies of Romanism.

How does one decide someone is or isn’t saved? Were they using Romans 10:9-10 and John 2:16-18 as the tests? 

6 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

How does one decide someone is or isn’t saved? Were they using Romans 10:9-10 and John 2:16-18 as the tests? 

He based it on their complete lack of understanding of the gospel, their idolatry of Mary and their lack of testimony as to how they were saved.

4 hours ago, David1701 said:

He based it on their complete lack of understanding of the gospel, their idolatry of Mary and their lack of testimony as to how they were saved.

Hmm, The Charismatic Catholics I’ve met believe saved by grace through faith in Christ alone and have denounced the Cult of the Virgin Mary.  

Edited by Fidei Defensor