• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

OSAS, and Pre-Trib Rapture, are two of the most popular false doctrines being spread by churches. 

Preterism is also another. 

JLB 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, JLB said:

OSAS, and Pre-Trib Rapture, are two of the most popular false doctrines being spread by churches. 

Preterism is also another. 

JLB 

Jesus would disagree....” Go in peace- your faith has saved you” he told the woman.No further instructions were given...no do do this or don’t do that.....she had passed the test...she believed Jesus was who He said He was....Faith in Jesus- plus NOTHING.

“ they that believe in me HATH Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under condemnation”  Some feel compelled to complicate what a 5 year old could understand .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

11 hours ago, JLB said:

I agree with most of this, however, without repenting we are not saved. 

Repent means to turn to God in submission to Him as Lord.

Repent is about changing the kingdom you are in by changing who your Lord is. 

If we are called to repent, turn to God, then by default we are called to turn away from Satan as our Lord and master. 

Our Master is the one we obey. 

Here is the Gospel that Jesus commissioned Paul to preach.

• that they should repent, turn to God

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ 

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:16-20

JLB

Word meanings are vital.... you just can’t take a word and stretch it to encompass your philosophy,  no matter how pleasing it sounds.....Repentance means to “ change your mind”.Nothing more, nothing less.The Gospel is 1 Cor15:1-4. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’ll say it again for the hundredth time....nobody is more insistent on repentance than I. “ Lest ye REPENT, you shall all perish” The men Jesus told this to  we’re lost sinners . What would it take to make them Saved sinners ? “ Repentance towards God , with faith in Christ”.... nothing more,nothing less. Turn to God as a lost sinner( you previously thought you were OK....you “ changed your mind” about that— you realize and own up to the fact that you are a wretched sinner in God’s eyes and need a Savior) and then turn to the Truth of the ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL  ( lots of good news in the Bible, That does not make it THE Good News) which is Jesus died for our sins and He rose from the dead .Nothing more,nothing less.Jesus has promised if you believe that and don’t add anything to the free Grace embedded within it ( law cancels grace) you will be saved.Jesus plus NOTHING for Salvation. You believe that Gospel, God puts His Spirit in you and HE finishes the work that He started to confirm you into the image of His Son.You give up “ trying to be saved” to “ trusting to be saved”. “ The righteous shall LIVE by faith”

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:16-20

To perform “ good works” Is the second main thing about Christianity.The first being to keep us from going to the Hell that we deserve. It is not about becoming  a “ Good Neighbor Sam” It’s about repenting ( turning to God as a lost sinner) putting your faith in Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus in person ,and then God will put His Holy Spirit in you and all the “ good works” you will ever need will occur naturally as that Spirit works THROUGH you.You will find yourself doing the good works that please God without having to try so hard .These good works do not save or keep you saved .....they are the works of the Holy Spirit AFTER Salvation.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus would disagree....” Go in peace- your faith has saved you” he told the woman.No further instructions were given...no do do this or don’t do that.....she had passed the test...she believed Jesus was who He said He was....Faith in Jesus- plus NOTHING.

“ they that believe in me HATH Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under condemnation”  Some feel compelled to complicate what a 5 year old could understand .

Go your way your faith has made you whole. She was healed of the issue of blood, because she obeyed the word of faith in her heart.

JLB 

12 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Word meanings are vital.... you just can’t take a word and stretch it to encompass your philosophy,  no matter how pleasing it sounds.....Repentance means to “ change your mind”.Nothing more, nothing less.The Gospel is 1 Cor15:1-4. Nothing more, nothing less.

Words are vital. You can’t just distort the biblical meaning of a word, no matter how much it exposes your unbiblical theology. 

Again, I gave the biblical meaning of the word repent as it was used by Paul and Jesus, when Jesus commissioned Paul to go and preach the Gospel of the Kingdom.

The words of Christ to Paul -

• in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:16-18

Paul’s response -

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.     Acts 26:19-20

• that they should repent, turn to God

Repent, in context to the Gospel, means TURN TO GOD.

As it is plainly written in the scriptures.

JLB 

12 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Gospel is 1 Cor15:1-4. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ -

Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 4:1

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, that He sent His disciples to preach.

And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits. He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts— but to wear sandals, and not to put on two tunics.
Also He said to them, “In whatever place you enter a house, stay there till you depart from that place. And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”
So they went out and preached that people should repent.            Mark 6:7-12

• So they went out and preached that people should repent.

The Gospel of the Kingdom of God that would be preached in the last days before His coming  

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

Please show me from the context of the Gospels or Acts, where a Gospel other that Repent is preached. 

If it doesn’t have Repent, (turn to God) it’s not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

The Gospel to the Gentiles as recounted, by the Jews who went with Peter to the house of Cornelius.

Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?”
When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.” Acts 11:16-18

Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.

Repent means to turn to God, which by default means turn away from Satan as Lord.

The way we do this is by confessing Jesus as Lord. 

This is obeying the Gospel command to repent.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

• with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

JLB

28 minutes ago, JLB said:

Go your way your faith has made you whole. She was healed of the issue of blood, because she obeyed the word of faith in her heart.

JLB 

I think we are talking about two different women

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think we are talking about two different women

The woman that I used is from the scripture I quoted in          Matthew 9:20-22

And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.” But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour. Matthew 9:20-22

JLB

I am speaking of the woman who came in , uninvited, to the home of a Pharisee and fell to Jesus feet in worship......she anointed His feet with valuable perfume, and wiped her tears with her hair....Jesus forgave and told her her faith had saved her.....faith plus NOTHING 

24 minutes ago, JLB said:

The Gospel of Jesus Christ -

Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 4:1

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, that He sent His disciples to preach.

And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits. He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts— but to wear sandals, and not to put on two tunics.
Also He said to them, “In whatever place you enter a house, stay there till you depart from that place. And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”
So they went out and preached that people should repent.            Mark 6:7-12

• So they went out and preached that people should repent.

The Gospel of the Kingdom of God that would be preached in the last days before His coming  

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

Please show me from the context of the Gospels or Acts, where a Gospel other that Repent is preached. 

If it doesn’t have Repent, (turn to God) it’s not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

The Gospel to the Gentiles as recounted, by the Jews who went with Peter to the house of Cornelius.

Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?”
When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.” Acts 11:16-18

Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.

Repent means to turn to God, which by default means turn away from Satan as Lord.

The way we do this is by confessing Jesus as Lord. 

This is obeying the Gospel command to repent.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

• with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

JLB

why the restrictions? You are excluding All of Paul’s writings .....I would think that the man that Jesus chose to reveal the Gospel Of Grace That saves us  1cor15:1-4  would be VERY pertinent to this discussion....please answer this so I can proceed...