Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Worship Warriors

Exceedingly great and precious promises

Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2019 at 2:56 AM, Worship Warriors said:

I have found that the best way to keep my faith strong during the waiting period is to sing songs that are so FULL of the word of God.  This is the confession of my faith. And when the anointing of the holy spirit comes upon the song, it takes me to a new level of faith energized again to run the race and fight the good fight of faith

Wonderful words!

I'm curious, what genre of Christian worship do you enjoy that is "Full of the word of God"? Musically I have always inclined towards Chris Tomlin/Watermark type stuff, but what excels at sincerity and devotion also often lacks in scripture-heavy content, and this is what true New Testament worship songs contained (Colossians 3:16). I know the hymns still contain fairly scripture-heavy content, only I've just never been much for the music.   

I'm guessing by your site name that you may have posted some of the stuff you worship to already. Maybe you can provide a link? Just curious as to what you were referring to by "songs that are full of the word of God."

Blessings in Christ, and enjoyed your post.   

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Not me said:

I don’t think name calling is very Christian like,  that being said. To the points you raised;

I never said that the fear of the Lord was from the devil, I said fear is from the evil one. (devil)

But to the issue I think your questioning is, my definition of what the “fear of the Lord” means.

God is love and He wants none of His children to be afraid of Him. There is no fear in Heaven because there is no fear in the Divine Nature. As Christians the Divine Nature has been birthed in us. This Divine Nature has no fear of God, because it always does what pleases God.  Therefore the “fear of the Lord” is something only the fallen nature can experience. For the Divine Nature is that in us that sins not. Therefore the fear of the Lord is as I stated in my post the fear of not doing something (pleasing God) which is only something the fallen nature can do. The fear of the Lord is not being afraid of God. 

“For perfect love casts out fear”

So the closer we get to this one that is perfect love the less fear will we know. 

For fear is the beginning of wisdom but only the beginning. We are to move away from it to love. 

Anyways, have a great day. And if your thoughts are different. As long as that’s what the peace of Christ in your heart is teaching you I wish you all good things in Christ. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

 

We ourselves are not the divine nature...we are created beings and as such we will fear the Lord always...that's the actual encounter with God and what that produces. God is fearsome. Paul says...don't be high-minded...but fear. This is wise counsel from someone who actually encountered the Lord.

 

So this is not about a divine or fallen nature. It is about the living God and His creation. A much higher level of encounter.

 

Those who have been before the Lord know that fear.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pekoudah said:

We ourselves are not the divine nature...we are created beings and as such we will fear the Lord always...that's the actual encounter with God and what that produces. God is fearsome. Paul says...don't be high-minded...but fear. This is wise counsel from someone who actually encountered the Lord.

 

So this is not about a divine or fallen nature. It is about the living God and His creation. A much higher level of encounter.

 

Those who have been before the Lord know that fear. And the fear of the Lord remains the beginning of wisdom. In this world or the next the presence of God will bring fear..because of how great He is. He is a righteous judge without any favoritism whatsoever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pekoudah said:

We ourselves are not the divine nature...we are created beings and as such we will fear the Lord always...that's the actual encounter with God and what that produces. God is fearsome. Paul says...don't be high-minded...but fear. This is wise counsel from someone who actually encountered the Lord.

 

So this is not about a divine or fallen nature. It is about the living God and His creation. A much higher level of encounter.

 

Those who have been before the Lord know that fear.

Scripture says;

2 Peter 1:4 (NASB)
For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

If for whatever reason you do not think you have been made partakers of the Divine Nature there’s really no point in trying to convince you.... so I will leave you to the grace of God and His love for you. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Not me said:

Scripture says;

2 Peter 1:4 (NASB)
For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

If for whatever reason you do not think you have been made partakers of the Divine Nature there’s really no point in trying to convince you.... so I will leave you to the grace of God and His love for you. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

I believe pekoudah is speaking about provisions in order. 

The reverence{fear of the Lord is remembered by the meek even after tasting the Divine Nature.

Recall how ole sh'aul in humility spoke of the thorn of his past.

With even further reflection. Consider what The Holy One Yeshua spoke of concerning those who, "will not taste death"!

Blessing Always

Edited by pinacled
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pinacled said:

I believe pekoudah is speaking about provisions in order

The reverence{fear of the Lord is remembered by the meek even after tasting the Divine Nature.

Recall how ole sh'aul in humility spoke of the thorn of his past.

With even further reflection. Consider what The Holy One Yeshua spoke of concerning those who, "will not taste death"!

Blessing Always

Thanks for trying to be a peacemaker. 

I believe it was my definition of what the “fear of the Lord” was that he objected to. 

But I might mention we don’t “taste of the Divine Nature” as Christians we have been born again. And that born again is not just a turn of phrase. It is a real life that has come to birth in us that wasn’t there before. And that new birth is as it were a spark of the Divine Nature. It is God’s  Nature being birthed in us. It is this that sins not. It is this that is not afraid of God. For it can not fear for only one that can sin can fear for the perfection of the Divine Nature has no disorder in it and fear only comes from something not being as it should be or disorder, for only unrighteousness brings in disorder. 

Now reverence and respect and love for God are all aspects of Divine worship but in them there is no fear.... All fear has been casted out by perfect love. 

For in Heaven the Divine Nature rules in all creatures which is sinless, therefore free from all disorder.  

But I might add;

“Blessed are the peace makers for they shall see God.”

Blessings, peace maker. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, Not me said:

Hi, if you would allow me to address this. 

All the promises of the scriptures, in Christ are yea and amen. And all the truths of scripture apply to all peoples. For truth is truth there are no versions of truth. There may be a incomplete understanding, but that doesn’t change the truth. 

This is why God gave us these promises, so that they might be an anchor for our souls. Thereby giving us peace and security. There is  no such thing as “vainly believing the truth of scripture”

So yes with confidence of heart you may trust the scriptures when they put forth a promise and a truth and these are for you, but not just for you but for all that would embrace them. 

I see where your heart would have feared greatly if you were to believe all things in scripture were not for you. But that was not the fear of God. That is the fear that comes in when your heart believes a falsehood. For the truths and promises of God always bring in joy and peace, never fear to those who’s hearts are after Him. For fear comes from the evil one. For the fear of the Lord can only be experienced by that creature that would live contrary to God. Walking in the fear of God is like you being madly in love with someone. Would you fear that person? No.  But you would fear not doing something that would  please them. God does not want you to be afraid of Him. But fear not pleasing Him. God is love and only love. And His heart towards all people is the same. 

“For He that gave us Christ Jesus will He not freely give us all things?”

Hope this helps with your understanding of the fear of the Lord. For fear is bondage and God would have His children live in perfect freedom. 

Ask God about this if there’s any reservations, for He is love and only wants His beloved to experience His love. 

No one has called you names or judged you. If someone knew the fear of the Lord, and tried to persuade men, and had experiential knowledge of and revelation from God, I would hope we would be persuaded. Or at least consider the scriptures presented. I have prayed that both of our eyes would be open to see what God has said concerning the fear of the Lord.

I didn't say 'vainly believing the truth of scriptures'...you left out 'automatically applied'. And I didn't say that my heart feared greatly because I feared that all things in scripture weren't for me.

When I read the meat of the Word in this brother's post, God in His mercy showed me where I really was, and it wasn't where I thought I was, and I shook; the delusions, hypocrisy and religious scaffolding came down. To the glory of God.

Heaven is my throne says Adonai, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house could you build for me? What sort of place could you devise for my rest? Didn't I myself make all these things? This is how they all came to be.

says Adonai,

The kind of person on whom I look with favor, is one with a poor and humble spirit, who trembles at my word. Isa 66:1-2

 

 

 

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, In Him said:

No one has called you names or judged you. If someone knew the fear of the Lord, and tried to persuade men, and had experiential knowledge of and revelation from God, I would hope we would be persuaded. Or at least consider the scriptures presented. I have prayed that both of our eyes would be open to see what God has said concerning the fear of the Lord.

I didn't say 'vainly believing the truth of scriptures'...you left out 'automatically applied'. And I didn't say that my heart feared greatly because I feared that all things in scripture weren't for me.

When I read the meat of the Word in this brother's post, God in His mercy showed me where I really was, and it wasn't where I thought I was, and I shook; the delusions, hypocrisy and religious scaffolding came down. To the glory of God.

Heaven is my throne says Adonai, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house could you build for me? What sort of place could you devise for my rest? Didn't I myself make all these things? This is how they all came to be.

says Adonai,

The kind of person on whom I look with favor, is one with a poor and humble spirit, who trembles at my word. Isa 66:1-2

I am quite sure you are aware, as everybody else can read, the how and the why I said calling names is not very Christian like... for it isn’t.

But to the main point of your post. Sorry if I didn’t quote your statement in it’s entirety, here it is; 

were ‘living’ and all the scaffolding that you had built around you came crumbling down because you vainly imagined(believed certain truths in the Bible automatically applied to 

you and you ‘claimed’ them just because ‘it was written’ and you fiercely desired them? Enter my first experience of the fear of God. 

To which I wrote and addressed my response. The word “automatically” I did not post because it would not have changed my response. For all God’s promises in scripture automatically become the believers  as soon as they become saved (born again or made partakers of the Divine Nature) all being the same thing. 
 
“in Him are all the promises of God yea and amen”

But as far as to whom you listen too, that is totally your call. It is not my place to judge concerning another's faith. I can only, as scripture tells us to,  judge them by their fruits, as all should judge me by.

So I only wish for your growth in Christ, as with all believers, I wish your relationship with Christ all good things and may it grow and abound in you so you might have such a joy and security and peace your face would shine like the face of Moses did. 

So to Him do we look with our hope in God alone. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Not me said:

So to Him do we look with our hope in God alone. 

Amen. Thus said the Lord: Cursed is he that trusts in man, who makes mere flesh his strength, and turns his thoughts from the LORD.

Blessed is he who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD alone. Jere 17:5,7

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...