• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,184
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Barbarian regarding the claim that Newton rejected "atheistic evolution."

That would be impossible for two reasons.    First evolutionary theory is not atheistic.  Darwin, for example, wrote:

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.

Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species

Second, no one in Newton's day knew about evolution.

49 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Materialism and atheism have been around long before Darwin

But evolution was unknown in that time, contrary to your earlier claim, and of course, you just learned that evolutionary theory isn't atheistic; Darwin was a theist when he wrote the theory.

It's dying slowly, as more and more people become aware of the evidence, and because Christians are showing them that evolution is completely consistent with God's creation.    The reaction against this trend has produced the deistic concept of "intelligent design", which has increasingly seduced YE creationists to become deistic in their thinking, with out realizing that it espouses a blind metaphysical necessity to justify its assumptions.

53 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

That is because of the lack of a revival in pretty much the past century.

No, it's because as the evidence for evolution grew, YE creationists turned to deism as a way of presenting a "scientific creationism" and "design."   The intellectual failure of that new religious movement was exposed at the Dover trial, when it was found to be devoid of scientific content.

56 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I once was, yes I was a Christian and going to church I could speak all the right doctrines and recite all the right verses But Jesus was not there. He was in my head, but not in my heart.

Creationism won't bring Him into your heart.  Just open yourself to Him, and let Him in.   Start with telling Him that whatever He did to create the world, you'll accept it His way.   Then you won't be troubled about this, any more.    Set aside your pride and disbelief, and just let it be His way.   It's simple, although many like you find it difficult.     Don't walk away.   Do it today.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.38

14 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

1 Then why not say that ~10 days ago when I first told you that the 2% similarity figure you used was absolutely wrong?

2 What do you have to say about the claim from the essay that atheistic scientists made up the term "junk DNA" because the non-coding DNA was supposedly so different between human and chimp genomes? Remember, the term was first published in 1972, and the first draft of the chimp genome was not published until 2005.

3 Can you see now how the essay was full of fabricated facts, was driven by an agenda, and was intellectually dishonest? This might be easier for you since you can judge the article, not what you have said yourself.

4 I'm not picking on this just to be a jerk, but because I want you to see that this type of behavior exists in young earth creationist circles. And you assumed it was true without checking because it was from "your side" of the discussion.

1 Because I Never looked it up, I assumed you were talking about the article and misunderstanding it.

2 In 1972 they Knew the genes made Humans and apes, But they also knew there was a whole lot more genetic material In the DNA, So they went with the 2% and assumed the rest would be either similar or Junk (Non Coding). That is how I understand this Part of the article.

3 That is still to be determined. I Would appreciate it if you would continue the process on the New Data I put forward. Remember, this material is sourced from the Journal Nature. The Author may be putting his "spin" on the information, just as the Atheist evolutionists have their "spin" on the information. I am curious to hear your "spin".

4 I have been at this a Long time now, so I Expect resistance. You on the other hand are already passing judgment without all the facts. You assume all YEC are out to deceive, when in fact, as the case is here we are out to wake you up from the deception you are under.

I Am sure you feel the opposite way, But Only One side is in accord with the Word of God.  

Just now, The Barbarian said:

But evolution was unknown in that time, contrary to your earlier claim, and of course, you just learned that evolutionary theory isn't atheistic; Darwin was a theist when he wrote the theory.

Your playing word games again. Darwin is anything but a theist. Your definition of theist is wrong.

Just now, The Barbarian said:

Creationism won't bring Him into your heart.  Just open yourself to Him, and let Him in.   Start with telling Him that whatever He did to create the world, you'll accept it His way.   Then you won't be troubled about this, any more.    Set aside your pride and disbelief, and just let it be His way.   It's simple, although many like you find it difficult.     Don't walk away.   Do it today.

Sorry, But you are on the wrong side here, for me to convert to your line of faith would be to turn my back on God and the Word of God. You have been spouting your lies long enough and your trolling is not working, and in facts it is not even amusing anymore, so you are wasting your time. 

Chimpanzees and humans are closely related (sharing 95% of their DNA sequence and 99% of coding DNA sequences; visual chart)

hot.jpg.49f57d2497a92e1c2d711e99f05daf00.jpg

Barbarian, regarding the claim that Newton rejected "atheistic evolution";

That would be impossible for two reasons.    First evolutionary theory is not atheistic.  Darwin, for example, wrote:

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.

Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species

Second, no one in Newton's day knew about evolution.

Of course, you just learned that evolutionary theory isn't atheistic; Darwin was a theist when he wrote the theory.

9 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Darwin is anything but a theist. Your definition of theist is wrong.

See above.  A person who attributes the creation of living things to God, is by definition, a theist.

Barbarian suggests:

11 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Sorry, But you are on the wrong side here

Sorry, but I'll put my faith in God.    You should, too.

12 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

You have been spouting your lies long enough and your trolling is not working

I don't say anything here that I do not believe to be true.    False accusations will not bring you closer to Him.   If you try to push people way from God, you will only succeed in pushing yourself away from Him.   Set your pride aside, and just accept it His way.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:

In 1972 they Knew the genes made Humans and apes, But they also knew there was a whole lot more genetic material In the DNA, So they went with the 2% and assumed the rest would be either similar or Junk (Non Coding). That is how I understand this Part of the article.

The first two techniques for sequencing DNA were not reported until 1977. Your claim that "In 1972 they Knew the genes made Humans and apes" doesn't make sense, but if you are suggesting that gene sequences were known, then that is obviously false.

Do you want to learn anything through this exchange? I can help you learn if you want.

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:
3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Can you see now how the essay was full of fabricated facts, was driven by an agenda, and was intellectually dishonest? This might be easier for you since you can judge the article, not what you have said yourself.

That is still to be determined. I Would appreciate it if you would continue the process on the New Data I put forward. Remember, this material is sourced from the Journal Nature. The Author may be putting his "spin" on the information, just as the Atheist evolutionists have their "spin" on the information. I am curious to hear your "spin".

You are still deluding yourself if you think "that is still to be determined". I have shown you exactly where and why that essay was full of false statements, driven by agenda, and not intellectually honest. Why should I move to the next article before you fully face the dishonesty of the first?

At a quick read, there is not complete dishonesty in your second essay, so that's good. They just didn't present all of the data from the article. We can get to that later.

First, you need to exhibit an honest assessment of the first essay. You show signs of beginning to come around, but you are not yet there.

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

First evolutionary theory is not atheistic. 

Evolution is the bastion of atheists, let's put it that way. The rest of your comments are absurd so I am ignoring you.

15 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

The first two techniques for sequencing DNA were not reported until 1977. Your claim that "In 1972 they Knew the genes made Humans and apes" doesn't make sense, but if you are suggesting that gene sequences were known, then that is obviously false.

I Do not know enough about the history of science and when discoveries were made, I Know the structure of DNA was discovered in the 1950's. Nor do I have the time to research it myself , and or learn from the likes of you who are known to falsify the facts and rewrite History as Barbarian is trying to do, ala Big brother. 

19 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

You are still deluding yourself if you think "that is still to be determined". I have shown you exactly where and why that essay was full of false statements, driven by agenda, and not intellectually honest. Why should I move to the next article before you fully face the dishonesty of the first?

At a quick read, there is not complete dishonesty in your second essay, so that's good. They just didn't present all of the data from the article. We can get to that later.

First, you need to exhibit an honest assessment of the first essay. You show signs of beginning to come around, but you are not yet there.

Well, then Ignore the conversation, if you are afraid of discussing with someone who will never "spin" things like you do. There is no "coming around" to your way of thinking, and if that is what you think you are doing, think again. I have been there and I am not going Back. I Have decided to follow Jesus, and His testimony is True. If you cannot respect that then you will have to concede a failure on your part to unwillingly answer questions posed to you. Which is exactly what all of this diversion is all about. 

God Bless. 

15 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I Do not know enough about the history of science and when discoveries were made

You could try reading what is written to you. I’ve mentioned this twice previously.

This is why I’m insisting that you come to the full realization of just how bad that first article was. It seems that telling you straight facts once or twice is not enough for them to sink in.

It was a horrible essay and I want to make sure you never try to use it as evidence against evolution ever again. When one Christian makes ridiculous claims like those in the essay, it makes us all look bad.

15 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

or learn from the likes of you who are known to falsify the facts

Please show me any facts I have falsified. Unlike you, I welcome correction so I can make better arguments in the future. I am fairly certain I have not made any, but I have been wrong before :-P

16 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

There is no "coming around" to your way of thinking, and if that is what you think you are doing, think again. I have been there and I am not going Back.

I honestly do not want you to come around to my way of thinking. You have exhibited tremendous intellectual laziness. I want you to be able to recognize and reject horrible arguments, even if they are “on your side”. You have not exhibited the sincerity and honesty yet to do that.

I have spoken with several YEC Christians that I respect a great deal because they can be honest enough to recognize and reject poor arguments. You are not in that group.

5 hours ago, Jonathan BeWell said:

“Whoa!” says God, shaking his head in disapproval. “Not so fast. You get your own dirt.”

That’s a funny joke :-) Thanks for the humor!