Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Please......please, read Romans 14......enjoy your Sabbath, refrain from certain foods if it makes you feel better....just agree with Paul and-let the world know you are a  “ weak Believer”, please don’t try to insist that others follow in your steps......I pray that Newbies read that chapter and take it to heart...

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

7 hours ago, Betha said:

But that does not 'do away with the need for Sabbath. 

The Sabbath was made for man to rest.  

JLB 

7 hours ago, Betha said:

Sabbath-Rest refers to OUR OWN WORKs/doing what WE want to do....it does not negate the good works of God.

We are love God and love our neighbor every day of the week, not just on the Sabbath. 

Please post the scriptures, where Jesus or His Apostles, instructed the Church as to how to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.  

JLB 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, Betha said:

Sure we are to 'love God and Neighbour every day ....i have already said so ! but do you know HOW to  show 'this love' ? 

Traditional christians quote this a lot but they have no interest in doing it the way GOD SHOWS AND INSTRUCTS.....they just want to 'love their own way.  To DO it GOD's way they would have to  Repent and make some changes !

As i have already tried to explain we do not receive 'verbal commands in the NT, but are rather expected to FOLLOW EXAMPLES of our own free choice. No one is forced into anything, but this freedom to choose for yourself does not give us licence to sin or be disobedient Rom 6. I could say so much more but there is no point if GOD's weekly school-day is ignored and rejected.. Tell me, what would you learn if you refuse instruction that has it's beginning in the OT ? 

Agreed. "If you love Me keep My Commandments". OOPS, but that means I can decide for myself what laws to keep and how to keep them since God is meek and mild etc., ad nauseum.

Very few I observe even know what the Tanach is all about since they are taught it is obsolete and to be largely ignored. We might sing psalms, but we never really understand how CLOSE David was to the Lord and how much he deeply understood God's ways and the history of His dealing down thru the ages.

I would think that unless you see the MANY mentions of Yeshua and the Godhead in the Tanach, you will not fully appreciate the apostles' writings or the geographical implications of the Pentecost event. All designed and planned from before the world began and well outlined in the Tanach as God laid out His plans for regathering the nations and bringing back the lost tribes.

24 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yes, obedience to God and Christ seems to have no recognition in todays  christianity....people manipulate them to their own understanding....they are good at paying  LIPSERVICE but NOT DOING  Lk 6v46. Gentle Jesus meek and mild is their teaching....they forget He is returning with a 2edged sword, as a Lion.....why ? because man has not been practising what He told them to do in His absence, no....all like sheep they have gone astray !  And now He is returning to 'cut away all UNGODLINESS from all nations Rev 19. People 'can't wait for the Lord to return ...but most will have a 'shock coming, not what they expected Zech 14.

This I agree with.

I see an ominous movement here. It began not long after the last apostle died with Antisemitism. This percolated down thru the ages and made most oblivious to the fact that along with the RCC's penchant for amalgamating pagan practices into its methods, the 'adaptation' of certain scriptures helped principalities to effect greater control over the masses. Masses that for a long time that were forbidden to even read the scriptures. That task was carefully given to the 'church masters' and the chosen ones to 'protect' their self-serving doctrines.

About 150-200 AD the 'church' was so infiltrated with error that major conventions were organized to promote and propel this down thru the ages. The adversary was now in large part running the show. The wicked excesses that have been since documented reveal these horrific facts.
Most Christians, thus labeled carefully, have no clue about all this and innocently promote falsehood thinking they do the Lord's work.
In spite of this massive delusion, the Lord God still will pick and choose certain people that He sees as being genuine in spite of the silly ideas they have. God is very, very patient and long suffering. More power and Glory to Him Who is Able...

Nevertheless, like a mass cultist movement, it is very difficult to relate to these believers that are so sure of their wrong-headedness. It is almost beyond imagining how one might de-program these brothers and sisters. They will fight tooth and nail, calling you all kinds of things, just to justify their faulty understanding.

It boggles my mind, so often I say very little and keep my counsel.

Edited by Justin Adams

1 minute ago, Betha said:

Yes, we speak with ONE mind and understand each other well....what a Blessing ! So sad this can't be concerning all....but we must give the Lord time to finish His work. Patience and longsuffering are a godly virtue ! 

UGH. Yes!! God grant me the... and to be able to tell the difference.

4 hours ago, Betha said:

Sure we are to 'love God and Neighbour every day ....i have already said so ! but do you know HOW to  show 'this love' ? 

Yes, we show this love by giving.

Giving a person some food who is hungry.

Giving a person who is thirsty some water to drink.

Giving a person who is cold some clothing. 

Giving people who are in need, what they need.

When we do these things to a person we have done them to Christ Himself.

JLB 

4 hours ago, Betha said:

Traditional christians quote this a lot but they have no interest in doing it the way GOD SHOWS AND INSTRUCTS.....they just want to 'love their own way.  To DO it GOD's way they would have to  Repent and make some changes !

As i have already tried to explain we do not receive 'verbal commands in the NT, but are rather expected to FOLLOW EXAMPLES of our own free choice. No one is forced into anything, but this freedom to choose for yourself does not give us licence to sin or be disobedient Rom 6. I could say so much more but there is no point if GOD's weekly school-day is ignored and rejected.. Tell me, what would you learn if you refuse instruction that has it's beginning in the OT ? 

In a nutshell, we love God by obeying Him to love our neighbor.

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.                        1 John 4:20-21

JLB

32 minutes ago, Betha said:

That is certainly true and fulfils the second Commandment IF we are actually capable of doing it.....most times we only THINK we are - because the truth is that we are INcapable of loving everyone correctly UNTIL we are 'right with GOD first and fulfil the FIRST 4.  COmmandments.....because the 2nd does NOT REPLACE the 1st....they are 2 DISTINCT Commands that must INTERACT with each other.

The way we obey the commandment to love God, is by obeying His command to love our neighbor. 

-  for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also. 1 John 4:20-21

JLB

15 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yes, also partly true but only in a PHYSICAL sense relating to each other. There is still the SPIRITUAL aspect of personally interacting with God ! The difference is 'do we want just a friend to friend relationship with God......or a intimate holy MARITAL relationship ? Do we want to be the BRIDE of Christ or just a guest at the wedding ? We have been 'espoused to one husband 2Cor 11v2 - or ???    If we are to become ONE with Him we need to opt for Holiness as He is Holy....and it starts with sharing in HIS Holy Day !   

My answer was given in response to your question about “how we are to love”. 

Now your adding something about holiness?

JLB