• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/1/2019 at 8:48 AM, LadyKay said:

What News station do you watch. 

Fox News

I also have had the misfortune of watching cnn here and there (only station on the TV at some public places I visit). I can barely stomach them. They have NOTHING good to say about Trump. The implication that Trump cannot do anything right is a LIE

they nitpick everything he does and says and pass judgment on him.

they are a mouthpiece for the DNC and other crazy far-lefties.. most of whom just want to keep baby killing legal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, createdequal said:

They have NOTHING good to say about Trump.

No offence, but if you are only willing to hear the "good" things about Trump; you are not getting the whole story.  Every president has had good and bad things they have done. Or maybe mistakes is a better word to use. Even presidents that I have liked have done things here and there that I would disagree with.  No one is perfect. 

Fox News

That explains a lot. But when Trump said "FOX isn't working for us anymore" in his Tweet.  That FOX News guy(I don't know his name) gave Trump a good tongue lashing. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 8/31/2019 at 4:27 PM, createdequal said:

Oh my.. you obviously only watch Corrupt Not-News station (as I call it, aka cnn) and others who  couldn't care less about their boss, the DNC, throwing the 16 election because they wanted crooked hillary to win, and so, of course do not bring their viewers any of those stories about Strozk and Page and etc... well, if you haven't been following those stories and it looks like you haven't.. you are WAY behind and I don't have the time to spell it out here. It would take a book sized post..

Better yet, you could read the book The Russia Hoax by Gregg Jarrett

I actually don't watch CNN on a regular basis. Mostly because I don't have a TV. It's sort of funny how you jump on the idea that I watch CNN without evidence, which is kind of the point I was making earlier. I mostly read pieces by members of the Associated Press. In terms of public broadcasters the BBC, CSPAN and PBS are pretty decent and if I do watch news online I prefer them. Regarding Strozk and Page, they had an affair and were immediately fired from the Muller investigation. A subsequent Office of the Inspector General's 2018 investigation (while Trump was President) criticized them for the appearance of impropriety but found no professional misconduct. There has actually been a lot of fact checking on Jarrett's books (in particular his book on the Russian interference in our elections) which found a lot of his claims and arguments to be misleading to blatantly false at some points. See the non-partisan politifact analysis for more information. 

More amusingly, this is the only issue you appear to take me up on. You are not disputing the problems caused by our continued selling of weapons to the Saudis, the trade war with China or Trump's comments in Helsinki. This is not to mention the personal issues and other political matters I mentioned previously. 

To me, it appears that you are immediately lashing out with an assumption (that I watch a certain news network) with no prior knowledge of me or my political viewpoint.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, ChessPlayer said:

I actually don't watch CNN on a regular basis. Mostly because I don't have a TV. It's sort of funny how you jump on the idea that I watch CNN without evidence, which is kind of the point I was making earlier. I mostly read pieces by members of the Associated Press. In terms of public broadcasters the BBC, CSPAN and PBS are pretty decent and if I do watch news online I prefer them. Regarding Strozk and Page, they had an affair and were immediately fired from the Muller investigation. A subsequent Office of the Inspector General's 2018 investigation (while Trump was President) criticized them for the appearance of impropriety but found no professional misconduct. There has actually been a lot of fact checking on Jarrett's books (in particular his book on the Russian interference in our elections) which found a lot of his claims and arguments to be misleading to blatantly false at some points. See the non-partisan politifact analysis for more information. 

More amusingly, this is the only issue you appear to take me up on. You are not disputing the problems caused by our continued selling of weapons to the Saudis, the trade war with China or Trump's comments in Helsinki. This is not to mention the personal issues and other political matters I mentioned previously. 

To me, it appears that you are immediately lashing out with an assumption (that I watch a certain news network) with no prior knowledge of me or my political viewpoint.

I don't even know which post you are referring to wherein I supposedly accuse you of being a watcher of (what I sometimes call) catty nefarious not-news --aka: cnn

Edited by createdequal

On 9/7/2019 at 3:41 PM, createdequal said:

I don't even know which post you are referring to wherein I supposedly accuse you of being a watcher of (what I sometimes call) catty nefarious not-news --aka: cnn

Please go ahead and check page 3 second post from the bottom (August 31 post). However, again you are sort of just dealing with the small potatoes here once again. You keep going after these small things (news people watch, etc) rather than dealing with the serious policy issues that have been brought up. To me attacking my news diet without knowing it while at the same time not addressing the more serious policy problems is indicative of partisan politics rather than a genuine attempt to analyze policy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:13 PM, ChessPlayer said:

Please go ahead and check page 3 second post from the bottom (August 31 post). However, again you are sort of just dealing with the small potatoes here once again. You keep going after these small things (news people watch, etc) rather than dealing with the serious policy issues that have been brought up. To me attacking my news diet without knowing it while at the same time not addressing the more serious policy problems is indicative of partisan politics rather than a genuine attempt to analyze policy. 

I am too lazy to try to find that post.. Hey, at least I admit it. :)

But in any case, it seems I was sp eaking of someone else when I mentioned or accused someone of watching catty not-news network, though I could be wrong. People do make mistakes. In any case, Vote for Trump 2020!

:)

Edited by createdequal

2 hours ago, createdequal said:

I am too lazy to try to find that post.. Hey, at least I admit it. :)

But in any case, it seems I was sp eaking of someone else when I mentioned or accused someone of watching catty not-news network, though I could be wrong. People do make mistakes. In any case, Vote for Trump 2020!

:)

Well you were clearly referencing me it seems. Either way, you had no evidence of the news diet of anyone but just assumed it to be the case. Additionally, as I mentioned before, that doesn't really bother me. What is slightly more concerning is that you seem unwilling to discuss policy concerns. When you claim that you don't disagree with Trump on anything, that would include policy would it not? If you do agree with him on all those things, would you care to explicate your position on the policy issues I brought up earlier. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, ChessPlayer said:

Well you were clearly referencing me it seems. Either way, you had no evidence of the news diet of anyone but just assumed it to be the case. Additionally, as I mentioned before, that doesn't really bother me. What is slightly more concerning is that you seem unwilling to discuss policy concerns. When you claim that you don't disagree with Trump on anything, that would include policy would it not? If you do agree with him on all those things, would you care to explicate your position on the policy issues I brought up earlier. 

I already said that I don't know as much as I would like about the war in Yemen. I don't comment on things I feel I don't know enough about

On 9/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, createdequal said:

I already said that I don't know as much as I would like about the war in Yemen. I don't comment on things I feel I don't know enough about

That's fine. I won't begrudge anyone for a lack of knowledge on any particular subject. The war in Yemen is really complicated with tons of different factions fighting for control. My point really is that you say that you "don't disagree with Trump on anything." This would include his foreign policy decisions. As you've admitted you aren't entirely sure on some of his foreign policy setups. So perhaps we should avoid such absolutes, especially with politicians. There may be some things about Trump that you like but I would hesitate to support all of his policies especially if you haven't read up on them. For example, as you may be able to guess I don't support Trump's policy with regard to the Saudis. However, I am grateful that he is keeping to his promises to avoid armed conflict especially with regards to Iran and North Korea. Despite his verbose language he does not seem inclined towards military intervention in either case which I believe is a good thing.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

On 9/14/2019 at 6:31 PM, createdequal said:

But in any case, it seems I was sp eaking of someone else when I mentioned or accused someone of watching catty not-news network, though I could be wrong

You were probably referring to that guy behind that tree. If it's surely not you and certainly not me it must be that guy behind that tree.