• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, ladypeartree said:

:D when I look in a mirror I see an old lady .. no idea who she is but she must be a product of a good sense of humour :24:

Are you sure you're looking in a mirror, dear lady? You're not a day past 29 so you might want to make sure it isn't a portrait or painting. ;)

• Haha 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

There's a woman the pharisees wish to stone and there's Jesus, just drawing in the dirt. It also seems humorous of him to walk up on the apostle's boat and freak them out. However, as it says, his ways are not our ways, nor his thoughts our thoughts. Perhaps God does have a sense of humor, but perhaps also, our perception of what is humorous is twisted by the flesh, by the sinful nature within us.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

When you get old, you lose your hair, your teeth, your looks, and your dignity, and all you have left is your sense of humor to deal with the first 4 things I mentioned  :24:.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

16 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

When you get old, you lose your hair, your teeth, your looks, and your dignity, and all you have left is your sense of humor to deal with the first 4 things I mentioned  :24:.

She removed her false teeth, her wig and her glasses, you should have seen the look on my face.

I wanted to hug her, I wanted to kiss her, but her head was scattered all over the place.

Edited by unworthyservant
correct grammer
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God has a sense of humor

I really tend to shy away from statements that tend to attempt to define any of the attributes of God other than those that are given in the scripture. While I believe it is possible that God has some sort of sense of humor (he made me didn't he?) I just don't believe that I'm qualified to endow God with a human trait. When God defined Himself to Moses he said "I am that I am". To me that indicates that we can't even comprehend God with our feeble intellect. Don't mean to throw a wet blanket on a discussion on humor but it's just something I think about.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

:D when I look in a mirror I see an old lady .. no idea who she is but she must be a product of a good sense of humour :24:

Funny you mention that on this particular day...

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

I really tend to shy away from statements that tend to attempt to define any of the attributes of God other than those that are given in the scripture. While I believe it is possible that God has some sort of sense of humor (he made me didn't he?) I just don't believe that I'm qualified to endow God with a human trait. When God defined Himself to Moses he said "I am that I am". To me that indicates that we can't even comprehend God with our feeble intellect. Don't mean to throw a wet blanket on a discussion on humor but it's just something I think about.

The Lord Himself tells us His attributes in our Bibles. It appears the one attribute He wants us to understand the most is that He is Holy. His Holiness is the only attribute repeated three consecutive times for emphasis, in two different places in the Bible. By no means am I trying to endow God with a human trait, but being created in the image of God, and if there is such a thing as a sense of humor, it stands to reason...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The Lord Himself tells us His attributes in our Bibles. It appears the one attribute He wants us to understand the most is that He is Holy. His Holiness is the only attribute repeated three consecutive times for emphasis, in two different places in the Bible. By no means am I trying to endow God with a human trait, but being created in the image of God, and if there is such a thing as a sense of humor, it stands to reason...

Indeed we can reason and I didn't necessarily think you meant to endow God with a trait, I simply mention it as something that bothers me when folks do. The Bible says he is Holy, Righteous, and is LOVE. That's enough for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Why? D2AED31F-FF60-4CF9-BE55-CD7EA9E05D9E.gif.837adc98280b75ee243e9f889d32d7e5.gif

Let's just say I'll never see 66 again... In years, I'm no longer the number of man...

Edited by Dennis1209

1 minute ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Is today, perhaps mind you, your birthday? C712FE97-0A39-42B1-B971-28C6645A3B61.gif.03849284ed53663df23a2d7a71821bf4.gif

I don't wanna say  :D