Husband claims to have the Priesthood

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1Pe 3:1  NKJV   Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives,

Give him the respect to not try to teach him or correct him.  That is God's job.  Yours is to quietly love and honor him as your husband, respecting his authority except where it contradicts Scripture.  Jesus is your Lord and Master.  Accept your husbandas he is.  God does, and He will eventually clean him up.  Just put him in God's hands and leave him there.  Meanwhile, try to enjoy him.  Something attracted you to him in the beginning.  

However, I am not advocating that you  be a doormat.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

15 minutes ago, Willa said:

However, I am not advocating that you  be a doormat.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

and, no, I am no longer a doormat for my husband, I am now much more confident and strong with Jesus beside me. My husband doesn't like that I stand up for myself now, but we work things through a lot better in the long run.

- mlb

• Praise God! 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/17/2019 at 7:30 PM, lovethelord said:

I’ve told him, how can you claim to have the priesthood when you haven’t been to a church since you were 13 years old?  You don’t read or own a bible and don’t even want to go to church and don’t believe that Jesus is Lord like I do?

You make good observations. It will put him in more understanding on his spiritual level. He should be naturally the head but at the same time it is supposed to be emotionally supportive and caring towards you and give his life to please you. You have to also keep praying on it, and feed him spiritual snacks every once in a while. You feed him to much and he will spit it out, you feed him too little and he will not be satisfied with what your feeding him, he wont get anything from it. I wish you good luck.